Elle

LDR5 Pre-Pre-Release Thread - Take 2

Please stop the drama

1. the snippet is not that good. In fact there are much better moments on the boring HM. Maybe this will end up like BB from UV

2. stop calling the feds. because nobody cares besides the hardcore fans and former hardcore fans (me). she has no team besides that cute blonde assistant who is good to help her buy groceries and her sister (who will shot the cover of course). she doesn't take her own career too seriously so everybody just chill and wait for her insta announcement, don't be delusional there will be no "era", she will tease her stuff on social media and she will do some festivas and that's it.

3. the only thing that matters it's the quality of her music (lyrics). as I said the snippet is not promising (after YaB she comes with YaIL I don't see any progress here)

Well, that's your opinion, and there's a difference between opinions and facts. I mean, you're saying that just bc she isn't pleasing you. You act like you're telling the truth, but honey, just bc she isn't acting like you want her to, that doesn't mean that she doesn't care, that just means that she doesn't think in the same way that you do.

I think the UV or BBy single cover should've been the album cover tbh, but I still like the actual one

And judging from her insta video, it seems like there's gonna be a lot of blues and brighter colours in whatever shoot she was preparing for, so maybe this era will be more striking and bold? Total reach cos I know it all depends on the style of photography in the end, but I'm hopeful that the visuals will be fresh this time around

That's the big feeling I got for the music (keeping in mind I haven't heard anything yet so I'm just speculating) but for example if you take the BTD cover, it is known that I'm not the hugest good sis Nicole stan but it fits the music so amazingly that it's became one of the most recognizable and immediately associated to the artist cover of the last ten years at least. And it could be a single cover for each song, it would fit. That's the kind of power I'm talking about, doesn't mean I want a bust shot again with the same font emplacement and super sleek and meticulously retouched, but something was touched here that hasn't been reached again yet

4tdWYMA.png

For me the true issue with the Honeymoon cover is that despite the fact it represents EXACTLY the colours I see the album in, the font and the composition were absolutely not adapted to the music, it's a very personal record and Lana is way too far away, especially compared to the others. It's a beautiful photography, it's not even at all that it isn't adapted to Honeymoon, it's just not adapted to be the cover in particular. What strikes me the most is that Lana isn't looking at us, when she was in all the others, and it's reinforced by the fact that she's wearing big ass shades. I think it would have been an amazing back cover for example. And the font is cool in itself, but compared to the music, it makes the music sound tacky. And the source of the light is a bit difficult to understand but that's a detail

Edit: I forgot to mention it's waayyyyayyayay too busy for how chill the music is

I think the colors red and blue just associated HM for you unconsciously so if it wasn't the cover, you wouldn't assosicate these colors with the album.

giphy.gif

Please stop the drama

1. the snippet is not that good. In fact there are much better moments on the boring HM. Maybe this will end up like BB from UV

2. stop calling the feds. because nobody cares besides the hardcore fans and former hardcore fans (me). she has no team besides that cute blonde assistant who is good to help her buy groceries and her sister (who will shot the cover of course). she doesn't take her own career too seriously so everybody just chill and wait for her insta announcement, don't be delusional there will be no "era", she will tease her stuff on social media and she will do some festivas and that's it.

3. the only thing that matters it's the quality of her music (lyrics). as I said the snippet is not promising (after YaB she comes with YaIL I don't see any progress here)

From BTD, every work Lana has done sounded different from the previous album and was an evolution. Listening to this scrap of YAIL seems that it sounds similar to kind of vibe that she has already tested. The snippet with Tiger sounds more interesting and amazing, so i hope that new album will have that kind of vibe.

Well, that's your opinion, and there's a difference between opinions and facts. I mean, you're saying that just bc she isn't pleasing you. You act like you're telling the truth, but honey, just bc she isn't acting like you want her to, that doesn't mean that she doesn't care, that just means that she doesn't think in the same way that you do.

Tea

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

I think the colors red and blue just associated HM for you unconsciously so if it wasn't the cover, you wouldn't assosicate these colors with the album.

True, definitely haha the visuals are SOOOO important to me in an album, I mean I want to design album covers as a living for the rest of my life so I care a lot about this stuff. That's so interesting, now I'm really curious to which colours I would associate if the cover was completely different... Probably the ones in the Chuck pics for MTWBT though

4tdWYMA.png

lol guys the reason the honeymoon cover sucked is they wanted the number on the car in it for the honeymoon hotline so they went with a mediocre picture. and because they wanted the number and the starline tour thing and the album name and her name it ended up super cluttered. It basically was because they had ideas which were cool and conceptual but translated into a photograph it was a little scary

lol guys the reason the honeymoon cover sucked is they wanted the number on the car in it for the honeymoon hotline so they went with a mediocre picture. and because they wanted the number and the starline tour thing and the album name and her name it ended up super cluttered. It basically was because they had ideas which were cool and conceptual but translated into a photograph it was a little scary

i was so shocked and offended when i tried to call the honeymoon hotline a couple of days ago and it was discontinued, unstanning

I would like to see Nicole x Lana again.

Her photos are simple but so iconic. Also colors are vibrant and warm.

Lyrics in booklet!!!!

Imagine blood template again, but this time dark blue blood :creep:

And I hope that this time they won't experiment with fonts and just keep that iconic Rainbow font.

tumblr_p0v8ex4Llk1raxa8qo1_540.jpg

Honestly I'm curious as to how the record as a whole will sound bc out of the three snippets floating around insta only the chorus one sounds all that similar to Paradise.

there's 3 snippets?? what account is this?

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e