ilovetati

What musical direction should Lana go in for LDR5?

Her deeper voice would really suit a few Christmas tracks. A whole Christmas album probably won't be the best idea because it could be harder to listen to for the rest of the year but even one Christmas single would be SO amazing. (Whenever I think of Christmas songs from Lana I immediately remember blue velvet)

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

Her deeper voice would really suit a few Christmas tracks. A whole Christmas album probably won't be the best idea because it could be harder to listen to for the rest of the year but even one Christmas single would be SO amazing. (Whenever I think of Christmas songs from Lana I immediately remember blue velvet)

A whole Christmas album would be a fantastic idea! If done properly. Like this one, for example.  :brows:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I think she will get a little more upbeat, but not in the same way Born to Die was. I think it may even be a little more like AKA :'), but with better quality studio recording and more mature vocals. 

Thats just my guess from what shes teased already. 

From my own little fantasies though, it would so cool if she somehow mixed that AKA style with something a bit spooky like some more amazing strings. Like seriously, imagine Honeymoon hauntingness with AKA cross Ultra <3 <3. just wishes tho......

I think Lana would do well with a song like this

It's dark, sexy, and subtle but powerful. The instrumental is pretty different and edgy imo, so it would be interesting to hear something like this with Lana.

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

Something like that would be pretty cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDab4h3zXbo

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THESE im in love

i always look for voices like this, like Lana, and Cat Power

Found this one too and its totally her vibe 

It's dark, sexy, and subtle but powerful. The instrumental is pretty different and edgy imo, so it would be interesting to hear something like this with Lana.

I like this, its sorta grungy, like the 90s and early 2000's. 

I know I'll enjoy whatever she gives us but if I could choose then it would be something dark like "Ultraviolence". I love that 70's rock sound with lots of drums and there's something special about the way her voice resonates and echoes in that album.

On the other hand I wouldn't mind if she released something along the lines of "Honeymoon". I also enjoy more upbeat tracks like "Off to the Races" from the "Born to Die" album. Whatever she goes for, I'd prefer it if it was kept within a certain style (concept album) instead of going for different sounds.

Finally, it would be wonderful if she gave us the new album along with a physical release of her debut album (aka Lizzy Grant)! :pray2:

If you care about animals, please watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5hGQDLprA8

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THESE im in love

i always look for voices like this, like Lana, and Cat Power

Found this one too and its totally her vibe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mVcb9WcloU

I like this, its sorta grungy, like the 90s and early 2000's.

If you like Jennifer Charles' voice, check out "Lovage - Music To Make Love To Your Old Lady By"

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Idk... I think it's a bit too edgy for my taste. The instrumentals don't really speak to me.

I would actually love a Christmas album. I definitely wouldn't take it over a regular album, but if she just did covers, all she would have to do is record them.

I'm not good with music terms, but I would love something that was more along the lines of dream pop but with some extra rhythm/bass for ldr5.

Omg literally, vocals, music style, and lyrics wowwwowowow

And it also sounds a little like Swan Lake theme (the strings) and she often gets her inspiration form iconic things like that

The last part IS a sample from Swan Lake.

The original Mad About You sounds a bit different (a bit faster and there was another singer with a more pop-ish voice) but Hooverphonic recorded this version in 2012 during their "With Orchestra" project. Listening to this version instantly reminded me of Lana

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

would love PSB duets

Imagine6" Love is a bourgeois concept" done Lana style

(which of course uses the piano playing composer minimalist Michael Nyman "Chasing sheep is best left to shepherds" running throught the song

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp