LDRO

Instagram Updates

I am so sure she is mostly talking about Kim Gordon.

"The extract read: “Today we have someone like Lana Del Rey, who doesn’t even know what feminism is, who believes women can do whatever they want, which, in her world, tilts toward self-destruction, whether it’s sleeping with gross old men or getting gang raped by bikers. Equal pay and equal rights would be nice. Naturally, it’s just a persona. If she really truly believes it’s beautiful when young musicians go out on a hot flame of drugs and depression, why doesn’t she just off herself?”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nme.com/news/music/kim-gordon-3-1206795%3famp

wow that's brutal ... imagine being a "journalist" and ending your article with suggesting suicide.......

Lana expressing her true self is a once in a lifetime performance and everybody wants to watch it  :diva:

Maybe I'm too old to be on here, so I can see what's really happening on a deeper level when everyone else is arguing about semantics... 

but I feel like she has never found her real identity and self worth, and thus, through art, as therapy, begain singing about all of her trauma... it got her famous! 

She didn't even have a chance to absorb anything because overnight life was changed. And it's been nonstop ever since. And it seems that now, she has based her identity and self worth, her inherent value, in her art. But she is not her art. Her art is from her, but it is not wholly her.  

I say this because in her post, some things were concerning to me. When she said, "I don't know, my muse hasn't left me yet..." she sounded serious. Like that was a worry, a concern, and that all the praise she gets— "you're a genius!" 24/7 has become a pedestal that she needs to stay on for survival. It's pressure and torture. And she believes it, too. "I'm blessed by the gods, everyone knows it, and thus, that is who I am, that is my value on this earth" which is sad because we are all valuable, and we are born valuable, naked and unkempt. 

She needs to discover that none of this shit matters. What her peers think of her, doesn't matter. What her fans think of her doesn't matter. What her executives think, doesn't matter. When men think, doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is what she thinks of herself, and she can't do that without basing it on outside things or people for validation. 

All of this is exactly why so many, including myself, relate to her. She wasn't afraid to be "ugly" in the sense of, vulnerable in the "wrong" way. Like singing about being crazy, singing about being in love through abuse. She was being authentic, and what the hell is more inspiring than seeing someone be who they really are?

Maybe I'm too old to be on here, so I can see what's really happening on a deeper level when everyone else is arguing about semantics... 

but I feel like she has never found her real identity and self worth, and thus, through art, as therapy, begain singing about all of her trauma... it got her famous! 

She didn't even have a chance to absorb anything because overnight life was changed. And it's been nonstop ever since. And it seems that now, she has based her identity and self worth, her inherent value, in her art. But she is not her art. Her art is from her, but it is not wholly her.  

I say this because in her post, some things were concerning to me. When she said, "I don't know, my muse hasn't left me yet..." she sounded serious. Like that was a worry, a concern, and that all the praise she gets— "you're a genius!" 24/7 has become a pedestal that she needs to stay on for survival. It's pressure and torture. And she believes it, too. "I'm blessed by the gods, everyone knows it, and thus, that is who I am, that is my value on this earth" which is sad because we are all valuable, and we are born valuable, naked and unkempt. 

She needs to discover that none of this shit matters. What her peers think of her, doesn't matter. What her fans think of her doesn't matter. What her executives think, doesn't matter. When men think, doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is what she thinks of herself, and she can't do that without basing it on outside things or people for validation. 

All of this is exactly why so many, including myself, relate to her. She wasn't afraid to be "ugly" in the sense of, vulnerable in the "wrong" way. Like singing about being crazy, singing about being in love through abuse. She was being authentic, and what the hell is more inspiring than seeing someone be who they really are?

Physical age has nothing to do with mental age or wisdom. Whenever someone older tries to use that in an argument its very telling and reflective of their mind. I don't believe this is anyone's place to comment on. I believe its something between God and the person. If you dont believe in God its just for the person alone. Reputation is what people know of us, Character is what God knows of us. There are sides to her, thoughts of her, life events of hers and so much more that we have no knowledge of. Nobody can make an accurate claim as to what her identity is and her relationship with such. We only see so much of her life... she only shares so much..... that's not enough to comment on it. I'm not a God and so my opinion on something like this would be worthless. Not my place to be policing something so private. Voicing mere thoughts aren't a true reflection of someones character or soul anyway. We all have loads of different thoughts, saying them out loud doesn't mean anything.

Physical age has nothing to do with mental age or wisdom. Whenever someone older tries to use that in an argument its very telling and reflective of their mind. I don't believe this is anyone's place to comment on. I believe its something between God and the person. If you dont believe in God its just for the person alone. Reputation is what people know of us, Character is what God knows of us. There are sides to her, thoughts of her, life events of hers and so much more that we have no knowledge of. Nobody can make an accurate claim as to what her identity is and her relationship with such. We only see so much of her life... she only shares so much..... that's not enough to comment on it. I'm not a God and so my opinion on something like this would be worthless. Not my place to be policing something so private. Voicing mere thoughts aren't a true reflection of someones character or soul anyway. We all have loads of different thoughts, saying them out loud doesn't mean anything.

God's dead

I have seen singer Grace Carter (a woc) liking all her posts, Haley Bonar. Jack Antonoff, Zella Day 

but yeah I wonder if people have talked to her personally 

Can someone please screencap and post these messages?

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

not to be the one beating a dead horse this time, but i just spent about an hour reading ONTD, LSA & twitter comments (yeah i played myself, but i was bored) & damn, the schadenfreude is palpable and the hatred truly disproportionate. not to say a lot of the criticism isn't legitimate, but the whole thing has veered into an excuse to tear an already previously disliked woman down. i hope that video really is the last we'll hear of this whole drama for a good while, because she's only made things worse with each new post. i also hope she's staying tf out of the internet for her own mental health's sake; i'm sure there'll be a time to learn from all of this, but that time sure as hell isn't right now.

not to be the one beating a dead horse this time, but i just spent about an hour reading ONTD, LSA & twitter comments (yeah i played myself, but i was bored) & damn, the schadenfreude is palpable and the hatred truly disproportionate. not to say a lot of the criticism isn't legitimate, but the whole thing has veered into an excuse to tear an already previously disliked woman down. i hope that video really is the last we'll hear of this whole drama for a good while, because she's only made things worse with each new post. i also hope she's staying tf out of the internet for her own mental health's sake; i'm sure there'll be a time to learn from all of this, but that time sure as hell isn't right now.

this, but i don't know how likely it is that lana will ever absorb the legitimate criticism that was given

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

I'm not saying that anyone is obligated to comment, but it's an interesting observation that barely any other artists or friends have been supportive of Lanz's posts. The exceptions I have seen are Cat Power, Courtney, and Weyes Blood. Maybe she's getting support privately, but it really didn't sound like it in that video.

Man this is pretty cowardly though, like if I were Lana being slated everywhere online and my friends didn't publicly show their support, I'd be pretty pissed and tell them not to bother. That's just me tho :lel:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

this, but i don't know how likely it is that lana will ever absorb the legitimate criticism that was given

Yeah there was nothing in that video that indicated she had taken any of the constructive criticism on board. Quite the opposite - as someone pointed out, it was almost as if she name dropped Twigs out of spite ... 

Let me be clear: I don't think she deserves all the hate she's getting, but I also think that this just proves that the good sis can't take criticism - even if it's constructive, which some of it is. She seems to view any and all criticism as blanket hate.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Yeah there was nothing in that video that indicated she had taken any of the constructive criticism on board. Quite the opposite - as someone pointed out, it was almost as if she name dropped Twigs out of spite ... 

I mean, I agree that she should've taken some of the constructive criticism, emphasis on constructive. But I don't hold it against her. There was more hatred than constructive critics. People mostly bashed her.

And some might have made some constructive critic but also twisting her words at the same time and that's like saying "I ain't homophobic but" and everything that comes after that it's bullshit and shit's on whatever was said before it.

0PDPa2E.gif

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

I mean, I agree that she should've taken some of the constructive criticism, emphasis on constructive. But I don't hold it against her. There was more hatred than constructive critics. People mostly bashed her.

And some might have made some constructive critic but also twisting her words at the same time and that's like saying "I ain't homophobic but" and everything that comes after that it's bullshit and shit's on whatever was said before it.

0PDPa2E.gif

Yes, but it's clear that she's aware of the underlying sentiment which was that name dropping WOC in the context she did was problematic. Instead of examining why people might think that, she's just dismissed all of it because she had "good intentions". Well guess what, Lanz ... the road to hell is paved with those. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

lana is confident - almost arrogant - enough about her art that she can't take any sort of criticism that isn't lavish praise & immediately interprets any as unjustified hate. now, to be clear, i think that sort of blind confidence in your vision is an extremely positive trait for any artist to have: you express what you want, how you want to, in your own terms alone & damn everyone else. the problem or contradiction with her is that she still very much craves approval and mainstream success, so despite all that confidence in her own voice there's still a lot of underlying insecurity. 

if she doesn't want to be tormented all her life, she needs to pick one: either she goes the lou reed route of openly hating critics & believing they serve no purpose whatsoever in art other than gatekeeping and/or spoon-feeding to the masses, so she just ignores and laughs at positive and negative reviews both, OR she has to accept that if she wants to play the music industry game she'll always get love, hate & everything in between bc different people will *always* interpret the same things differently, whether that be your music, your poetry, or yourself as a person/persona. 

this applies to how she receives music criticism rather than criticism on her present tone deafness, but imo this is the underlying issue & applies here too. re: this situation, she can choose to be the messy artist that says whatever the hell she wants, fucks up publicly & doesn't care about the consequences à la courtney love & yes, azealia banks, OR she can choose to have the humility to stfu, listen & apologize (either sincerely or not, bc sincerity is frankly beside the point in this game) but again, she needs to pick one bc she can't have it both ways.

Damn I never knew anyone here was on ONTD, except for an old friend of mine. That's where I first found out about Lanz bc someone uploaded the leaked BTD video lol. But they've always hated her there honestly.