Sign in to follow this  
PARADIXO

Reasons Why Honeymoon Is a Great Album

First- ERA- we are living in the Lana Del Rey ERA, much like, 1955-1958 was the Elvis era, 1964-1970 was the Beatles era, 1970-1976 the Elton John era

1977-1978 was the Peter Frampton/ era, 1979-1987 was the Michael Jackson / Madonna era, now the Lana Del Rey era.

Honeymoon is the latest chapter of the book of the Lana Del Rey era. there is NO individual album era on anyone, it is a silly kids term imho, that has no application long term.

Honeymoon is equal to two of the top 10 movies of all time. Those being Sunset Blvd with Gloria Swanson and William Holden and David Lynch's inside out of Sunset Blvd, Mulholland Drive.

Like prior chapters Paradise, and Ultraviolence, Honeymoon is a full concept album needing 100% of ones time to listen to the entire proper album.

Unlike Ultraviolence, there is no filler bonus cuts distracting from the full concept. One MUST listen to track 1 all the way through to Misunderstood, which doubles down on the meaning and demands one go back to track 1 and listen again and again and again. It is full album/no filler in ways almost no one has done.

While some here (the usual suspects, want Lana to be this female or that female whom she already tops as an artiste', Lana so surpasses those (meh) artists

as to render them not even listenable anymore.

Either one has the smarts to listen and undertand, or one has a two second attention span, and if the person has no attention span, well, its not my fault or Lana's fault, it is that person fault, and Lana obviously is not for that person (but for one of the meh artists that the other members of the public listen to in the background like elevator music and not substance.

Either one sees it or not.

One need not go through song by song as all songs are words in the chapter of the 2015 book that is ever on going.

It is interesting that this year David Bowie has a box set of his Aladdin Sane years. Anyone notice Lana has more quality songs in total, than Bowie in his entire career, let alone his Aladdin Sane years...(can you hear me Major Tom, can you hear me Major Tom, can you hear me Major Tom, can you hear me Major Tom)

When Lana interpolates Major Tom from Space Oddity, well, that was the mind blowing great moment in all of music of 2015.

(and the usual suspects here, to a person have indicated they can't stand Terrence. Well, I guess Terrence doesn't love them either.

Pity life has passed them by, rendering their opinion now meaningless to anything in the future and making one wonder if they weren't part of the crew

writing those horrible comments on every single youtube, and any place there was a comments section in any article on line. Why one wastes any precious time

going on an artiste's board or articles to promote hate of that specific artiste' is unknown. Why not just go to some place where an artist (not artiste') they actually care about and groove to that.

and much love to Chuck Grant and her photography, both in the High by the Beach shoot, and the entire concept of the album. Elizabeth  on the bus, being photographed as Elizabeth by her sister, going on a tour of the stars (or her mind) as she is about to travel and pass the house of Lana Del Rey in a chapter in the life, where one has to listen to this chapter, to have any understanding of a past chapter and a future chapter in the continuing story of Lana Del Rey, which has a long, long way to go

(making her Trailblazer award statement at the end of 2015 so damn important- that she is only realizing the scope of Lana Del Rey, showing she is no where in any way (the haters indicated wrongly as always) that the ride was ending, it has so many more chapters to come and isn't even anywhere near half over).

What a fitting award The Trailblazer Award, is for Lana to win, it transcends the ordinary awards by far.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

First- ERA- we are living in the Lana Del Rey ERA, much like, 1955-1958 was the Elvis era, 1964-1970 was the Beatles era, 1970-1976 the Elton John era

1977-1978 was the Peter Frampton/ era, 1979-1987 was the Michael Jackson / Madonna era, now the Lana Del Rey era.

Honeymoon is the latest chapter of the book of the Lana Del Rey era. there is NO individual album era on anyone, it is a silly kids term imho, that has no application long term.

Honeymoon is equal to two of the top 10 movies of all time. Those being Sunset Blvd with Gloria Swanson and William Holden and David Lynch's inside out of Sunset Blvd, Mulholland Drive.

Like prior chapters Paradise, and Ultraviolence, Honeymoon is a full concept album needing 100% of ones time to listen to the entire proper album.

Unlike Ultraviolence, there is no filler bonus cuts distracting from the full concept. One MUST listen to track 1 all the way through to Misunderstood, which doubles down on the meaning and demands one go back to track 1 and listen again and again and again. It is full album/no filler in ways almost no one has done.

While some here (the usual suspects, want Lana to be this female or that female whom she already tops as an artiste', Lana so surpasses those (meh) artists

Either one has the smarts to listen and undertand, or one has a two second attention span, and if the person has no attention span, well, its not my fault or Lana's fault, it is that person fault, and Lana obviously is not for that person (but for one of the meh artists that the other members of the public listen to in the background like elevator music and not substance.

One need not go through song by song as all songs are words in the chapter of the 2015 book that is ever on going.

It is interesting that this year David Bowie has a box set of his Aladdin Sane years. Anyone notice Lana has more quality songs in total, than Bowie in his entire career, let alone his Aladdin Sane years...(can you hear me Major Tom, can you hear me Major Tom, can you hear me Major Tom, can you hear me Major Tom)

When Lana interpolates Major Tom from Space Oddity, well, that was the mind blowing great moment in all of music of 2015.

(and the usual suspects here, to a person have indicated they can't stand Terrence. Well, I guess Terrence doesn't love them either.

Pity life has passed them by, rendering their opinion now meaningless to anything in the future and making one wonder if they weren't part of the crew

writing those horrible comments on every single youtube, and any place there was a comments section in any article on line. Why one wastes any precious time

going on an artiste's board or articles to promote hate of that specific artiste' is unknown. Why not just go to some place where an artist (not artiste') they actually care about and groove to that.

tumblr_mjaui7qec81s6mjako1_500.gif

The album is great, but calm yourself.

If Honeymoon was indeed that great you wouldn't feel the need to make threads like these :bye:

:troll:

We wouldn't make it if people weren't posting hate posts about Honeymoon (a.k.a. the best record of 2015) :lel: .

giphy.gif

Edit: my 500th post :oprah:

giphy.gif

As for Salvatore-

seems in retrospect, knowing that Lana is an award winning Trailblazer puts Salvatore in a different mind-

Lana, confident as say Grace Kelly in Monte Carlo walking on the beach below and is LEADING the way.

With an occasional wink and smile back, while already on the next page

and all anyone else can do is follow

(so in essence Salvatore is Honeymoon's Fuck my way to the top, except instead of a negative, it is a playful positive

(Playful like the moan in Serial Killer which she allowed us to hear live)

Trailblazer so far ahead, only she knows where she is going next, and while many might think they are catching up, it is just

an illusion to how far behind they are.

Salvatore. Cool as a soft ice cream cone on the boardwalk on a day where it is 110 in the shade in a claustrophobic film noir

of the 1940s. Even Robert Mitchum couldn't catch up. But he would die trying to.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

and much love to Chuck Grant and her photography, both in the High by the Beach shoot, and the entire concept of the album. Elizabeth  on the bus, being photographed as Elizabeth by her sister, going on a tour of the stars (or her mind) as she is about to travel and pass the house of Lana Del Rey in a chapter in the life, where one has to listen to this chapter, to have any understanding of a past chapter and a future chapter in the continuing story of Lana Del Rey, which has a long, long way to go

(making her Trailblazer award statement at the end of 2015 so damn important- that she is only realizing the scope of Lana Del Rey, showing she is no where in any way (the haters indicated wrongly as always) that the ride was ending, it has so many more chapters to come and isn't even anywhere near half over).

What a fitting award The Trailblazer Award, is for Lana to win, it transcends the ordinary awards by far.

It's creepy how much you obsess over Lana. I hope Lana never comes here and sees your posts, she's had to deal with obsessive fans too much as it is

interesting kristinaj- you ad-hominem me, yet posters with 3x the number of posts lay hate on Lana in just about every single post they make and that doesn't bother you.

Obsessive is haters going on someones boards time and again, or in comment sections to lay negativity on Lana down.

This is incorrect because 1970-1980 was the Bowie era

If Honeymoon was indeed that great you wouldn't feel the need to make threads like these :bye:

:troll:

If you weren't that pressed you wouldn't feel the need to post in this thread gQONDS2.gif

i'ts good, not great.

it is so frustrating that people have different opinions?

It is, at least to you, if you're pointing this out to people with different opinion than yours. We're not saying "you have to love it", this is just a cute thread to express why we enjoy it. Not stating our opinions as facts or forcing anyone to share them.

I think Honeymoon, will be remembered in her catalogue as a great album as the years go on in Lanas career. Because, it has a sense of nostalgia in it and I think it'll become more appreciated over the years even by the people who don't like it right now. That's just my opinion on it.