Mileena

Paradise - Pre-Release Thread

I haven't listened to much of the new snippets-only American-and I'm completely fine with people's differing opinions and all, but reading this last bit really upset me. I think it's very disrespectful to Lana that you'd say she doesn't care about her music or the artistic value in it just because it didn't appeal to you. Maybe she is changing as a person, so she wrote in a different style or just wanted to experiment with sounds more on this rerelease? I don't know really, but it just makes me very sad to see you say she doesn't care because you don't like it. Personally, I think if she didn't care then she wouldn't have bothered making this EP, or having the Ride video be 10 minutes long. Idk, that actually really upset me so I'm just going to stop now.

It’s called histrionics, Bill.

EDIT: What you're responding to, that is, not what you're saying.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

She's released this album NOW when she has said it was meant to come out next year, but she couldn't wait a whole year because she was too excited and thought releasing it now as an EP instead of an LP in March 2013 would be a good idea. Not to mention the fact that it was never a planned re-release, it happened organically because she was writing so much these past few months.

If you don't like the sound of the album, fine, but to say it's crap because she "doesn't care" is total BS. She's shown nothing but complete interest and joy in this re-release, how anyone can get the feeling she doesn't care is beyond me.

Oh well. I guess if you don't like it, don't buy it, more for the rest of us :excited:

What are your thoughts on the upcoming album? I love it

Am I the only one who actually likes American? I love American

Am I the only one who doesn't like Gods & Monsters? Gods & Monsters is amazing

What are your thoughts on the upcoming album? I think that those snippets sound great and the album is going to be amazing.

Am I the only one who actually likes American? I have loved it since we heard the very first preview.

Am I the only one who doesn't like Gods & Monsters? I am sure that there are plenty of others who dislike it but I think it sounds awesome.

:)

I will of course love it. I listened through the snippets once and that's it, I don't want to spoil it.

However, when i first heard her debut of Body Electric i was completely enamoured. But the studio snippet sounded so very artificial i have to admit i lost my semi. I'm going to be optimistic and palm it off as a crappy snippet though. We'll see.

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

Look, I'm actually going to be positive about this. I'm bloody excited for the album - sure the snippets don't sound as good as the original BTD and I'm forever going to love the raw sound on AKA but I think it'll surprise me. I mean, the more I listen to the the snippets, the more it grows on me.

Tbh, I'm just annoyed that people are trying to leak it and somebody could even have it right now. I mean, I love it when unreleased stuff get leaked but leaking stuff that are going to be released in under a month anyway is just plain stupid - it defeats the whole excitment of the release.

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

I'm very excited for this release but I feel that the songs on BTD will always be better. She says it's an 'afterthought' but I feel like as if these songs are bitter aftertastes from BTD. Lana has suddenly become very vulgar and her lyrics have suddenly gotten worse.

I got a burning desire for you baby, (I got a burning desire). I got a burning desire for you baby, (I got a burning desire).

I sing the body electric. I sing the body electric. I sing the body electric. I sing the body electric sing the body electric sing the body electric.

Too much repetition and while I do enjoy some of Lana's vulgarity, I the EP is mostly to do with sex and fucking and it just makes me a little angry because I know Lana is a deep person with strong ideas. I guess I'll listen to it when it's released and make further judgements then

It seems like I know nothing at all because I honestly didn't see any major change in the writing style.

Okay there are some lines that are too lazy, and useless but overall I didn't feel like the lyrics struck me as 'not the Lana from BTD'.

I enjoy the vulgar side of her just like any other side and I do believe that there's more to it than just fucking (let me fuck you hard in the pouring rain was not about fucking remember? :P)

I loved all the snippets and I cannot wait for the album (except my heart still aches from what she's done to Yayo).

PS. She's always been repetitive(summertime summertime sadness, su-su-summertime summertime sadness, got that summertime summertime sadness) and 'vulgar' (pretty much all her songs) "

Long hair, Lana that's my bitch

while I do enjoy some of Lana's vulgarity, I the EP is mostly to do with sex and fucking and it just makes me a little angry because I know Lana is a deep person with strong ideas

How is sex not a deep idea? Everything about sex is meaningful in some way.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

I really wanted to wait for the full songs but I figured I won't remember much of the snippets if I just listen to them once! People's opinions made me curious/kind of scared it's gonna be terrible, but I liked what I heard :) . I never really liked Body Electric lyrically, but I always liked the sound of it, it's still awesome. I knew and loved Ride, Burning Desire and Blue Velvet already. Not crazy about what she did to Yayo, but it might grow on me (I realize my brain might be 'NOPE'-ing because it's so different than the version I knew). The other songs seem really okay on the first listen, I love Bel Air already!

(I wrote this while listening to the snippets so excuse my lack of coherence :teehee: )

tumblr_n746y8etXI1qa35sao1_500.gif

The lyrics are cheesy and crappy.... And I love that.

I respect Lana for creating new songs for us.

The only song I was dissapointed in was Yayo

AKA VERSION > PE VERSION

I think this re-release reflects on the album title... like.. These things hasn't happened, but she wants them to happen (she wants her pussy to taste like pepsi cola)

She can do whatever she wants and I will love it

I couldn't stand certain songs on BTD, and guess what? They ended up being my favourite

(Wheres that gif of lana doing the 'rock on' sign from the ride video)

'You're gonna love it, I'm gonna make you!'

RaHyb.png

Lana.pngAngel-Headed Hipster

The lyrics are cheesy and crappy.... And I love that.

I respect Lana for creating new songs for us.

The only song I was dissapointed in was Yayo

AKA VERSION > PE VERSION

I think this re-release reflects on the album title... like.. These things hasn't happened, but she wants them to happen (she wants her pussy to taste like pepsi cola)

She can do whatever she wants and I will love it

I couldn't stand certain songs on BTD, and guess what? They ended up being my favourite

(Wheres that gif of lana doing the 'rock on' sign from the ride video)

'You're gonna love it, I'm gonna make you!'

RaHyb.png

tumblr_mbrv8tg3Pw1qailquo1_r1_500.png

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

It would cost around 57 CAD for a Canadian (including P&P), it costed 47 CAD to be shipped to Germany, soo...I don't think you're going to get it any cheaper. It's always a lot more expensive on Amazon.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.