Elle

LDR5 Pre-Pre-Release Thread - Take 2

It's really tricky with UV and singles. Personally, there was no real strong single. What could have worked for here was to serve impressive visuals and promote the album heavily, especially through a world tour that would have boosted her album sales. That album was perfect for being performed live.

I would have personally opted for either Black Beauty or an edited Brooklyn Baby as the lead. West Coast will always be my favourite song alongside with Video Games, but who the hell was supposed to play this? And the video didn't serve the quality we were used from Lana. Then the UV video got scraped, she cancelled basically everything and the era was done.

I think because of the not so great commercial performance at first. she gave up on it (and the label), but real artists bounce back, fight and claim their material. I once read an article, not so long ago actually,  from another female artist and how her label reacted when she recorded a quite unconventional and challenging album and how she really turned things round by selling out one show after the other. People that went to the shows were sceptical but she managed to lure them in with the new material and that's how it works.

Lana simply lacks in that department. She wants things to come easy for her and that is not happening.

I completely agree

giphy.gif

i luv u and glozell

Here is a great idea-

Lana

Gaga

Katy Perry

Weeknd

doing "That's what friends are for" (ala Dionne, Gladys, Stevie and Elton John) when they remade the song Rod Stewart originally sang for a movie

(written by Bacharach and Carole Bayer Sager) (every great Bacharach hit was sung by a female singer)

with the horrors of the dictator Trump now, all recording artists that are liberal Democratic folks and all female artists on the side of good, not evil,  gotta stick together

im all for ideas but what are you on 

Do you think that the first single of new era, YAIL, will have the same explosive impact of West Coast?

i would hope 

with honeymoon i believe the first track that came out was the title track and when i heard it the first time i was in love. Then i believe i heard hbtb and that threw me for a loop because i was not expecting a trippy song like that at all. It didnt fit the theme that i thought the album was going in then i heard terrence loves you and i was so lost at this point. I didnt know what direction the album was going in until the whole album came out then i was able to enjoy it, but hbtb stuck out like a sore thumb. My fear is that if she doesn't make some sales comparable to btd her label will drop her or she will loose traffic. 

Just tellin y'all that if you want to see the commercial and basic (iniatial) side of Lana just go and listen to born to die, don't call yourself a fan if you always expect Lana to drop a :) pop single and be a commercial success, that just not happening unless SHE DECIDES IT BY HERSELF, and please don't go off topic , this thread was to discuss LDR5 not the commercial activity of Ultraviolence or Honeymoon and even comparing them to an album that hasn't been released yet.mariah-shades.gif

i will love you until the end of time.

Just tellin y'all that if you want to see the commercial and basic side of Lana just go and listen to born to die, don't call yourself a fan if you always expect Lana to drop a :) pop single and be a commercial success, that just not happening unless SHE DECIDES IT BY HERSELF, and please don't go off topic , this thread was to discuss LDR5 not the commercial activity of Ultraviolence or Honeymoon and even comparing them to an album that hasn't been released yet.

Would you mind elaborating in which way Born To Die was "basic" or "commercial"?

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Would you mind elaborating in which way Born To Die was "basic" or "commercial"?

first of all. hi 

second, btd was the basic lana because of the lyrics, cliches, pop, bad boy with good girl. but unique vintage imagery and sound.

third, commercial because her label and lana wanted the album to have heavy promotion and hits so that they would establish and image for Lana Del Rey!, so that in later years as now she would have to to the same ammount of promo because she would already have an image in the mainstream catalogue and a determined public (all of us   :D  :P ) that would always listen to her material no matter what! :)

fourth, basic and commercial are not bad things btw, they are just the "basics" to establish Lana in the music industry and scene ;)

Just tellin y'all that if you want to see the commercial and basic side of Lana just go and listen to born to die, don't call yourself a fan if you always expect Lana to drop a :) pop single and be a commercial success, that just not happening unless SHE DECIDES IT BY HERSELF, and please don't go off topic , this thread was to discuss LDR5 not the commercial activity of Ultraviolence or Honeymoon and even comparing them to an album that hasn't been released yet.mariah-shades.gif

How can we discuss ldr5 when he have little to no insight if details on it

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

How can we discuss ldr5 when he have little to no insight if details on it

idk ask @Elle she made this thread 1y4tq1.gif in any case the discussion will be plainly speculation but not getting deep in the other eras RihannaGif7.gif

I'm staying at this strangers house tomorrow so guys if i die can you make sure you throw a memory stick with a leaked copy of yail in my grave please so i'll forever be at peace thanks

I YELLED.  :eartha: :eartha: :eartha:

oh my god if i made a post every time i stayed at a stranger's house.. :toofunny: @Sitar watch ur back for the new #1 poster :deadbanana:

second, btd was the basic lana because of the lyrics, cliches, pop, bad boy with good girl. but unique vintage imagery and sound.

But BTD (as an album) sh!ts on almost all her other albums lyrically??  :um2:

I'm really hoping LDR5 will be on the same level as BTD for lyrics + storytelling. 

14417469274.gif

It's rumoured a new Lana song could be called "Stay In ..." because Blake, Lana's guitar player, posted an Instagram story where we can see a paper with that name. Do you think it's legit?

C4Z23viW8AAZvg0.jpgC4Z23vnWAAA4KVv.jpg

To be honest, I don't think it's Lana's song. Blake writes his own material, so it could be his song. I also doubt he would be rehearsing a Lana song at this point of the year when the next song might be at some festival this summer.

West Coast...... explosive impact ? It's a very good song but literally only lipsters know it. It kinda flopped, how did it have any type of impact ?

From this song and UV Lana's become an artist with a strong identity, not only an empty pop star like all the others. And this is the reason why i'm started to follow her.

I just listened to Honeymoon from beginning to end and I guess the "problem" is that it's just ultra minimum. It's almost like a demo album. There could've been more strength and more instrumental layering. That's all. Still a damn great record.