Trash Magic

Dua Lipa

On 5/3/2024 at 8:12 AM, Mer said:

you do see the irony in your post or :air:

you don't see me out here calling them out :tanisha:

pass me my vape.

In her defense, she wasn't really THAT big outside of FN was she?

Her first album wasn't some huge US success [she was bigger in Europe i think], i think this is essentially her impact outside of FN and the flash in the pan success she had with that album world wide. Should RO be higher in it's first week based off the popularity from FN, probably, but i think debuting at #4 with 60k sales seems about in line for someone like Dua. 

I really only knew her from 2 hit singles before FN. Rules and....some Elton John duet thing. I dunno. 

2 hours ago, Coney Island King said:

Her first album wasn't some huge US success [she was bigger in Europe i think], i think this is essentially her impact outside of FN and the flash in the pan success she had with that album world wide. Should RO be higher in it's first week based off the popularity from FN, probably, but i think debuting at #4 with 60k sales seems about in line for someone like Dua. 

I really only knew her from 2 hit singles before FN. Rules and....some Elton John duet thing. I dunno. 

she was MASSIVE in Europe with her first album tho. which this album isn’t… haven’t heard/seen anyone really talk about it and definitely not in the radio’s

2 hours ago, Coney Island King said:

New Rules/IDGAF/One Kiss/Cold Heart/Dance The Night were all pretty big here, sweetest pie got tons of airplay as well, and obviously FN was a hit and a half

so multiple debut singles smashing, collabs, droplet singles, a huge tour accompanying a massively successful album with tons of hits…. i was hoping for much better this time around but alas, not only did she go in a different direction with the music this time around, but the promo for the actual album fell pretty flat  

On 5/7/2024 at 8:32 PM, details said:

BOYS WILL BE BOYS DEMO LEAKED :trisha: REJOICE LIPASTERS IT'S A CELEBRATION

Is it the one on that site titled dark pop demo?

If so, that's a HIT :hype2:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

13 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

Is it the one on that site titled dark pop demo?

If so, that's a HIT :hype2:

idk what it's called on dbree but it's more known as disco demo, it's probably the one you've heard tho lol

1 hour ago, brandon said:

New Rules/IDGAF/One Kiss/Cold Heart/Dance The Night were all pretty big here, sweetest pie got tons of airplay as well, and obviously FN was a hit and a half

so multiple debut singles smashing, collabs, droplet singles, a huge tour accompanying a massively successful album with tons of hits…. i was hoping for much better this time around but alas, not only did she go in a different direction with the music this time around, but the promo for the actual album fell pretty flat  

Oh ok, so i guess RO is a flop then. Nevermind :adele: 

5 hours ago, Coney Island King said:

Oh ok, so i guess RO is a flop then. Nevermind :adele: 

It deserves exactly what it got: mixed reviews and two hit singles (Training Season, Houdini), neither of which were as big as FN singles.

The album will be forgotten 2 weeks from now, and Dula Peep needs to work harder on her next record. Also, her fashion choices (Met Gala) need a major rethink too.

I unfollowed her on Insta. Feels like she's winged this entire era. Not falling for it.

Ooh, na-na-na

Tell me whatcha doin' to me

Ooh, na-na-na

Tell me whatcha doin' to me

Ooh, na-na-na

o0lkRp2.gif

If control is my religion

Then I'm headin' for collision
Lost my 20-20 vision, please

(Tell me whatcha doin' to me)

NjEcOFV.gif

ok, i can't stand this person anymore, he's everywhere!
dua lipa fans, arrest this MADMAN soon, please... 

Spoiler

Captura-de-tela-2024-05-11-225248

Spoiler

Captura-de-tela-2024-05-11-225443

Spoiler

Captura-de-tela-2024-05-11-225229

Spoiler

Captura-de-tela-2024-05-11-225548

Spoiler

Captura-de-tela-2024-05-11-230500

Music Video Butterfly GIF by Beats4LA

𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐲, 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 

On 5/8/2024 at 5:16 PM, Coney Island King said:

what @brandon said. Blow Your Mind was starting to get radio play but very shortly after New Rules blew up and pushed BYM to the side. The New Rules/IDGAF/One Kiss/FN era/Cold Heart run was inescapable. Even Swan Song got radio play (and that song was the mark of the end of the DL1 era and there was a moment of inactivity before Don’t Start Now dropped later in 2019). 

At least here in the U.S., Dance The Night for sure overshadowed Houdini, because even after Houdini was released, I only heard Dance the Night being played or acknowledged.
//

They dropped the bomb with this whole record big time. You had Kevin Parker and made something more generic that what Max Martin could’ve come up with. What a disappointment. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

Deserved.

:rock:

yup!!

so much for ‘she flopped‘ … 🤡

Global Album Charts: #3, behind TS and AG

Edited by Darlin

On 5/11/2024 at 11:05 PM, TheDragonslayer said:

ok, i can't stand this person anymore, he's everywhere!
dua lipa fans, arrest this MADMAN soon, please... 

Hide contents

Captura-de-tela-2024-05-11-225248

Hide contents

Captura-de-tela-2024-05-11-225443

Hide contents

Captura-de-tela-2024-05-11-225229

Hide contents

Captura-de-tela-2024-05-11-225548

Hide contents

Captura-de-tela-2024-05-11-230500

that's what happens when u sniff too much poppers :toofloppy: imagine having nothing else to do with ur life and spam a host website asking for songs that doesn't belong to u like? get help or sum..