Fluorine

Charli XCX

31 minutes ago, joejoejoejoey said:

unpopular opinion

- Baby is one of her worst ever songs she tricked us into getting hype for it with the snippet of the intro / sinusitis vocals and hookless hell 

this one is unpopular for a reason :whoopi:

Just remembered this demo of So Over You exists, I like the album version but I kind of prefer this one. It sounds more sad lol 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

Some of you would be real upset with the tracklist I ended up pressing for my XCX World vinyl but I don’t care!!

2 LP clear vinyl

Side A:
Come to My Party
Girls Night Out
Good Girls
No Angel
Taxi

Side B:

Bounce

Why You Lookin’ At Me
Hey Boy Hey Girl

WGFU
Down Like Whoa

Side C:
Lock It Up
Focus

Boys
Die 4
Can You Hear Me

Side D:
Queen Lizzy
Waterfall
I Wanna Be With You
After The Afterparty

I was originally going to stick with the confirmed tracks from the scrapped third album and just have 1LP but I figured if I was spending the money on a custom personal pressing I might as well go all out and put songs recorded during the same time or just some unreleased charli tracks I really love and want to have on vinyl. Happy with my choices, hope it turns out decent enough! 

Just now, Mariahspoolboy said:

Some of you would be real upset with the tracklist I ended up pressing for my XCX World vinyl but I don’t care!!

2 LP clear vinyl

Side A:
Come to My Party
Girls Night Out
Good Girls
No Angel
Taxi

Side B:

Bounce

Why You Lookin’ At Me
Hey Boy Hey Girl

WGFU
Down Like Whoa

Side C:
Lock It Up
Focus

Boys
Die 4
Can You Hear Me

Side D:
Queen Lizzy
Waterfall
I Wanna Be With You
After The Afterparty

I was originally going to stick with the confirmed tracks from the scrapped third album and just have 1LP but I figured if I was spending the money on a custom personal pressing I might as well go all out and put songs recorded during the same time or just some unreleased charli tracks I really love and want to have on vinyl. Happy with my choices, hope it turns out decent enough! 

Yeah I'm upset for that tracklist, but hey an XCX World vinyl! :gurl: do you boo <3 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

oh i love some good unpopular (or popular, idgaf) opinions

• pure pop excellence charli >>> “hyperpop” charli but that’s just personal taste 

• pop 2 is so severely overrated, a lot of the features ruin the songs completely 

• sucker is really a pretty great project, take a few songs out and it would be superb 

• self titled sucks for a variety of reasons. shake it is like unbearable, the cover is hideous (sorry charles, but :toofunny:), it is the messiest collection of songs ever, and blame it on your love is…. um.. boring and dated (remember like, 2017 when everyone was obsessed with it and it’s 93758 demos? out of all her leaked tracks she chose to release THAT one?!) also 1999 is fun and a bop but it should’ve stayed as a monthly drop single and nothing else 

16 minutes ago, brandon said:

• pure pop excellence charli >>> “hyperpop” charli but that’s just personal taste 

• pop 2 is so severely overrated, a lot of the features ruin the songs completely 

• sucker is really a pretty great project, take a few songs out and it would be superb 

• self titled sucks for a variety of reasons. shake it is like unbearable, the cover is hideous (sorry charles, but :toofunny:), it is the messiest collection of songs ever, and blame it on your love is…. um.. boring and dated (remember like, 2017 when everyone was obsessed with it and it’s 93758 demos? out of all her leaked tracks she chose to release THAT one?!) also 1999 is fun and a bop but it should’ve stayed as a monthly drop single and nothing else 

YES to everything here :true: 

15 minutes ago, brandon said:

the only one i disagree with you on is pop 2 because i do think it's highly rated for a reason but other than that pretty much yep :true:

ESPECIALLY on self-titled :true: :true: :true:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

things i would change on/ think about self titled

1. that cover is really not it... imo it would've been better if the cover was a close up of her face with the 3d make up writing "charli" on her face (like bioyl, cyo, 2099, warm...)

2. 2099 is the only song i can't stand by her. thoughts is not that good too, its production is annoying. shake it, feb 17 are good songs but i wouldn't care if she never released them.

3. i like that the album is kinda random (1999 coming after cross you out /shake it coming after official):true:

4. my perfect tracklist would've been

1. Next Level Charli

2. Gone

3. Cross You Out

4. 1999

5. Click

6. Warm

7. Next Life

8. Blame It On Your Love

9. White Mercedes

10. Silver Cross

11. Mona Lisa (with a bridge and a better production):ma:

12. My Heart

13. I Don't Wanna Know 

14. Official

15. Real Friends

bIZyMFi.gif

Charli would’ve been a decent album if she just.. chose a vibe and stuck to it 😭 

like either go for a fun cohesive generic pop album with 1999 + white mercedes + gone + real friends etc (at that point throw focus/gno/no angel on there too)

or go with the pop2 knock off vibe of next level charli + shake it + 2099 + click

cuz the mix of those two vibes is a bit.. jarring 😭 

First attempt to fix Charli:

1. Next Level Charli
  2. Gone (feat. Christine and the Queens)
  3. Cross You Out (feat. Sky Ferreira)
  4. Dance All Night (feat. MØ)
  5. Click (feat. Kim Petras & Slayyyter)
  6. White Dress
  7. Thrills
  8. Next Life
  9. White Mercedes
  10. Silver Cross
  11. I Don't Wanna Know
  12. My Heart
  13. Rain Over London
  14. Would You
  15. Better When You're Gone

This feels weird at first, having literally all the features at the beginning, but I may think of another option later

EDIT: sksksks I forgot Mona Lisa, Purpose, Feel It, Ride, Don't Call Me :deadbanana: