annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

I feel like I should but I just can't rn.

The thing that makes it "racially charged" is that she described someone as ghetto, not a place that is actually a ghetto.

Agree with you but a LDR board with stupid fucking stans (and I stan her but still criticise her appropriation and racist bullshit) is not the place. Oh oops!

?????? It really isn't?? I mean as far as I'm aware, but I go to an academically selective high school so everyone is a lot more accepting about stuff, I know plenty of people at comprehensive high schools to be racist and many peoples grandparents especially, but it seems like it's fading out more with each generation. Hmm I'm not sure, maybe personally I just struggle to see it because I'm constantly in an environment that's wholly accepting regardless of race, gender, sexuality etc

Lmao...yep those public high schoolers are much more racist than you smarties!

i'm so conflicted. i love honeymoon, but what it suffers from is a lack of variety. the songs on their own are great, but the album is all so slow/barely mid-tempo that it becomes laborious to listen to the whole thing at once. all of the songs have a similar 'feel' to them. the thing is, i like that 'feel'! but those songs don't get to shine in an album that lacks variety. we can't appreciate the slow, sensual moments as much because the entire album is that way.

let's think about ultraviolence. i've heard so many people say that was an album of sleepy songs. but we also had songs like west coast, MPG, FMWUTTP, & florida kilos to break up the monotony, you know? 

this is the first time i really feel like the lyrics are besides the point. they are more a vehicle for the melody than anything. she was right when she described HM as being more "surrealistic" and less personal.

that said, i can appreciate pretty much anything lana puts out. i am here because of her voice & that has never disappointed me. on this album her vocals are even more self-assured & fluid & reach new heights. i'm glad she stopped trying to change her natural vocal range. 

the album highlights for me are the blackest day ( :defeated: perfection), salvatore (get out of my head!), freak (hot), terrance loves you (watch me cry), & music to watch boys to ( :heart: )

sis lack of variety? This has a lot of dif songs/vibes ...

And the BTD stans need help. You cant move on, its fine, the problem comes when u think nothing comes close to it and when you cant enjoy because "its so not close to BTD it hurts, that album made me cry" 

i'm so conflicted. i love honeymoon, but what it suffers from is a lack of variety. the songs on their own are great, but the album is all so slow/barely mid-tempo that it becomes laborious to listen to the whole thing at once. all of the songs have a similar 'feel' to them. the thing is, i like that 'feel'! but those songs don't get to shine in an album that lacks variety. we can't appreciate the slow, sensual moments as much because the entire album is that way.

The album's actually very diversive. It has a coherent style, but each track is very unique on it's own.

Honeymoon, with it's creeping violins and the minimalistic instrumental with main focus on her vocals. Terrenc eLoves You is slow and jazzy, Music TO Watch Boys to is laid back and tropical, god KnowsI Tried has a western-esque feeling mixed with slight gospel vibes. High By The Beach is a beachy-muddy-trap song, Freak is sexy and mysterious. Art Deco is a song like it could play in a lounge of any artsy, upper-class-hipsters club while Salvatore evokes Little Italy feelings and 24 shapes it's simple, cute melody up to a Bond-song worthy chorus. The Blackest Day is a very emotional song, while Religion is a more "classic Lana song" and Swan Song is a dark, moanful outro. The Other Woman has these syntheziser instrumental going on.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Can I just say that I thought some people were just talking overhyped blah blah over the album? I didn't see the appeal of Freak and MTWBT, but loved GKIT, TLY, HM, AD, TBD already...and had only heard the UO version but listening now...this is heaven. I adored Ultraviolence but she has progressed overall like you wouldn't believe (except most of you have heard it). Also how lucky are we as fans to get this perfection a mere 15 months later?

Can I just say that I thought some people were just talking overhyped blah blah over the album? I didn't see the appeal of Freak and MTWBT, but loved GKIT, TLY, HM, AD, TBD already...and had only heard the UO version but listening now...this is heaven. I adored Ultraviolence but she has progressed overall like you wouldn't believe (except most of you have heard it). Also how lucky are we as fans to get this perfection a mere 15 months later?

because some have craved for some beats in Lana's songs since the debut LP

giphy.gif