Cashew

Poppy

Also Bubblebath is so overrated on here, it has some cute songs but she has way better songs like Interweb, BBB, SU, Time Is Up etc.. Money is one of her best though!

I think it's a matter of personal taste if something's overrated or not. My favourite song of her's is "Everybody wants to be Poppy", followed by a lot of her early cover versions when she still was Moriah/That Poppy. I'm not really into the kind of plastic pop she's making now although "Time is up" and "Interweb" are cute pop songs.

I think it's a matter of personal taste if something's overrated or not. My favourite song of her's is "Everybody wants to be Poppy", followed by a lot of her early cover versions when she still was Moriah/That Poppy. I'm not really into the kind of plastic pop she's making now although "Time is up" and "Interweb" are cute pop songs.

Of course! Personally I like the Bubblebath stuff but I feel like production-wise she really evolved after that.

Is it that hard to separate an artist’s music from the actual artist and their wrongdoings? Like, the fact that she is an “abuse enabler” shouldn’t make it so that one can’t speak their opinion about a certain song or whatever without being bombarded by hate because of it

It's only my dark city, only my new man...

Is it that hard to separate an artist’s music from the actual artist and their wrongdoings? Like, the fact that she is an “abuse enabler” shouldn’t make it so that one can’t speak their opinion about a certain song or whatever without being bombarded by hate because of it

Personally i don't think people that "separate the art from the artist" actually do that. Like it's okay to enjoy her music to a certain point, but if they like start calling her a legend, queen or whatever is where i draw the line because she just isn't any of those.

:)

y'all still talking about this drama and wondering why people still post in here/stan her as if the felony martinez, azalea or luke's puppet kim petras threads aren't in the recent topics section every other day. Like we even have people who openly stan trump on here.

this is a really good point. there’s nothing wrong with discussing / explaining your differences but there’s no reason to continually bombard somebody with ur opinion in a forceful way

regardless of your all caps post, at the end of the day they’re gonna like who they like & continue to support that music if they want. I’m not even really a fan of Poppy anymore other than 1 song but just let people enjoy things ok? Can we not have heated arguments & instead just keep discussion civil plz :rip:

14417469274.gif

Personally i don't think people that "separate the art from the artist" actually do that. Like it's okay to enjoy her music to a certain point, but if they like start calling her a legend, queen or whatever is where i draw the line because she just isn't any of those.

...every stan is calling their fave a "queen" and a "legend"

...every stan is calling their fave a "queen" and a "legend"

...Yes but in this case Poppy isnt any of those! The real legend is Mars Argo xx

shut up if you wasn’t a fan of mars you probably wouldn’t even care if poppy worked with abusers or not.

I mean obviously, the only people that care about it are fans of either Poppy or Mars?

??? Does being a fan of someone make it invalid to dislike someone who abused them and those who openly defend that person ???

People, including some who don't even like Kesha, still called out Kim Petras night and day for working with Dr. Luke.

Abusers are abusers and it's something that should be spoken about regardless of the circumstances.

no, i mean that he's in this thread attacking people and stuff just cause he likes margo. otherwise, he wouldn't care less if people liked her even if she still worked with abusers. anyways whatever, we get your point of view, now just shut up. don't support poppy, don't stream her music, do whatever you want, but leave alone the ones who decide to still listen to her music or watch her videos. it's that simple. (and i don't even stan poppy)

no, i mean that he's in this thread attacking people and stuff just cause he likes margo. otherwise, he wouldn't care less if people liked her even if she still worked with abusers. anyways whatever, we get your point of view, now just shut up. don't support poppy, don't stream her music, do whatever you want, but leave alone the ones who decide to still listen to her music or watch her videos. it's that simple. (and i don't even stan poppy)

I feel like abusers just dont deserve the positive attention!

I'm trying to distance myself from Poppy bc of the crazy shit that we found out but I gotta say Time Is Up is a great song.

It's not only political, talking about the state of the world and lyrically it goes with Poppy being an android, it has kind of a sci-fi retro vibe - really cool production too. This song feel like a huge leap from her past music. I know this is a reach but oml imagine a sci-fi political pop record that actually is meaningful and gets heads turning....

I was thinking about how the title could be a reference to the times up movement, the first verse actually can be interpreted as waking up from being assaulted "dizzy from the programming, have I been wiped again? Oh my god I don't even know" which ties into that. Idk just a thought! Also the song could also be taken as a dig at Mars Argo (baby your time's up) still being relatively unknown & how the attention from all that drama has only helped to make Poppy even more well known.

Honestly I feel kinda bad for liking it but it's a good song, I didn't think she was capable of serving bops

Edit: also the visuals are really good - the social commentary on AI & the red-wash scenes of people taking the blue pill. They've upped their game I'm tellin ya, but I suppose they'd need to after how mad they messed their reputations

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

the fact that some of you can't understand why an ABUSER would be getting some negative attention literally baffles me... you can like Poppy if you want, but don't be upset when other people don't. she brought it on herself by working with an abuser. same goes for Kim Petras, Felony Martinez, and all the others.

i don't really listen to her much anymore, Bubblegum EP is still her best, poppy.computer had 2 good songs that got old after 3 listens, and i'm not really a fan of her new stuff. also Time Is Up has terrible lyrics idk why everyone says it's amazing

9ISvyf0.gif

i don't really listen to her much anymore, Bubblegum EP is still her best, poppy.computer had 2 good songs that got old after 3 listens, and i'm not really a fan of her new stuff. also Time Is Up has terrible lyrics idk why everyone says it's amazing

Omg right, I find Time Is Up absolutely horrible ugh. The vocals absolutely threw me off and I just can’t like it because of that. Also Poppy.Computer is one of my faves, but Bubblegum is still a classic

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

Y’all dragging Poppy for being an abuse enabler while stanning Kim Petrash who literally gives money to a rapist + victim blamed Kesha is pretty stupid lmao

Y’all dragging Poppy for being an abuse enabler while stanning Kim Petrash who literally gives money to a rapist + victim blamed Kesha is pretty stupid lmao

Literally who said that?