Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

Guys I kinda had like a "vision" about what the video could be like. It could be really upbeat song, and her and James are like driving in a car, on a desert road, going like really fast, and Lana is standing up in the car (Kinda like the Teenage Dream video), and then it could cut to some shots of like the "vintage kids" at their party, with their "vintage music", and then it could have some beach shots of like Lana & James observing the vintage kids while they skateboard and stuff. I'm so excited because I picture it as an upbeat/summer vibe song. I have a feeling Lana is going to pull through. :excited:

Also I think we can kinda put two and two together and believe "Vintage Kids" will be the lead single. Why else would Lana message Eclipse if he had songs that she was probably gonna scrap anyways. He obviously has something that's important to her, and the upcoming album.  :flutter:

I also think Lana is stocking up footage/videos for this era so she doesn't have to do anything, and she can disappear faster. Something tells me she's going to be successful again with this upcoming album. I feel like she's actually going to do promotion this time around. She seems really happy, and she seems to care about this album not leaking. 

you have a vivid imagination boo :thumb3:

I feel like she's actually going to do promotion this time around. 

i feel it too

i feel that their's a track that contains sexual content but we don't know i have a feeling.

PfYhgA2.jpg?1PfYhgA2.jpg?1PfYhgA2.jpg?1

I think Honeymoon is not a bad album, I actually like it and the songs on their own are all pretty nice. But the tracklist and the overall lack of diversity just drowns them out.

Honeymoon is a nice, beautiful track to start an album with a slow song because it builds up a lot of tension. MTWBT is a nice follow up but then we instantly get two slow, sad ballads. Then the album finally manages to pick up a bit of spice with HBTB/Freak/Art Deco but immediatly loses this spark again. religion and Salvatore are nice songs, but they just feel super boring within the context of the album. And then we get three beautiful, yet slow and heavy cinematic tracks which are all pretty long. And then it finishes with DLMBM, which is really sucking out all the life that may have been left in you. UV wasn't upbeat and very cohesive but it carried a lot of "fire" and never had a stale tempo/sound. HM has this very laid-back production, which is nice, but the fact that from Art Deco onwards we don't get any tempo change on the record anymore makes the whole thing sound reeeeally boring, even though the tracks on their own are really nice.

Honeymoon is a very solid Lana album but it really isn't as exciting as BtD/P/UV and the fact she's not doing promo anymore does not help.

I agree with you.  Honeymoon has the highest number of times played in my itunes than the other albums.  There is just something so magnetizing about it,  The production in this album is 100% her best yet as well. But I agree as well that by the end of religion it feels like a drag, and I always skip DLMBM lol

This song makes me emotional. :crai:

Also The Blackest Day is amazing... it's repetitive but it doesn't drag on at all. It's epic, melodramatic Lana at her cheesiest / most cinematic. It's a KILLER ballad!! Honeymoon is a gorgeous album.  :thumb2:

It truly is..especially the last few lines, I can feel the truth in them "Its not one of those phases im going trough"  "Im on my own again"

I think I understand what you feel, even though I feel different, almost opposite things to the "slowness" of the album. It's weird for me because, even though Born to Die was the album that made me fall in love with Lana back in 2012, now that he have its follow-ups, I look back and think that Born to Die is the one which lacked diversity (please, don't throw rocks at me). Like, besides Video Games, Carmen and Million Dollar Man, I feel like all the songs have similar beats. Like, you can seriously put the lyrics of Summertime Sadness, for example, in the instrumental of Dark Paradise and it fits incredibly perfect ('cause it's almost the same instrumental). The same beats all over the album seem like they just took her previous songs and gave them a style that was unique so they could make them similar to fit and build an album (which, let's be honest, is what happened). I say this looking back, but for years Born to Die was the album of my life and I thought Lana could never create something more perfect than that.

I soo agree with this but it is surprising how it hasn't aged yet considering it has never left the Billboards 200 charts since release day

I have begun to adopt this mindset - do not compare albums. They are all meant to be different and evoke different moods, so me believing Honeymoon was a slow, lethargic step back from Ultraviolence stopped me from realising it's easy-going, ethereal and hazy brilliance.

Yeah this is something that I've realized as well.  At first i did compared HM & UV since she said originally that her next project after UV was going to be an exact continuation.

Idk what to feel about the possibility of James being in the music video.  :toofloppy: If what that fan said is true, and let's say James accepted Lana's request considering he seemed to love her past music videos then, the only way I can see him fitting a LDR mv is if he cleaned up a bit and would act or look like James Dean again for the mv  :flutter:

4BZPaCg.jpg

So far I'm the things I'm the most excited about aside from the song's and music videos themselves are: the album photoshoot (I can't wait to see what her image is for this era with her look and how she dresses) and I really want to know how much promo she does for this album and how well it performs (promo isn't all I care about, I definitely would rather have better music and her being happy than good promo/sales but u know, it would be nice if she was more relevant again)

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

im just hoping for really rich and luxurious btd level music videos this era

At this point I think we all do :/ it would really help her gain the exposure she's lost but she likes being lowkey/indie imo..

She needs a click bait thumbnail. (Two girls or guys kissing) hope her team knows that.

Unless she's the one kissing another girl, no thanks. Too reminiscent of those sham VEVO accounts, so cringe!

VyIsfwC.jpg

Unless she's the one kissing another girl, no thanks. Too reminiscent of those sham VEVO accounts, so cringe!

I'll take one for the team and fill the position of the girl Lana's kissing :agree:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS