Jack

Melanie Martinez

Lunchbox Friends' chorus sounds more like a suicide pact suggestion than ~rebirth~ like she said it was.

She had to say it to make it socially acceptable lol cause SJWs can't discern fiction from real life and cant seperate the two + to get reborn you need to die first

i bought a ticket for the movie, i'm not sure if i listen to it... should i listen it or wait for the movie experience? 

I think it would have more impact if you hear and see it in the movie theatre for the first time. I wish I could have that TT___TT

Nurse's Office...

girl dont even try to come for tag you're it 2.0

tho i have to say the instrumental break is stupid

i bought a ticket for the movie, i'm not sure if i listen to it... should i listen it or wait for the movie experience? 

i'd listen to it

think of it as going to the opera. you can't go and watch L'Aida without having heard the arias before because you won't be able to understand anything

when you're listening to a song for the first time it's hard to get anything out of it than a simple gist, that's why, most times, you have to give it more listens

im not saying you have to know it word by word but at least have an idea of what the songs are gonna be so you can focus more on some parts rather than have it all thrown in your face

My top three are Lunchbox Friends, Teachers' Pet, and Nurse's Office. Although it's a cohesive and respectable piece of work, I don't think it was worth delaying it two years for a movie. None of the songs are standouts like those on Cry Baby, and I don't foresee the movie being so incredible that it'll make up for it. The movie sounds (I assume they're from the scenes) in it also get annoying even after multiple listens. Overall a 6.5/10 for me. Hopefully her next album comes a lot quicker.

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

I don't think the album is bad by any means; just wasn't really worth waiting 4 years for. It would've been better if she released this in 2017 like she originally intended. It's kind of a dumb idea to release the album + film at the same time when she could've just put the album out first then start working on the film right after. I wouldn't really mind waiting for it but I guess she wanted to take her sweet ass time with everything  :facepalm:

I wish some of the song lyrics weren’t so on the nose. It was to be expected judging by the titles but damn.. With Crybaby she did a good job at having the baby metaphores but having the lyrics not be so direct and on the nose. K-12 isn’t a bad album though. The direct references are just.. ehh. It’ll make sense with the movie but I wish we could also seperate the album from the movie.

qfrWuBl.png

I wish some of the song lyrics weren’t so on the nose. It was to be expected judging by the titles but damn.. With Crybaby she did a good job at having the baby metaphores but having the lyrics not be so direct and on the nose. K-12 isn’t a bad album though. The direct references are just.. ehh. It’ll make sense with the movie but I wish we could also seperate the album with the movie.

This. The lack of metaphores make the lyrics seem pretty cringe.