BLURRYFACE

Billie Eilish

49 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Well it’s a 8 for me atm! It may grow with time. My complaints are the album being too short I love a longer album, and I do feel 3 songs are just average to ok.  My faves are Blue, Birds of a Feather, Bittersuite.  I think this album will be seen as a hidden gem in her discography.

For me, tracks 7, 8, and 9 are the weakest run and sound like they belong on her earliest records. The Diner sounds like something off her first album or EP, and Bittersuite sounds straight out of Happier than Ever. 

But the other 7 tracks are fucking golden. And even if the three are weaker, that doesn't make them bad per se. So, I'm going with a strong 8. Definitely will listen more than Happier than Ever or When we all, which I barely ever listen to in full.

I feel like most critics love the record, Melon and Pitch aside, so this might not even be as "hidden" as we think.

5 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Anyone think WILDFLOWER is really good? I love it 

It’s the best on the album for me. 

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

1 hour ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Anyone think WILDFLOWER is really good? I love it 

Wildflower and L’amour de ma vie were the ones I liked the least… but they both clicked this weekend and yes, Wildflower is incredible 

3 hours ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

Ngl I’m overly sensitive and I was offended lol :toofunny:

NOOOO IT WASN'T MEANT TO OFFEND YOU :rollin:

this album is just kind of boring to me, it's not bad but it doesn't really stand out and i easily forget about it

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

ok i can finally rank this!

1. Wildflower 10/10 - Love it, it's just so beautiful, nothing I would change about it. That outro>>>

2. Birds Of A Feather 10/10 - I'm a sucker for a sappy love song, I love the 90s-00s vibes on this, just such a banger! It sounds like a sunny day.

3. Skinny 9/10 - A great way to start the album, the lyrics are so heart wrenching. The production is so gorgeous and subtle.

4. Lunch 8.5/10 - I love this song!! It reminds me of "bad idea right?" by OR in the best way. I wish she'd lean in to this pop rock vibe more

5. Chihiro 8.5/10 Great song, maybe a tad too long, but it's def a vibe. I love the mini switch ups, and the production is just so great. 

6. L 'Amour De Ma Vie 8.3/10 - This is a cool one. The first part is very Laufey, which I love. The second part is video-gamey, electronic, which isn't as good as the first part, but I still enjoy it!

7. Blue 8.2/10 - I love the first part of this song, (True Blue) I feel like it's almost too short. The second part is nice too, but I almost get lost in it. I like the beat switch up, it reminds me of NDA

8. The Greatest 8/10 - This is a pretty good ballad, but it doesn't grab me like the other ones.  I like the rock outro, but that part is so short, that it doesn't feel like the buildup is worth it.

9. Bittersuite 7.8/10 - This one is growing on me, but it hasn't yet. I can't decide which part of the song I prefer, I do agree that the switchups on this album are hit or miss. I love the riff of True Blue at the end, and the transition to that song.

10. The Diner 7/10 - This one isn't rly my vibe, but hey, it might grow on me by Halloween. It feels very much like her debut, which isn't an album I care for that much.

Overall, this is a really strong record, and I'd give it a 8.5/10. It's most certainly a contender for my personal AOTY, and I sure wouldn't be mad if it won at the Grammys!

giphy.webp

there's a blue light in my best friend's room...

9 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Zane Lowe asked her about what she meant, the last line of the album « want to hear the next one? » and she kinda said nothing while laughing… 👀 Something is brewing 

I NEED it. i can't keep replaying all these songs :lange: SEND IT TO ME RACHEL:crying:

giphy.webp

there's a blue light in my best friend's room...