annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

33 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

This will always be my favorite album. I could listen in a daily basis and never get bored

Β 

same, I listen to it everyday and it's always the same exciting journeyΒ :angie:

1.jpgΒ  3.jpgΒ Β 2.jpgΒ 

Kinda late but I finally bought the honeymoon limited boxset!! It's my first Lana boxset and I can't wait til it arrivesΒ :wub:

I was wondering if anyone framed the cards? Cause I wanted to frame mine but I don't know how to make them look good together and cohesive, if that makes senseΒ 

13.04.2018 RomeΒ - Lana wore my hat!Β 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

Β 

The best demo I have heard from her. I hope for more leakΒ on this Honeymoonesque period (Freak demo 1)

Β 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1HVDd_wz_o

Can't belive I used to not like Freak and Art Deco... I love them so much now

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Β 

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/IsΒ This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

I was in college when this came out and I wanted theΒ cassette so bad but couldn’t afford it. I finally bought it on discorgs for just under $60, including tax and shipping. Celebrate with me faggots!!!

This remains my least favourite album from her the only 5 tracks that are essential to me are Honeymoon (which to be honest just serves to set the scene I don’t really enjoy listening to the song), God Knows I Tried, Terrence Loves You, The Blackest Day and Swan Song. Demo version of Freak would earn a spot too but the album version has always been one of my least favourite tracks from her. Weird because the bridge of every song on this album is so strong I just think this is the one Lana album that lives up to the reputation of her music being β€œboring” ☹️ I think also the comedown of this coming off the back of the epic Ultraviolence which was so stylistic to this being the first taste of Lana not really delivering great visuals has soured its memory for me ctfu

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

masterpiece from beginning to end, no skips

honeymoon I love you so muchΒ 

1.jpgΒ  3.jpgΒ Β 2.jpgΒ 

1 hour ago, Trash Magic said:

This remains my least favourite album from her the only 5 tracks that are essential to me are Honeymoon (which to be honest just serves to set the scene I don’t really enjoy listening to the song), God Knows I Tried, Terrence Loves You, The Blackest Day and Swan Song. Demo version of Freak would earn a spot too but the album version has always been one of my least favourite tracks from her. Weird because the bridge of every song on this album is so strong I just think this is the one Lana album that lives up to the reputation of her music being β€œboring” ☹️ I think also the comedown of this coming off the back of the epic Ultraviolence which was so stylistic to this being the first taste of Lana not really delivering great visuals has soured its memory for me ctfu

Change url to Trash Taste, respectfullyΒ 

1 hour ago, Trash Magic said:

Just played Religion and had to skip halfway through her vocal performance is just so languid ?

Honey ur gonna need god on ur side with a take like that, so I’d hit play again and start prayin

On 7/4/2021 at 8:22 PM, Distantly said:

I was in college when this came out and I wanted theΒ cassette so bad but couldn’t afford it. I finally bought it on discorgs for just under $60, including tax and shipping. Celebrate with me faggots!!!

Livin ur best lyfe im so happy for u

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

15 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

honeymoon is her best title track and it's one of her most underrated

Β 

period

1.jpgΒ  3.jpgΒ Β 2.jpgΒ 

A perfect album with some of herΒ most creative and stunning visuals <3Β Everything surroundingΒ thisΒ record is so cohesive and during its era, you could tell Lana was really proud and excited to have created this body of work.
Β 

Every lyric contains multitudes - this isΒ one of the rare albums in history where the meaning of the songs are both super clear andΒ super ambiguous, as they’re written to be interpreted in so many different ways. There is a very strong metaphysical thread running throughout this record that can be hard to miss if you don’t read between the lines a bit.Β There are layers upon layers, lyrically, sonically, visually...
Β 

ily, honeymoonΒ :wub: