Sign in to follow this  
GodBlessMe

Lana’s Best Album / Your Favourite

Now that Honeymoon has been released, which album is your favorite?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Your favourite Lana album

• Lana Del Ray a.k.a. Lizzy Grant
    • Born To Die
    • Paradise
    • Ultraviolence
    • Honeymoon
    • Lust for Life
    • Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Chemtrails Over the Country Club
    • Blue Banisters
    • Did you know that there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd

Aka feels incomplete, I think it could have been much better. 

Born to Die has good songs but the production is not very good which makes some songs completely boring. Example: Radio

Again Paradise has bad production except songs like Ride, Bel Air, Burning Desire. Lyrics are not very good also. Cola makes me cringe all the time, but at least it has good vocals and nice chorus.

Sirens is probably her best album. It very simple but genuine. Her voice feels natural and real and you can relate to the songs. 

Im sure Ultraviolence will be an evolution for her, and also probably her best album too now that she experimented this last years.

:bye2:

This is like those "what's your favorite/least favorite song" threads which haven't any consensus. The only way she can please everybody is to do everything, which I hope she continues doing.

For me:

AKA > BTD==Sirens Period > Paradise, though I think having all the different styles and periods are what makes me appreciate this artist more than others. Paradise (not including Burning Desire) is last because of length, not quality or production. I'd have rather seen a full release (or a more oversized EP) as @@neuf suggested, although Hollywood's Dead, Damn You, Never Let Me Go, and the song Paradise are the possibilities for bulking it up that occurred to me. Paradise doesn't really have a theme (that I can see) other than showcasing LDR's talents, so more variety would have helped.

Also as @@neuf suggested, the unreleased/unaligned poses a problem. You could put together possible albums that would compete with her released ones. For instance, she has enough later acoustic-stlye songs for a Sirens-like reboot album, or enough bubble-gum pop songs to do an album of those, and other possibilities as well. 

BTD will always be my favourite album. In terms of production, it's my favourite. It's also my favourite because it was the album that truly started my love and appreciation for Lana and her art. 

In terms of production, my second favourite would be Paradise and THEN Honeymoon. It's not that i don't like Ultraviolence, I do! But the production in HM captivates me on a whole other level :icant:

tumblr_m7ggbemthf1r7oj7fo1_500.gif

Ultraviolence! Honeymoon is amazing and I love it but Ultraviolence is something very special. I'm sure I'll grow more and more fond of Honeymoon but I don't think it will ever top UV. I connect with Ultraviolence in too many ways for it to not be my favorite.

Ultraviolence is the greatest one so far. The almost concept-album-y coherence, the dark yet summery vibes, the raw and emotional sound and the lo-fi-rock ... She really did something great there and, even more important, something she hadn't done before.

My second fav is Paradise, it's so great at evoking emotions with each song.

Honeymoon and Born To Die  are on an equal footing for me.

Born To Die is a great debut, the composition of low-Nancy Sinatra esque vocals, dramatic orchestral instrumentals in contrast to Lolita-esque vocals, E-drums playing Hip Hop beats and all those samples ... It's a great album and each track is beautiful. Plus I think it's the "most different" one if you compare it to the rest of her material, since it's the most pop-ish one.

Honeymoon is laid back and has some beautiful songs. the vocals are great and mature but yet I don't think it's the most spectacular album she's done so far.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

BTD. Which isn't to say that the other albums aren't amazing as well, and at times have higher highs. But BTD does not have a single bad song on it, which is something you can't say about the rest.

IMO there are many fillers and bad things about the era

Mfhp.gif