Baby V Alex

Pokémon

I actually have 999:59 hours on Emerald and I think on Diamond too.  :thumb:

I enjoyed X and especially ORAS, and I also enjoy Moon, but I'm playing nowhere as long as I used to.

The pokemon generation is getting old!  :crai:

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_1h0d6zmin8g0

Where are my Sinnoh remakes, though? :rollin:

Omg this tea! I was POSITIVE that we would get Gen 8 and then get the Sinnoh remakes. They really surprised us with Pokemon Let's Go, and I'm not really impressed. The whole concept of a THIRD Gen 1 remake just bugs me, I'm honestly tired of Kanto's storyline and the pokemon from gen 1 aren't anything special. I also don't like how they're catering towards the Pokemon Go players. I'm still going to play the games though, the graphics look amazing. 

SizzlingThornyIndigobunting-size_restric

Omg this tea! I was POSITIVE that we would get Gen 8 and then get the Sinnoh remakes. They really surprised us with Pokemon Let's Go, and I'm not really impressed. The whole concept of a THIRD Gen 1 remake just bugs me, I'm honestly tired of Kanto's storyline and the pokemon from gen 1 aren't anything special. I also don't like how they're catering towards the Pokemon Go players. I'm still going to play the games though, the graphics look amazing. 

Ugh, king of saving my year-old posts from irrelevance  :heart:

And same, I thought we'd have the remakes by now. Instead it's UltraFlop in 2017, Let's Go in 2018, new generation in 2019 and maybe Sinnoh in 2020. :rip:

And I partially agree with you on Let's Go. I don't have a problem with Kanto per se (it's been 15 years since the last proper Kanto games came out, that's before generation 4 even existed), I was actually excited about returning to the region that started it all, especially with the gorgeous new graphics. However, I hate how much they are dumbing down the games just to cater to casuals (and Go players). The worst thing is that it doesn't just happen to Let's Go only, but to all games from XY onwards, which is just sad.

BTW, maybe you could change this thread's title to simply Pokémon. :creep:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Ugh, king of saving my year-old posts from irrelevance  :heart:

And same, I thought we'd have the remakes by now. Instead it's UltraFlop in 2017, Let's Go in 2018, new generation in 2019 and maybe Sinnoh in 2020. :rip:

And I partially agree with you on Let's Go. I don't have a problem with Kanto per se (it's been 15 years since the last proper Kanto games came out, that's before generation 4 even existed), I was actually excited about returning to the region that started it all, especially with the gorgeous new graphics. However, I hate how much they are dumbing down the games just to cater to casuals (and Go players). The worst thing is that it doesn't just happen to Let's Go only, but to all games from XY onwards, which is just sad.

BTW, maybe you could change this thread's title to simply Pokémon. :creep:

You're welcome boo :hooker:

Its not that I have a problem with Kanto, its that we've been to Kanto almost 4 times now, and it will forever remain the same. I really like newer Pokemon and I'm tired of Gamefreak making every game about Kanto. The only thing I've liked recently that was Kanto related was Alolan forms, and some of those weren't even that great. I thought we were gonna be done with Kanto when Gen 1 came to the virtual console?? I also don't like how we're not going to be able to battle in these games. I'm praying they do something fresh with this game and give us new megas (considering that they just announced that we are going to be able to mega evolve) or something... I'm also praying that we get a new eeveelution(s) because it's time for a new one. Sylveon has been beat to death, and I'm over it. 

At least we got pokemon walking behind us back  :flutter:

(also, Idk how to change the title of a thread or else I'd do that)

SizzlingThornyIndigobunting-size_restric

You're welcome boo :hooker:

Its not that I have a problem with Kanto, its that we've been to Kanto almost 4 times now, and it will forever remain the same. I really like newer Pokemon and I'm tired of Gamefreak making every game about Kanto. The only thing I've liked recently that was Kanto related was Alolan forms, and some of those weren't even that great. I thought we were gonna be done with Kanto when Gen 1 came to the virtual console?? I also don't like how we're not going to be able to battle in these games. I'm praying they do something fresh with this game and give us new megas (considering that they just announced that we are going to be able to mega evolve) or something... I'm also praying that we get a new eeveelution(s) because it's time for a new one. Sylveon has been beat to death, and I'm over it. 

At least we got pokemon walking behind us back  :flutter:

(also, Idk how to change the title of a thread or else I'd do that)

That's true, it's always pretty much the same. It's a shame, I think they really had the chance to expand Kanto with these games, make the cities and routes larger, add new locations, basically turn it into something that would be acceptable in 2018.

Also, as I said, I generally like Kanto, but what really bugs me is that they manage to make everything about Kanto even when it's not about Kanto: there is no valid reason why Santalude Forest is just a carbon copy of Viridian Forest, or why most mega evolutions and all Alolan forms are for Kanto Pokémon. And yes, I totally agree, I want some new mega evolutions too (finally give me my beloved Mega Flygon :crai:). I would love to see some new Eeveelutions (or cross-generational evolutions in general, we haven't really had that since generation 4) too, but that's definitely not gonna happen with Let's Go. Maybe in the 2019 games?

If you click "Edit" on your first post in this thread and then "Use Full Editor", you can change it. :kiss:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Just finished Pokemon X for the first time (thanks a lot Citra) and I must say... WHAT A SHIT VICTORY ROAD THAT WAS! Like what the fuck was that? Who decided to make it extremely long with all those veterans and stuff? I swear I almost dropped the game at some point because I was so frustrated with that shit, but I knew I only had to defeat the Elite 4 to beat the game so I wasn't going to waste 40 hours of my life because of no damn victory road. Anyways, the Elite 4 and the Champion were too easy to defeat, and my pokemons were all at 55 ~ 60 (with the exception of my lvl. 70 Umbreon) so thats something, but I guess using Xerneas was a little bit of cheating of my part lmao anyway I didn't enjoy this one as much as the others.

My final team was:

Greninja (lvl. 55)

Talonflame (lvl. 60)

Lucario (lvl. 60)

Roserade (lvl. 54)

Umbreon (lvl. 70)

Xerneas (lvl. 59)

I always choose water types as my starters and Froakie was probably my least favorite. Popplio remaisn unbothered.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Just finished Pokemon X for the first time (thanks a lot Citra) and I must say... WHAT A SHIT VICTORY ROAD THAT WAS! Like what the fuck was that? Who decided to make it extremely long with all those veterans and stuff? I swear I almost dropped the game at some point because I was so frustrated with that shit, but I knew I only had to defeat the Elite 4 to beat the game so I wasn't going to waste 40 hours of my life because of no damn victory road. Anyways, the Elite 4 and the Champion were too easy to defeat, and my pokemons were all at 55 ~ 60 (with the exception of my lvl. 70 Umbreon) so thats something, but I guess using Xerneas was a little bit of cheating of my part lmao anyway I didn't enjoy this one as much as the others.

I really disliked X and Y in terms of story and city designs. It's so annoying trying to get around that main city when half of it is blocked off omg I wasted so long navigating that  :crossed:

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

I really disliked X and Y in terms of story and city designs. It's so annoying trying to get around that main city when half of it is blocked off omg I wasted so long navigating that  :crossed:

Yeah, Lumiose is awful lol I've got lost countless times in those alleys trying to find the right people and shops. It got even worse when I wanted to buy some luxury balls to catch my Eeve and the shop was in the blocked section so I had to load an old save :(

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Sword and Shield, I'm- :rip: :rip: :rip: The names really are getting worse and worse, huh?

Judging by the trailer, the game looks gorgeous. I also think the region looks really interesting, and I'm so glad that after Hoenn (as much as I love it) and Alola (meh), we're finally getting a non-tropical environment again. I'm really intrigued, this region seems to have an interesting atmosphere, unlike anything we've seen before. I guess it's based on Great Britain, but upside down? I can't wait to see more. The only thing that bugs me is that in the artwork, the buildings all look quite big, which makes the region itself look rather small. Considering what the Switch is capable of, this would be quite a letdown. A map bigger than Sinnoh (or, ideally, even bigger than Kanto + Johto) was the least I was expecting, TBH. Also, from what I can tell, it looks rather linear too, which would definitely be annoying.

D0avx2hWkAEufVK.jpg

The starters look cute, although they all look a bit vanilla to me.

caoxLoB.jpg

The Fire and Grass starters are really cute, though, I wonder what their evolutions will look like and what secondary types they might get. Overall I'm really excited about these games hehe.

Edit: full Pokémon Direct (seven minutes):

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

The starters are... bad. Sobble is like Mudkip and Froakie, Scorbunny is like a Fire type Buneary. Grookey... is bad

The region looks cool but I was lowkey expecting something more higkey. This is like Kalos boring cousin

If it’s on 3Ds catch me playing it. If it’s on switch... bye Felicia

Official screenshots:

D0a0h5BV4AEP997.jpg

D0a0h48VYAEtK2R.jpg

D0a0h45V4AAcooj.jpg

D0a0mh6UYAA0ZIe.jpg

D0a0mhxUYAAfRxZ.jpg

D0a0mh1VYAAd3YF.jpg

D0a0q6jVsAEWRb8.jpg

D0a0q6mUYAEMDR1.jpg

D0a0h49U8AETDJq.jpg

D0a0mhxUcAEbjxc.jpg

The starters are... bad. Sobble is like Mudkip and Froakie, Scorbunny is like a Fire type Buneary. Grookey... is bad
The region looks cool but I was lowkey expecting something more higkey. This is like Kalos boring cousin
If it’s on 3Ds catch me playing it. If it’s on switch... bye Felicia

Girl, it's on the Switch lol. The 3DS is pretty much dead.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif