Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

That's a bad Lana's song, but it would be a good Halsey's song. Lana is way better than this, she can do better (UV and Honeymoon say hello). Lana is great, but it seems like she's lowering down her standards  

I'm not sure if an artist can always understand when the music he makes is good or not...especially if there's a special connection between him/her and the song

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Credits (from Tidal):

Title: Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind

Artist: Lana Del Rey

Album: Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind

Length: 4:18

Performer: Lana Del Rey

Composer: Rick Nowels; Lana Del Rey

Producer: Dean Reid; Lana Del Rey; Rick Nowels; Kieron Menzies

Mastering Engineer: Adam Ayan

Engineer: Trevor Yasuda; Dean Reid; Chris Garcia; Kieron Menzies

Vocals: Lana Del Rey

Keyboard: Kieron Menzies; Trevor Yasuda

Bass Guitar: Dean Reid

Celesta: Rick Nowels

Drums: Kieron Menzies; Dean Reid

Flute: Dean Reid

Magnetic Tape Realization: Kieron Menzies

Mellotron: Rick Nowels

Mixer: Dean Reid; Kieron Menzies

Percussion: Kieron Menzies

Publisher: R-Rated Music administered by EMI April Music Inc (Global Music RIghts); Sony / ATV Music Publishing

Synthesizer Programmer: Dean Reid; Rick Nowels

CRs1fcp.png

f3b3UYx.png

giphy.gif

That's a bad Lana's song, but it would be a good Halsey's song. Lana is way better than this, she can do better (UV and Honeymoon say hello). Lana is great, but it seems like she's lowering down her standards  

i agree it's a good song, but Lana has always been more than 'good'. She's always been great. We're just comparing it to masterpieces which is why it probably seems so bad. All the other basic hoes that stan halsey and katy won't know what a masterpiece sounds like so they'll probably love it... along with MANY other people

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Ok on second listen I actually like it a lot more. Minus the production. And also her voice in the first chorus sounds...bored? Raspy? Like it was ripped right from the insta post?

I wish it wasn't final but I'm sure it is. But it's way better than lfl at least

LIZARD PEOPLE

to quote lady gaga

"Oh, & just a suggestion... use HEADPHONES when listening to the new music,... THE SPEAKERS ON YOUR COMPUTER are NOT ACCEPTABLE, unless you like hearing music underwater. I do not."

9ISvyf0.gif

Ok on second listen I actually like it a lot more. Minus the production. And also her voice in the first chorus sounds...bored? Raspy? Like it was ripped right from the insta post?

I wish it wasn't final but I'm sure it is. But it's way better than lfl at least

I thought that too...Her voice is bored but I guess it's because she sings super low all the time in this album

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

to quote lady gaga

"Oh, & just a suggestion... use HEADPHONES when listening to the new music,... THE SPEAKERS ON YOUR COMPUTER are NOT ACCEPTABLE, unless you like hearing music underwater. I do not."

I did that and it didn't help 

I'm warming up to the lyrics, though. They're cute. 

I got home a while ago, found the iTunes audio on Twitter, dowloaded it, and now as I'm trying to listen to the song properly for the first time (I listened to the skippy one earlier in a noisy car so I couldn't really make up anything of it) my freaking Windows Media Player keeps either crashing or not opening at all. This is the 3rd time I've restarted my laptop so we'll see how it goes now.  :creep: boy it really doesn't seem like my wmp would like to let me hear it

OMG OK I'M HAVING A PROPER MELTDOWN IDK I'M LISTENING REALLY LOUD PAYING ATTENTION AND I FUCKING LOVE IT KDFKJDHKFJHDJKF IT'S SO GOOD AND FRESH AND COOL IDK!!!! Strange Love still her worst song the prechorus OMG I LOVE IT LMAO

ZKcaooE.png

i like the song but i feel like some lyrics could've been shortened so it didn't sound like she was trying to cram so many words in one line...if i'm making sense

Yes!! I noticed this too some of the lyrics seem way too dragged out

s-be18bcd9e81764b8ffe6979bdf3994c544ee54

I was at coachella, smoking pure vanilla, my boyfriend said that I'd lost my mind 

I told him he don't get it, I said he wasn't with it, too many lyrics sounds just fine

I collabed with Stevie, I collabed with Lennon, I collabed with the boy next door

I post a preorder, I have to in order, to beat that Hopeless Fountain whore

You guys think she's releasing it on Mother's Day on purpose? I mean it def sounds like she's calling us her children again with the crowns and stuff. Regardless of the song's quality I don't think it's a coincidence

LIZARD PEOPLE