Sitar

Best LDR Musical Moment

I feel like this could well be the longest reply I have ever written because there are so many Lana things I love in so many of her songs.

- I love pretty much every single lyrics in 'Pawn Shop Blues', but especially the line; In the name of higher consciousness, I let the best man I knew go. It's my favourite song, the tone and the lyrics just match so well, and I must have listened to it a thousand times when I broke up with my boyfriend. 

- I love the way she sings 'Think I'll miss you forever' is Summertime Sadness

- The little laugh in Motel 6 when she says 'Baby you can buy me Diet Mountain Dew and we'll get right down to it, me and you'

- The beginning of Dark Paradise; All my friends tell me I should move on, I'm lying in the ocean singing your song.

Body Electric gives me shivers. I don't know what about it does, but it just does.

- For K makes me want to cry. It's beautiful and sad and I can't control my emotions when I listen to it. Especially the lyrics 'Is this what you wished? Did you wanna die?'

- The lyrics I know I wanted all this in the beginning, I really tried, I know I caught you at a not so happy time of your life in Junky Pride.

- The 'ray-ray's' in Raise Me Up, especially those at the end. 

- The feel of 'Trash Magic'. I don't know how else to explain it. Just the quiet, haunting, simplicity of it. 

- Video Games. It took me quite a long time to like this song, but now I adore it. I love her ability to turn the simple action of playing video games with someone you love into a song.

- Yayo. That song just defeats me. Hello heaven, you are a tunnel lined with yellow lights on a dark night. 

tumblr_mjifpjZBSu1rr0bkio2_500.png

so many  :defeated:

- Brite Lites 'The films fading look at me' part  :legend:

- The strings at the beginning of BTD. Heavenly.  :gclap:

- Strings at the beginning of Lolita (BTD)  :rip:

- Radio, when the chorus kicks in.  :bop:

- All of Body Electric.  :excited:

- Never Let Me Go is just all round beautiful.  :bitchfight:

- When she starts yelling in Noir. Gives me a what the fuck moment of joy.  :derpna2:

-The intro to Ghetto Baby. 

- Pushing up my uhhhh in your face.  :sluttybunny:

too many  :icant:

tumblr_mucs0g8rNl1skf1lro1_250.gif

the moan at 3:27 of serial killer  :bodyisready:

and when you can hear the smile in her voice like in:

"singing in the garden" in the chorus of off to the races. 

"honey put on that party dress" in american

and of course in video games the "if somebody is loving you" is breathtaking

body electric live at itunes festival is perfect

AND "execssive buying" in national anthem she sounds so gangster

AND I ALMOST FORGOT when she does million dollar man live when she adds in "for the very last time, i'm fine"... so powerful 

tumblr_mg7j6rudk51qmosg3o1_500.gif

So in Motel 6, the studio version, that little "to Jersey with love" is something I've grown really fond of. It sounds like she's singing it with a really cute smile on her face before she moves into the sultry chorus.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

I've recently started to shiver whilst listening to Smarty when she sings the part: "Keep out the stars, turn out the lights, this little world is yours tonight" at ~2:05 :legend:

EQFO7rX.png

I just want to say that i'm a really big fan of people mentioning the exact time in the song they're referring to in these posts because then i can go directly to the spot and hear what they're writing about  :deadbanana:

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

In Body Electric, how she sings: "We got crazy every friday night" just touches me always.

And also, where she sings: "Mary's swayin’ softly, to her heart's delight."

And how she yells delight is my top Lana moment ever, like in everything  she ever created, that 2 seconds just slays me so damn hard. Too beautiful. :crying:

In Body Electric, how she sings: "We got crazy every friday night" just touches me always.

And also, where she sings: "Mary's swayin’ softly, to her heart's delight."

And how she yells delight is my top Lana moment ever, like in everything  she ever created, that 2 seconds just slays me so damn hard. Too beautiful. :crying:

You must be a big "Body Electric" fan. :brows:

Hmm I have many moments where I get the shivers and that's mostly because from the production elements of Emile Haynie who many dislike because there is everywhere on BTD

So here we go:

Born To Die - Everytime I hear these loon effects I get the feeling I listen to God's music I get the shivers really and towards the end where you can listel Lana sing why, who me? but you must listen carefully or else...

Off To The Races - Light of my life, fire off my loins;)

Blue Jeans - The bridge...I mean it's totally atmospheric and full of tension

Diet Mountain Dew - After the bridge...Baby stopping at seven eleven and that violin afterwards is so so

National Anthem - The bridge definitely...When she says dark and lonely and that woman scream heard randomly

Dark Paradise - This whole song with Lana's voice, Rick James "sayyy" sample and the loon effects is otherwordly

Radio - Not even them can stop me now...I love the fade out samples heard "so so so" it's the same Rick James sample

Summertime Sadness - I get crazy when I listen to the second verse. I really get my moment when she sings the final chorus and I think about the scenes of the video

This Is What Makes Us Girls -  I really love the women screaming in the background. It becomes haunting I don't know if I ever gave any notice to this song if I was not so curious about these voices

Lucky Ones - This is my most favorite song ballad from Lana. It's really like it comes from paradise. Everything, the lyrics the effects heard in Born to Die and the melody. I love it.

Ride - Intro outro music and lyrics....And the fucking crazy moment ;)

American - Spin me round like a chiiiiild :bodyisready:

Cola - God I love the moment where she says decorate my neck. I really think I could turn straight for her id she said that to me.

Body Electric - The drop it like it's hot moment

Gods And Monsters - I really like the production placement on this one-of-her-best-songs-ever. From the Rick James shout sample heard thouroughly even though some of you don't notice, to the loon effects on the chorus this song gives me an eerie creepy feeling, it's like I hear music from some fucked up madhouse I think it's one of the best BTD productions.

Yayo - I fuck...ing prefer this version because it has that BTD eerie and haunting feeling with the loon effects and Lana's soft voice. I know many like the old Yayo but I really prefer this one

Bel Air - Ah Bel Air, the sweetest and most gothic song of Lana. Nostalgic with the kids voices on the background it makes me crave for my youth who else agrees ? :)

**revives classic thread**

In Queen of the Gas station acoustic demo, the again's starting from 2:20 and then the laughter at about 2:45. I forget how much I love this demo.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

**revives classic thread**

In Queen of the Gas station acoustic demo, the again's starting from 2:20 and then the laughter at about 2:45. I forget how much I love this demo.

Oh, absolutely! :flutter:

If I were laptop editing myself and I giggled, I'd be like "oops, fucked up" and delete it. This woman throws it on in.

So many, but here are a few of my highlights...

Oh Say Can You See - "The voice of Nirvana says, Come as you are" she sounds like an angel, but it annoys me the way she says "and I will" right after!

Never Let Me Go - The intro, especially the really faint humming in the background. 

Brite Lites - the whole "The film is fading, look at me" part

Cola - The high note  :yesnod:

Gangsta Boy -  Boopboopwhoopdeeydoo, Ow!

National Anthem - I can't get over how she sang the last line of the final chorus when I saw her on Friday, she was just so close and it was magical!  :defeated:

tumblr_mdazxq5nAn1rvhzzjo1_500.giftumblr_mdazxq5nAn1rvhzzjo2_500.gif

- Film's fading/ look at me from Brite Lites

- Choose your last words/this is the last time from Born To Die

- The ooooh/ I need your love bits in Hundred Dollar Bill

- The second time she sings the chorus in Million Dollar Man, especially the I LOVE YOU HOOOOONEEEEEEEEEY. God, that's good.

- Oh, see, what you've done now/Oh, me, just what I'm talking about from Raise Me Up, along with the instrumentals preceding it.  :smokes2:

- The bridge in Blue Jeans.

And many many more but this is what I got for now :hooker:

Oh Say Can You See - "The voice of Nirvana says, Come as you are" she sounds like an angel, but and it annoys astounds me the perfect way she says "and I will" right after!

Fify :)

in on our way omfg

after the last chorus in the song, she just keeps singing 'were on our way, were on our wa-a-a-ay'

that always gets me

it sounds so emotional and feels so depressingly beautiful

idk how to describe it but she sings with this kind of pain in her voice and i feel like it hints at that desperation she had to run away on a roadtrip forever with her man, but is bittersweet because the love ended

idk i sound stupid but so many feels in that part

makes me want to cry

:crying2:

tumblr_mnotclIc9L1s7mwiio4_500.gif

Born to Die: The strings just put a chill in my spine I love it.

Blue Jeans: The bridge :flutter: 

Carmen: Everything about this song imo is her best lyrical performance

National Anthem: "Dark & Lonely I need somebody to hold me" It is so melancholic and speaks to me.

Off to The Races: "Every inch of my tall black soul" (love that lyric)

Summertime Sad-a-ness: The old western in the background is amazing it works perfectly with the song.

This is what makes us girls: The whole song is perfect

Video Games: "Heaven is a place on earth with you"

Dark Paradise: oooooohh waaaaaahhhh ahhhhhhhh that's how I sing it everytime because I love it and the lyrics are good idc

Lolita: the BRIDGE

Ride: The strings the chorus the everything

Gods & Monsters: I fricking love this song and I love her voice in it and "if I get a little prettier can I be your baby" is so :flutter:

Cola: Amazing <3

Yayo: Black Motorcyyyycleeeeee part 

Young & Beautiful: Flawless

god knows I tried