annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

Holy shit I thought for a brief moment that UV was my only favourite album ever but I'm listening right now to HM in high quality speakers for the first time and I can literally feel my soul leaving my body and I'm drowning in my emotion it's so fucking good. So violently perfect this music is just insanely good how will I ever unstan

HM definitely sounds the best when its played loud and through clear speakers

Months after... Freak is disgusting, trash, senseless, stupid

Freak sounds like two completely different songs put together, like the verses and the bridge tell one story but the chorus has absolutely nothing to do with the rest?

Idk how to explain it but 

verses+bridge=beautiful, dark, sinister vibe

chorus=sultry, sexy, trashy vibe (although I really like those weird harmonies)

I think the verses+bridge with a different chorus would've been 100 times better

ZmJh1LG.jpg

Tragic, Freak fits into the album flow

There r like many haters in here that don't agree with everything she do 

she is totes compariable to John Lemon and Mick Jagger

i remember when I was 5 and vinyls came out.  Out of all musicians that have music on records.., Lana is the best 

her haunting voice and velvet vocals can only but wow me. Very few artist can do that to me as I don't like music much anyways 

Lana has to forget about unpopular opinions especially like you youngsters, judging her every move. Remember she is only human that will not be recognized by the Oscars music awards just like Led Zappler and other old iconic a of the yesteryear

there is someone here that shall not be named @(leaked) that is disrespectful to Lana and her choices. She is a true magician and can do what she pleases. Music from the 1840s is not like today's but I can tell you Lana is one of the greats like John Elton. Speaking about Elton, Lana should definitely collaborate with him on a small concert. Also Lana has to collaborate with James Fanco on his woman in big mansion movie idea as they're very alike also on bullybored awards Lana was the classiest person in the room.

And where does one get off saying one she didn't know what to say?

Or maybe the people saying that are too stupid to realize what she said, which was quite Genius IMHO.

She is starting to realize just how powerful she is, so she can triple down on the way she already does things for decades into future. (and not do what the run of the mill Adeles do, but do it the

way she does it, as an innovator, as a trailblazer as the unique once in a generation artist she is.

no t no shade :creep:

At the moment 24 is my least favourite tbh, it's like a watered down Million Dollar Man with unfathomable, nonsensical, just mere stupid lyrics... "there's only 24 hours in a day" like thanks, hun, I don't know about you, but I've known that since I was about 5  :whatever:

The other thing that annoys me about 24 is the "give me your diamonds" line, because it completely contradicts the theme of criticising fame/glamour and so on, which is so prominent throughout the album in basically every other song. It just feels so out of place after Religion, where she says "it never was about the money or the drugs". Idk, 24 just doesn't really interest me that much melodically either. like, it's a nice song but for me it's kinda just meh compared to every other track    :pft:

I don't like the vocal delivery of the verses in Freak, especially lines like 'if TIME stood STILL I'd take this MO-ment make it LAST forever' where she stresses these random syllables which completely breaks the flow of the melody.

I'm also not a fan of her obnoxious moaning (ughehugheighugheugheugh... ) during the later choruses which has been mixed to be far too loud to be anything other than jarring.

The overall production could be better: the whole song literally is smothered in indistinguishable sounds that just tire the listener out because all I can hear is that it's noisy. I don't like Rick's cheap-ass bargain basement trap beats, which is probably why I consider HBTB, Freak and Art Deco the weakest on the album.

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

Your positivity is literally the best part of being a Lana fan these days..

This makes me happy beyond belief, I can't thank you enough. (Also your signature is my thesis name :toofunny:

I was thinking about it these days, it sounds cheesy as hell but like, I've been stanning for a year which is nothing but I'm so into Lana herself, her face and her looks and her voice and her words and her entire universe, I'm sometimes forgetting that what fascinated me in the first place wasn't even the lyrics, it was the melodies, the quality of the melodies and how powerful and bold and packed with emotional power they are, it's Lana's biggest strength in my opinion and I relate so much to the way she puts herself in them. Lana's music is incredible, and I sincerely enjoyed the beginning of HM era supremely, not just because it was my first and because of the mindstate I was in at the time and because I met her and she was the first girl I ever kissed and I'll never get over it, but because this music is excellent. I'm not a music critic at all and I'll never pretend I can be but the songs from Honeymoon just lifts the best in me and makes it flow and it's a gift few things can give me. I'm so grateful for all the songs we have. Even when the day come and I won't be interested in Lana's person itself, I know I will still listen to the music, because even if you remove the lyrical content, it's just too broad and too deep and beautiful not to be listened to, stuff like Sirens that took me a solid 6 months of continuous and intensive stanning to appreciate is the now stellar light in my bad days because it just, looks like me. And all the pop songs make me happy to a level that I never reached before, where music used to be a relief for me Lana is making it a strength in my mind and it's just precious, no need to go over it for hours, her music is my life and I can't put that aside.

And on top of this, one year after out of curiosity falling desperately in love in a few days, I'm realizing how much she taught me, I never knew I would be so interested in white trash and old Hollywood glamour and stuff like that, her whole universe, jazz and all, I read several books just because she did and watched several movies just because she did and it's basic stan stuff but it's GOOD, you know, it's not morally bad to be obsessed with a celebrity in this particular way, I've learned A LOT and it inspired me in a completely Lana-detached way. The music I'm listening to right now is essentially her, my old favs CocoRosie, and stuff that I discovered because of Lana, because she was the first person that I listened to that had NOTHING to do with what I used to listen. She taught me that it was stupid to have a priori about pop culture and stuff around it and it's confirmed every day with this forum because as much as contrary to the good sis I really hate drama, there are so many passionate and talented people here that reminds me of Lizzy's raging passion and it inspires me to my deepest depths. 

Tl; dr Sorry I'm finally getting out of depression after 4 months and I just feel so ecstatic all the time. Merry Christmas folks may all your dreams come true :)

Edit: I got so into this that I completely forgot but funny enough, while relistening the album yesterday (I have yet to listen to it in full and order), I found that Freak revealed itself to be excellent and very atmospheric when in good quality, like immersive, I don't know if it's the good word, but it's weird because I was 1000% sure it would be my least fav. 24 is probably my least favourite track, not that I hate it, I just never listens to it it kind of bores me

ZKcaooE.png

Cue graham4anything to call you all insane for not worshipping the ground lana walks on and loving every note ever made by her and her genius producers that desevre 76 grammys which she was so atrociously denied, but let's just remember she'll get a grammy if "Weeknd" wins

smile.gif

There are quite a few songs on Honeymoon which start off really promising but then start meandering and go nowhere. Like with Freak. When I first heard it in the album teaser I was floored and couldn't wait to listen to the whole song, but the only good part is basically up to the second chorus and after that it's pretty bad, especially that cheesy synth ending. The Blackest Day starts meandering too just like Swan Song, which begins so well but goes nowhere and the end is just really lazy with the senseless repetition of 'Put your white tennis shoes on and follow me'.

She pronounces some word so weirdly too, idk, I guess this album was driven more by production and music itself rather than the lyrics, sometimes it feels like she just threw the words into the song

The album would have benefited a lot if it had been just 8 tracks or so like Paradise was, imho

I love freak, in part because it's so trashy and silly. Love the completely ridiculous line "looking back, my past, it all seems stranger than a stranger." I guess it's kind of like why I love Florida Kilos which I hated at first but later grew on me.