Jack

Melanie Martinez

she’s following a story with these videos/snippets it seems

first one was about cry baby being dead, second one is about being conceived and now she’s developing in the womb (?) 

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

2 minutes ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

seems like these videos are telling a story?

yesterday the sperm with the eggs

today the fetus

tomorrow?

maybe back from the dead was meant to represent cry baby's death and now we're watching her reincarnate as another creature?

it’s a bittersweet feeling because i’m excited for 13 new songs of course but the new snippets blend so well with some of my favorites from the leaks and it makes me sad that they’ll never get a proper release

im holding out for a After School type of project 

This last two snippets sound the same… Really similar to Death, Leeches or Corpse from the leaked ones… Also this snippets thing is not It 

I fear there may be few upbeat songs and I had enough midtempos and slow songs in AS and K12… 

She wasnt kidding when she said none of the leaked material is gonna be used and that makes me nervous cause some of them where really good. Justice for Dragons Blood, Garden, Barely Juice, TV and Void! I hope at least we get a deluxe this time around, she has material enough

It might be unpopular but I dont care for Sirens…

unpopular opinion Melanie is not a good lyricist at all and the only way I could possibly see her getting better is if she drops the Crybaby storyline entirely 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

3 minutes ago, taco truck said:

unpopular opinion Melanie is not a good lyricist at all and the only way I could possibly see her getting better is if she drops the Crybaby storyline entirely 

:usrs:

You're definitely out of the loop, because these new songs don't relate to the childish aesthetic at all

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:

She already has and Its not getting better…

I think It has to do with the cowritters she uses, she has good ideas But Its too stubborn to make them work

for example some of her first songs when she used to work with other songwritters Dont have much to do with Crybaby yet are better than the last ones! For example Gold Digging Love, Run, Trophy Wife, Bombs on Monday Morning, You Love I, Night Mime… the lyrics there are really good and dont follow a storyline 

10 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

:usrs:

You're definitely out of the loop, because these new songs don't relate to the childish aesthetic at all

it's not about the childish aesthetic... it's the fact the every single song is a (extremely on the nose) metaphor. The story of crybaby really isn't entertaining at all and her best songs are her love songs tbh. She needs to drop the crybaby storyline or even just having a storyling in her music at all because I think it reallyyyy limits her songwriting ability.

im convinced cry baby isnt gone shes just gonna be adapted to the new concepts

image04.gif?v=7de1b8f7

1 minute ago, heavensentslut said:

im convinced cry baby isnt gone shes just gonna be adapted to the new concepts

ya i don't know why everyone is saying crybaby is gone when the first teaser is "back from the dead" and the pic has crybaby's grave, she is obviously coming back in some way:awk:

5 minutes ago, taco truck said:

ya i don't know why everyone is saying crybaby is gone when the first teaser is "back from the dead" and the pic has crybaby's grave, she is obviously coming back in some way:awk:

Shes coming back with a different more ethereal aesthetic probably, like a fairy or some sort of witch wich is too on the nose already 

I would have liked It better if she continued with her becoming an alcoholic housewife like her mother and make It a little more mature… but I guess we are getting Leage of Legends instead

Is not that I think Its a bad concept but maybe a little too ambitious, the visuals will need lost of CGI and we all know how Melanie delivers when her budget is cut short… I fear we are in for a Sharknado kind of film :xgiggle:

since the concept isn’t as obvious as i thought it was for some people: crybaby is an empath, an immortal character. at the end of the k-12 she gets offered the chance to leave and live another life with the rest of her friends through a portal with the help of her guardian angel or stay as crybaby. she decided to die as crybaby and now the videos on her instagram are illustrating the rebirth and metamorphosis into another body (sorta, prob just mel with a different wig and some prosthetics).