annedauphine

Honeymoon - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Honeymoon  

310 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Honeymoon?

• Honeymoon
    • Music to Watch Boys to
    • Terrence Loves You
    • God Knows I Tried
    • High by the Beach
    • Freak
    • Art Deco
    • Burnt Norton
    • Religion
    • Salvatore
    • The Blackest Day
    • Swan Song
    • Don't Let Me be Misunderstood

Honeymoon has legit the best production of all her albums. I don't hear any of the followings on Honeymoon: white noises, tinny/metallic/cheap piano notes, unequal voice recording AND mastering on any of its song, as well as flat and dry instrumentation. Which are all basically the very definition of the production of NFR. Honeymoon is literally her most spotless album production wise, near studio perfect sound. :rip:

tenor.gif?itemid=7201571

I don’t agree. I feel like between Freak & Art Deco, it has a continuity but it ends there. That was the point it feels like the album stops being as continuous and strung together. 24 and Salvatore were both... eh, there’s a reason they didn’t use 24 for Bond. Swan Song is good but at this point looking back, Swan Song is so similar to other stuff. I just really like DLMBM out of the last 4-5 tracks on that album. Scratch that i liked The Blackest Day but it could’ve been easily fit onto UV but as much as i liked it, it’s forgettable

Dan Auerbach has better production skills than Rick imo

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Don't get me started on how I think HBTB and Freak are some of her worst songs in her catalog  :creep:  :creep:  :creep:

Dan Auerbach has better production skills than Rick imo

Don't agree with everything you both said, but this I agree with.

But I just feel like Honeymoon, as a whole, feels more complete and much more polished than NFR.

Don't agree with everything you both said, but this I agree with.

But I just feel like Honeymoon, as a whole, feels more complete and much more polished than NFR.

That was the point with NFR tho, she didn’t want it to feel overproduced. I actually disliked the decision to include Doin Time on it rather than including LFA on it. Even if it was for the digital version. It sounds more like the album than Doin Time does, which seems like the most overproduced track on the record. I don’t dislike Doin Time i just dislike the decision for the album

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

That was the point with NFR tho, she didn’t want it to feel overproduced. I actually disliked the decision to include Doin Time on it rather than including LFA on it. Even if it was for the digital version. It sounds more like the album than Doin Time does, which seems like the most overproduced track on the record. I don’t dislike Doin Time i just dislike the decision for the album

Ehhh Agree that it was probably the intention on this album, to have a more simplistic, less atmospheric type of sound, but it fell flat a bit to me.

There's a huge difference between having a so called "overproduced" sound, and the the album sounding downright cheap. Honeymoon is far from overproduced, it's lush and etheral. On the other hand, NFR sounds pretty rough and uncooked, to me it feels like I'm listening to a bunch of demos.

I also agree about Doin' Time, I actually like the song, but it feels completely out of place on NFR.

She never looked more gorgeous! Her best video!

I love this look (and the song) :D 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

Do we know any Honeymoon outtakes? Because I  found a rumoured Honeymoon outtake(just the title) today called "San Antonio"

Source: https://lanadelrey.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_unconfirmed_songs

Does anyone know more about this rumoured Outtake? I'm so curious about it bc I've never heard of any honeymoom outtakes and we know several outtakes from her other albums.

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Still ha best alboom wbk

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

When this album came out, it felt like the universe was finally confirming to me that Lana really was our generation’s equivalent of Joni Mitchell. I always felt like they were on similar wavelengths during the same points of their careers but when Honeymoon came out, it was the most obvious. In many ways, Honeymoon thematically felt like the long lost sister of For the Roses. I especially felt this way when I first heard Lana recite Burnt Norton, which seems to tie the whole album together and also had always seemed so connected to Joni’s For the Roses. Sometimes it’s hard for me to listen to these albums without listening to the other because they just go together so well. I’d definitely recommend listening to For the Roses to anyone who loves Honeymoon.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

I just got my Honeymoon UO vinyl for Christmas :hooker: I love how red is the vinyl omg Thank u depop

HM was my first lana vinyl, back in 2015 when i first got into her! it's the perfect christmas album imo. enjoy!

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

Here, listening to this album for the 500th time, maybe. Few times I've felt so connected to a project, or to the voice on it. Maybe Lana gave us with Honeymoon one of the most sophisticated depictions of loneliness to ever exist.

Here, listening to this album for the 500th time, maybe. Few times I've felt so connected to a project, or to the voice on it. Maybe Lana gave us with Honeymoon one of the most sophisticated depictions of loneliness to ever exist.

This is my favourite thing anyone's ever said about this album.

i just did my track ranking in the LFL thread so i'm gonna do my honeymoon ranking now  :hooker:  not that anyone asked but yknow

1. Art Deco
  2. Salvatore
  3. Terrence Loves You
  4. God Knows I Tried
  5. Honeymoon
  6. 24
  7. The Blackest Day
  8. Freak
  9. Music To Watch Boys To
  10. Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood
  11. Burnt Norton (Interlude)
  12. High By The Beach
  13. Religion
  14. Swan Song

Wq9zHLl.jpg

I'm freaking out at the fact we will eventually get more Honeymoon demos.

I hope there is one for HBTB, MTWBT and Terrence Loves You

I'm wondering if a Honeymoon demo exists as well and what it sound like. Some Hobeymoon outtakes would be amazing too!

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2: