LDRO

Instagram Updates

as i've said one thought out comment would have been enough but sis is israel-gating this again or even worse

one the horders betters leak dwuw video tonight so we get some distraction from this

anyway i'm signing off  xx

i76mrxw.png 

its also weird she distinguishes,  and  specifically calls out 'female' writers and alt singers - why?  there are plenty of male critics who've done the same/worse to her

tbh it's her pop feminist notion that most of the problem is women tearing down women, that's why :toofunny:

rihKQ8M.gif

i think she specifically is referencing the female writer that suggested she was abused as a child and "alt singer" is kim gordon, who said her feminism is being bang raped by bikers and she should off herself and some other things in her memoir.

i totally get that, i just mean - countless male critics expressed similar things, or worse.  why she's still held up and pointing this message specifically at the FEMALE writers .. is so weird? 

ohhhhhhh jfc

she shouldn't have gone there

i'm sure twitter dug up the ride video like 10 minutes ago

i just realized

No Doubt made a music video in 2012 for their song Looking Hot that got taken down due to backlash of cultural appropriation of Native Americans, yet the Ride mv came out the same year (obv the headdress was only shown for a few moments in comparison) never got the same backlash as ND (as far as I know of)

negAbhB.png

Okay I didn't see the first picture that she posted before the album announcment. 

I am HERE for what she is saying and I am so happy she is taking back her voice (or finally demanding that she even has one). THIS is what I wanted to see. It makes me happy that she isn't ashamed or dissapointed in her past work and past inspiration for writing- despite others pretending it doesn't exist, just so they can more highly praise her newer music. She's owning her past, and I am so haunted by what she said: "the kind of woman who says no but men hear yes". That almost made we want to cry and scream. This is what I'm going to show someone when they dismiss Lana as a powerful influential singer and a strong woman just because she chooses to sing about her own true experiences which have constantly evolved. 

i totally get that, i just mean - countless male critics expressed similar things, or worse.  why she's still held up and pointing this message specifically at the FEMALE writers .. is so weird? 

I think its because when it comes to the feminism criticism its mostly coming from women, i mean i dont think most men would care to comment on her relationship with feminism lol and I think its possible she doesnt feel accepted by women generally speaking 

shes a cancer shes already made this clear PERIODT.

Cancers are known to be misunderstood and emotionally crazy  :diva:

That was her gemini self talking don't let her fool you...

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

i just realized

No Doubt made a music video in 2012 for their song Looking Hot that got taken down due to backlash of cultural appropriation of Native Americans, yet the Ride mv came out the same year (obv the headdress was only shown for a few moments in comparison) never got the same backlash as ND (as far as I know of)

well, it is semi-public knowledge that lana has done a lot of volunteer work in the past (and didn't she come on record saying the headdress was a gift to her from back then) - meanwhile, gwen stefani has been the queen of cultural appropriation since 2004 lmao

they'd easily give ND a much harder time for that reason alone

rihKQ8M.gif

I think its because when it comes to the feminism criticism its mostly coming from women, i mean i dont think most men would care to comment on her relationship with feminism lol and I think its possible she doesnt feel accepted by women generally speaking 

edit:::: sorry i think i misunderstood what u were saying!!!

Thank God she replied. Can the social justice warriors stop now coming at her???(Racism is a very serious matter and we should fight it but we should not focus energy on things that are not there like the post) We knew all along that she did not mention them out of thin air. God i hope she is doing ok cause the shitstorm was crazy. Her addressing the Karen comments has me dying.

-Homeland of the Gods-

in fairness i think they've commented on her character the most viciously. to say she was abused (which obviously struck a nerve for her) and then kim gordon....like i re-read one of the articles about it today and i don't know why no one told kim that was NOT okay what she wrote. telling lana to kill herself, saying she can't have a place in feminism and that she thinks feminism is her right to be raped...like JESUS what the fuck.