Jack

Melanie Martinez

2 minutes ago, ButterflyBones said:

Agreed, and I never said they were forced to buy it. The issue that people have is with them overcharging people(usually teenagers who will regret such expensive purchases) for random items, often of questionable quality. For some people to have paid so much to have their non-refundable items arrive broken and poorly packaged was especially messy.

It's just scraping a bit low for her, if you ask me. She could probably be making more money in better ways by doing less at this point.

You continue to use the argument that this is Melanie selling it when it’s literally her boyfriend, a photographer, selling his work……y’all are insane get a GRIP. 

of all things concerning her, y’all choose a photographer selling his photography for a price you don’t like :oprah3: at least the dragging of her doing nfts was valid 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

1 hour ago, Party Favor said:

You continue to use the argument that this is Melanie selling it when it’s literally her boyfriend, a photographer, selling his work……y’all are insane get a GRIP. 

of all things concerning her, y’all choose a photographer selling his photography for a price you don’t like :oprah3: at least the dragging of her doing nfts was valid 

I was talking about the items she was selling on Depop in my last post referring to broken shipments, not about his posters.

And his posters being overpriced are only a small part of the larger discussion in which people are dragging her HARD for being "money hungry" and arguing over whether or not all of this is a good move for her career. I'm just sharing my opinion on it. It's not that serious.

they are talking about the $5 jewelry she was selling for $700 earlier this year that arrived broken not the damn picture.

sure he is a photographer and the posters are on his own account but i don't see how anyone could believe that melanie's NFTs, jewelry and then the boyfriend listing these, his own jewelry and a $450 camera not too far apart is all separate and just a coincidence. we know it's people's own decisions to buy them but just proposing to ask your fans hundreds of dollars for all this while posting vacation pics and we know damn well she has more money than any of us has honestly felt weird. like VERY weird.

i just want an explanation. news. something!!!

The jewelry is selling much slower than the last drops, and she's getting serious criticism and harassment in the comments of each listing. I feel bad about it, but I'm also not sure what she expected from a fanbase that's at least 50% full of chronically online teenagers.

It's just not smart to start marketing $50-$700 jewelry to people in the middle of a recession, and there are plenty of better ways she could make money. The lack of transparency is the real issue, though. If she needs money, she should just say that. If she's just selling stuff for fun, she should just say that. Hardly once this year has she interacted with her fans outside of selling them some overpriced crap and disappearing.

At the end of the day, just because she can doesn't mean she should, and I don't think doing all of this at a time where her reputation is already damaged is a good move for her career. Or maybe this is just what happens when a psychic tells you you're special. Who knows.

Ok but can we talk about how Tunnel Vision literally talks about people leaking her upcoming music... she came for our neck           :gurl:

the "show me how far obssession goes, could have been more now we'll never know" gets me cuz we won't ever get them released:gurl:

$50 for the earrings is totally reasonable imo I would pay that for handmade earrings by her but the jump from that to $450-$800+ for necklaces? :awkney: and the fact a handful of people have bought them? :thumb3: I don't understand how people like her don't see the insanity in pricing stuff like that :awkney2: like gurl just rerelease that strawberry milk perfume to get the coin u need for ur next movie or something 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

This bitch doesn't really understand that all we want from her is her music, no fucking bad jewelry or cringey movies. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

I feel like it is a joke at this point. The only interaction that she had with us this past months was to sell us things (except moments when she show herself with her boyfriend). I just think that she doesn't put herself on our shoes. And I don't understand why she says nothing about what is going on with the album ? Is that a label thing or... ? Anyway, I feel like that even if we are very impatient, when she will come back, it's going to slayyy !

(PS : I'm obsess with Garden, she has to put it on the album)

by the way i'm new here :)

1 hour ago, evan said:

I feel like it is a joke at this point. The only interaction that she had with us this past months was to sell us things (except moments when she show herself with her boyfriend). I just think that she doesn't put herself on our shoes. And I don't understand why she says nothing about what is going on with the album ? Is that a label thing or... ? Anyway, I feel like that even if we are very impatient, when she will come back, it's going to slayyy !

(PS : I'm obsess with Garden, she has to put it on the album)

by the way i'm new here :)

Sometimes I think she is either sad or very angry at her fans. 

Think about it, she is working really hard on an album and most of her stuff has gotten leaked at this point. She might feel very frustrated and sees no point on keeping her fans updated when she knows a part of her fan base have already heard the stuff she recorded mere days or weeks prior. 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde