Sitar

VIDEO PREMIERE: "High By the Beach"

I quite liked it actually, I mean at first I was like, please don't tell me this is going to be her walking around her house. But then when she shot the helicopter it all made sense. She sent out a strong message with the video too which I think is great.

Honestly i'll probably hardly watch it and its nothing special in terms of visuals, and as long as we get some high budget videos from this era, I'm fine with this being a small budget movie.

qsVmBMd.png

I don't understand how Lana can make videos like Born To Die, National Anthem, & Ride.... But then she makes a video like this..... High By The Beach is alright. But like seriously

Probably because of the budget. Her label doesn't support her like they used to and like they should.

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg

She looks beautiful but the video could've been executed better. It's not bqd but doesn't make me wanna watch it again. No part really struck me like some in her past videos (on the throne in BTD, laying on the carpet on NA, her against the wall on VG, laying on the sand in BJ, ride basically and her getting out of the pool in SoC). She could've made something better AND still have sent the message.

EotAQlJ.jpg

She didn't wait for me but I forgive ha, I'm ugly crying in French she looks so violently beautiful. This dress fits her really nicely I'm so in love with her omfg. The video feels 100000% her. I love the amateurish feeling, it looks like she's referencing a certain kind of movies or something. I fucking loved it especially after watching it a few times. I agree with everything's that been said about it being about the media and paparazzi. She's literally the queen of shade it's equally super hilarious and deep. My fav parts are when the helicopter is near the house, and obvs when her dress gets stuck I wasn't expecting it I screamed. Jesus CHRIST she looks way too beautiful for me I'm in actual pain. 

In any way, it feels like she's really unapologetically enjoying herself in this era, in a much more mature way, and I'm here for this. If this is the direction she's going I'm following her blindly. The colour scheme is gorgeous and everything hints at her being much more at, idk, not peace but in a better place than where she was with UV

ZKcaooE.png

I don't understand how Lana can make videos like Born To Die, National Anthem, & Ride.... But then she makes a video like this..... High By The Beach is alright. But like seriously

I really don't understand this. I feel like a lot of people have the general consensus that Born To Die is her peak. And they want her to rehash and replicate the music, the videos and the promotional trail. How boring would that be.

we have the music, we have the great videos, we can watch them any time. High By The Beach was sooo different upon first listen, Lana hasn't released anything like it before. and now the video, she has done something we really haven't seen from her before (whether you like it or not, is up to you). But she is clearly evolving changing and trying new things and it's so much more exciting to be a fan of somebody who isn't just a one trick pony.

Also I wonder how wet InTheSummer's pussy is right now

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I really don't understand this. I feel like a lot of people have the general consensus that Born To Die is her peak. And they want her to rehash and replicate the music, the videos and the promotional trail. How boring would that be.

we have the music, we have the great videos, we can watch them any time. High By The Beach was soon different upon first listen, Lana hasn't released anything like it before. and now the video, she has done something we really haven't seen from her before (whether you like it or not, is up to you). But she is clearly evolving changing and trying new things and it's so much more exciting to be a fan of somebody who isn't just a one trick pony.

I don't see the harm in wanting another "BTD - Era" video. yes we have those, but I see nothing wrong with desiring to feel everything they made us feel (well, for those of us who loved them anyway) : the awe, the emotion, the inspiration, the nostalgia ... If she started out with Ultraviolence, then stepped up with HBTB, then SOF and then the whole of the BTD era (visually), it would make sense, but I kinda agree that the "WOW" factor lacks for her recent work. I'm not talking about tigers or black Kennedys, I'm just talking about well thought concepts and execution.  That's my two cents. Now, I'll go back and watch HBTB. 

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

The split second where she runs underneath the house and it's dark really struck me, just like a clip in the video games video with the animated stars. They both felt really special to me in sync with the music. idk

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Uhn he's not online so lemme help you generate an InTheSummer comment:

YASSSS BITCH MY PUSSY IS SO WET IT'S ALMOST LIKE WET RAIN YASSS FIGHT ME HIGHSCHOOL GIRL DRAMA BITCH PUSSY WET WET IM STRAIGHT BUT MY PUSSY IS WET DRAAAAAAAG

:troll:

also how the FUCK can anybody call her fat? :oprah2: this is really the sexiest she has ever looked.

Did you check her silhouette when she's by the window with the helicopter? 

BrightOilyHellbender.gif

Whats up w that messy camera work though

This might be overthinking it, but I thought the shaky camera was a nice touch: it creates distress in the viewer which adds to the mood, it's just like how Lana is feeling by being watched all the time even though she doesn't like it