PARADIXO

Post-BTD singles that could have been hits

tumblr_nt17w7mGVT1r9ih9zo2_540.gif

Lana Del Rey killing her career in 2014.

ย 

So, we all know Lana's last true hit was "Summertime Sadness" from her cult record Born to Die... three years ago. After that, she absolutely gave up on promotion, TV interviews, live-streamed shows and even singles (realistically, she released only two real singles in the past two years).

ย 

What post-Born to Die singles/album tracks do you think had chances to become moderate/big hits? Did she become slower and less commercial, hence the lack of success on radio/streaming?

ย 

In my opinion, "High By the Beach" could have been a huge hit. It just needed a little promo, some radio deal and it should've been released earlier. Also, "West Coast" was incredibly acclaimed, it could have been her "Let It Happen" or "Do I Wanna Know?".

Ultraviolence doesn't have hit potential the studio production sounds whack.ย 

she needs another soundtrack song that's gonna be the main title of some big movie (like gatsby) and promote that song, that's way easier than to make a leadsingle a hit since the movie will also draw attention to the song.

ย 

hbtb could have been some kind of a summer bop but they kinda messed up the release and didn't promote it at all (no the bus thing in la doesn't count).

ย 

brooklyn baby in a shorter radio edit with more upbeat verses could have been a hit, but she needs to promote her stuff. the west coast and dark paradise radio mixes both had potential (to become hits) but were completely neglected by her.ย 

ย i76mrxw.pngย 

UV (song) could have gone viral for like a month with a controversial video. The lyrics were enough problematic to gain attention.

UV (song) could have gone viral for like a month with a controversial video. The lyrics were enough problematic to gain attention.

I wish she would have released the original video footage for Ultraviolence. I like the clips with Freak, but I think they would have been even more powerful with Ultraviolence.ย 

I remember saying that if the whole fan base requested it on iHeartRadio, High by theBeach would still be playing right now today ย on any pop/today's hits radio based on the fact that most stations now base their plays on what is popular on iHR. ย So if we can have this SNORE playing on the airwaves, so can Lana

ย 

ย 

Original version for rock and alt radios; Rick Nowels version for pop/WW radio. Both versions for digital download/streaming.

A few TV performances featuring Dan Auerbach.

And boom, you get the biggest rock hit of the year :defeated:

Florida Kilos should have been released as a single tbh! It had potential to be a hit. Also I'm pressed that Shades of Cool wasn't a hit, it's a bop, and I loved going in target, and seeing the video always playing in the CD section.ย  :toofunny:

SizzlingThornyIndigobunting-size_restric

Saying UV could have been a hit is delusional ... And Freak's not even a single it just got a video.

ย 

Brooklyn Baby could have scored if it was released as a single (with a radio cut), HBTB could have done better if it would have been promoted better and maybe MTWBT could have at least been successfull on smaller/alternative radios

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!