3. WILDFLOWER
4. THE DINER
5. BIRDS OF A FEATHER

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

my top 5:

1. THE GREATEST (:crying4:)

2. BLUE (oh how I wish how the True Blue part was longer tho :rollin:)

3. THE DINER

4. WILDFLOWER

5. SKINNY

tbh this album has almost been the only thing I've been playing for the last seven days. Well done, BIllie and Finneas!:gclap:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

video games GIF

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

9 hours ago, 13beachess said:

my top 5:

1. THE GREATEST (:crying4:)

2. BLUE (oh how I wish how the True Blue part was longer tho :rollin:)

3. THE DINER

4. WILDFLOWER

5. SKINNY

tbh this album has almost been the only thing I've been playing for the last seven days. Well done, BIllie and Finneas!:gclap:

Same - I am obsessed with it. The Diner didn't click for me at first, but when I read the lyrics, I realized it's quite a lil' weird gem.

Definitely AOTY material, and so happy it's got the best Meta critic score out of her three records (Take that, Pitchfork and Melon!)

If she drops the red sequel and it slaps as much, wow. But I don't think that's even possible.

The only one that really doesn’t click with me is birds of a feather so I’m really surprised people think it should be the radio hit and in the top 5 

I can’t place my top 5 as they keep shifting as I continuously listen to the album.. at first my favourite was lunch.. then it switched to l’amour la vie and now the diner is rising to the top spot 

other firm favourites are ofcourse blue, the greatest and bitter suite 

birds of a feather has dropped into skip status 

like a dream, you glide on the water 

IMG-7034.gif

and like a star, I shine from the shore 

On 5/25/2024 at 1:57 AM, ivory almond said:

after a week with the album, this is my initial top 5 ranking:

1. THE GREATEST
2. SKINNY
3. WILDFLOWER
4. THE DINER
5. BIRDS OF A FEATHER

My top five:

1. CHIHIRO

2. BLUE

3. WILDFLOWER

4. LUNCH

5. THE GREATEST

I can't believe these 5 cuts are on the same record (kind of like Lana's VB, NFR, Mariner's, The Greatest and Doin' Time combo).

And then there's still SKINNY. GOD DAMN, GURL.

My favourites are Chihiro, L’amour de ma vie (over extended mix - the way the auto tune goes wild with her voice is soooo gooodddd :defeated:) The Diner and Bittersuite-Blue (can’t listen to Blue without the end of Bittersuite that transition so well into it)

Wildflower grew on me a lot. The Greatest is the best « ballad » of the lot 

30 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

My favourites are Chihiro, L’amour de ma vie (over extended mix - the way the auto tune goes wild with her voice is soooo gooodddd :defeated:) The Diner and Bittersuite-Blue (can’t listen to Blue without the end of Bittersuite that transition so well into it)

Wildflower grew on me a lot. The Greatest is the best « ballad » of the lot 

The extended mix of L'amour is such a treat. That song is just the two of them fucking around in the studio. The Pitchfork critic dissed it and said it sounded like something that they cooked up in their bedroom. Like, "and"? That's literally the sound they were going for, which makes it all the more intimate and vibey. Clearly, they can do BIG productions, having won two Academy Awards lmao. 

Honestly, made me want to email Pitchfork and ask what is happening with their editorial team.

4 hours ago, barttttender said:

Same - I am obsessed with it. The Diner didn't click for me at first, but when I read the lyrics, I realized it's quite a lil' weird gem.

Definitely AOTY material, and so happy it's got the best Meta critic score out of her three records (Take that, Pitchfork and Melon!)

If she drops the red sequel and it slaps as much, wow. But I don't think that's even possible.

Agreeeee. Especially about The Diner, since it's so extra creepy that it's allegedly or possibly based on her real life experiences of being stalked, aka from a stalker's POV. Maybe her most eerie song to me!

It's probably my AOTY. Since I am listening to this 80% of the time since it's been released it's reminding me of when NFR had dropped and I listened to it literally every free and awake minute I had, for a week straight. Omg. HTE was my very fav Billie project, but this _is_ her best thing yet I fear.:defeated:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

video games GIF

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

41 minutes ago, 13beachess said:

Agreeeee. Especially about The Diner, since it's so extra creepy that it's allegedly or possibly based on her real life experiences of being stalked, aka from a stalker's POV. Maybe her most eerie song to me!

It's probably my AOTY. Since I am listening to this 80% of the time since it's been released it's reminding me of when NFR had dropped and I listened to it literally every free and awake minute I had, for a week straight. Omg. HTE was my very fav Billie project, but this _is_ her best thing yet I fear.:defeated:

Ahh, so glad to hear that! My Chrome is glitching so can't heart your post so :party:

On 5/22/2024 at 6:29 PM, 320kbps said:

LOVE the extended of l'amour BUT can she like... drop a version that has the entire basically 10 min song so i can just sneak it in the album.... thank u billie...... love u

i made an extended edit myself this morning but idk if i'm allowed to post it since they're both released....

9ISvyf0.gif

Some parts of The Diner really reminded me of something and now I know what it reminded me of:

The instrumental parts of Boy Bye - Brockhampton

Spoiler

The original song itself:

Specifically at 1:15 the song's beat drop reminded me of the instrumental of Boy Bye!

url%5D

Yesterday, Billie shut down the rumours of a « Red album » when asked about it. 

https://x.com/buzzingpop/status/1798474712755884337?s=46&t=9DAe1og0lBbLa_v4qZjMpA 

bur something is coming (I’ve seen an « insider account » on Twitter / X that posted that the deluxe version of HMHAS is being released this summer 👀, although I can’t find the post anymore 😭)

23 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

Hi I have 2 questions as someone who didn't even realise this dropped.

Does it actually sound rock-inspired?

Any songs that may be about Jesse Rutherford? :oopna:

It's more poppier but it's like cohesive pop, like the tracks are sonically quite similar to each other but they're not boring. Well that's my opinion, I feel like all the tracks have this smooth underwater feeling sonically. People have thought that L'Amour De Ma Vie is about her relationship with Jesse.

url%5D

Well, I don't understand what's going on, but I hope for pleasant surprises and a very quick release of the CHIHIRO MV:oprah3:

meanwhile, my top looks like:

1. BITTERSUITE :illumilana2: (this masterpiece worked the best for me, the accents are placed so harmoniously. It is my central moment of the album. I'm not talking about the great cinematography and the art of performance... so gorgeous - 100/10)

2. WILDFLOWER :pray2: (this song hits me to the core every fucking time. Outro sends you straight to heaven - 10/10)

3. LUNCH :pussypower: (Yes, I needed it - 9,5/10 (It doesn't matter that my score is so high))

4. BLUE :shrug: (the best closer, but for me, the attention is slightly shifted in the wrong direction - 9/10)

5. SKINNY :crying4: (I liked it from the first audition, but going to lunch always trips me up - 9/10)

6. L'AMOUR DE MA VIE :daydream: (it was worth getting used to. this song blossomed for me with the arrival of summer - 8,5/10)

7. CHIHIRO :bang: (It doesn't work for me as often as I would like, but this is objectively good. Maybe the snippets exceeded my expectations - 8,5/10)

8. BIRDS OF A FEATHER :justride: (it took me the most time to make friends with this song and not put it in the SKIP section. as a result, I even want more works in this style - 8/10)

9. THE DINER :tongue2: (It's commendable, but it looks like her brother's draft. It's still at least 7,5/10)

10. THE GREATEST :roll: (maybe not my vibe, I don't feel it. Nevertheless, I am aware of the greatness of this song - 7/10)