annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

She should just move on honestly. Maybe a tour, but even if she doesn't go on tour, it doesn't matter.

What she needs is a rest, living her life and get some new inspiration, pick up the pace and come back with a strong single that can be played on the radio.

So 2017 seems more reasonable.

She should just move on honestly. Maybe a tour, but even if she doesn't go on tour, it doesn't matter.

What she needs is a rest, living her life and get some new inspiration, pick up the pace and come back with a strong single that can be played on the radio.

So 2017 seems more reasonable.

I wonder if this is the right decision commercially. Take a long break after a flop it's not a good idea at all

1,5 years is not a long break. She should have palatable material. With Honeymoon she didn't have it.

Yeah, but think about Paradise: it felt rushed to release a new album ( or a re-edition) less than one year after BTD but in the end it only helped BTD sales and longevity. At the time BTD had sold more than 200k on the US, it was not a hit at all. I think she could release a new EP this year to get things going and build more hype for a new album in 2017.  

I want videos. For every song. From the last two records. I know I'm reaching for the stars but I'm so pressed that I have more video ideas than Lana. Like I get that she probably has homemade videos for every song but let's be honest. The reason why she doesn't upload them it's because of copyrights, she doesn't want to upload the videox for them to later be taken down because she didn't get the rights for the materials like it happened with the first Video Games video. That was so sad and tragic.  But like, I have original ideas girl, and those songs aren't even mine :defeated:

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

Yeah, but think about Paradise: it felt rushed to release a new album ( or a re-edition) less than one year after BTD but in the end it only helped BTD sales and longevity. At the time BTD had sold more than 200k on the US, it was not a hit at all. I think she could release a new EP this year to get things going and build more hype for a new album in 2017.  

because it was adding songs to an already beloved album that had sold almost 3 million copies worldwide. The US was just late. If it was released on its own, it would have flopped. It simply had no song on it that screamed hit and these days, you simply need these songs plus an overall convincing album that hits a big demographic.

I wonder if this is the right decision commercially. Take a long break after a flop it's not a good idea at all

Honeymoon was a flop? It was in a few best albums of 2015 lists and it was received very well here. 

All the roses are red, and Jupiter too 

I think our standards for not flopping here must be Adele level.

I guess people aren't just talking about the critical acclaim or the sales but the fact that noone really bothered HM came out. Even though she appeared in some magazines, none of those appearances were really noticed, she's not really having radio prsesence, no interesting interviews or TV/Radio performances, noone outside the fan community really noticed HM exists. It's there and it's nice to have it but nothing about it was big or very interesting in the long term.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

i saw the deluxe digipack being discounted to 5-6€ even though paradise and the btd deluxe still costs about 12€

In a store in Germany it's 16.99 € and that's the price for a brand new CD

but it has something good HM was sold out

Mfhp.gif

HM is not a commercial failure, Therres no way she can match the sales of BTD when it's been out for longer, had way more promo, and then had a re release to up the sales LMAO.

Compared to other pop garbage on the radio, she's alternative. Her sales are very good for a female alt singer, especially considering how the US media treats her.

I just want Lana to take a break, get inspired, and actually have a successful era.The Honeymoon era was just not up to par. Whoever is managing Lana seriously needs to be fired. She has all the potential and resources in the world to make videos, appear on shows, do radio interviews.... but it appears as though she's settling and not living up to her own hype. 

It sucks when you see someone with so much potential just letting things slip by, career wise(compared to other artists). But if Lana is happy with the way things are going then I guess we should all be happy too  :pft:

In a store in Germany it's 16.99 € and that's the price for a brand new CD

but it has something good HM was sold out

idk what store you're refering to but last time i checked it was 6€ at saturn and müller and hm was like 16€ which is more than during its release week (i bought it for 12€ on the release date). prices may vary considering this is what i've seen in a few stores in baden-württemberg.

i76mrxw.png