Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Boi-1da made a AMA in Reddit, and this is what he said about the collab with Lana https://www.reddit.com/r/hiphopheads/comments/6i8oa6/boi1da_here_ama/dj4dyao/

"Me and Lana Del Ray got some dope stuff coming out" 

I love how he recognizes Lana's best album "Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant"!!! 

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

could he be talking about a single?

401tkDD.gif

He's talking about Daisy Chains, or whatever the A$AP Rocky and Playboi Carti collab is titled. She tagged Boi-1da on the Instagram post along with the two of them.

1 MONTH LEFT  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated: 

19423983_660230824172040_494876664780203

shake it up, throw your hands up and get L O O S E 

He's talking about Daisy Chains, or whatever the A$AP Rocky and Playboi Carti collab is titled. She tagged Boi-1da on the Instagram post along with the two of them.

Yeah I know but what if he's hinting it's going to come out soon as a single? It'd give Lana some visibility (possibly more than Weeknd) just before dropping the album and isn't too far of a reach imo

Im-So-Fancy-You-Already-Know-Staircase-S

Edit: And before someone comes at me, no I'm not getting my hopes up despite Will Smith dancing lol. Not at this point

Meanwhile, while everyone is bitchin' (and for an artist that is not a singles artist in the first place-

On the US Rock charts (dated July 1), Love is in its 16th week on that chart

and Lust for Life has been on the Rock charts for 9 weeks

not a bad place to be and in the US, most acts (especially ones not singles commercial artists) start songs on the genre charts and work their way over

a reminder that in the US, even those that are commercial artists, most rock or alternative or TripleA or whatever songs can take 30-40 weeks from original

charting to cross over bigtime.

and another reminder that had Lana released the album a few weeks back, based on the numbers of just Honeymoon, she would have had a #1 record that week

selling more than Bryson Tiller who had the #1 album. And that would have been with the exact same publicity. One would expect Lust for Life to sell even bigger amounts with more songs and some more featured artists.

this negativity above is  (specific words better left unsaid  and it goes without saying one person starts a chain of negativity and probably that one person (is that a troll replacing a canned poster doing it specifically to do just that?). So you should all cut it out.

Imagine people coming here and seeing all this crap.

By the way, not only Happy Birthday to Lana

but it's now the 50th anniversary of the Summer of Love 1967

Who better to lead the celebration than Lana.

After all, all you need is "Love"

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Meanwhile, while everyone is bitchin' (and for an artist that is not a singles artist in the first place-

On the US Rock charts (dated July 1), Love is in its 16th week on that chart

and Lust for Life has been on the Rock charts for 9 weeks

not a bad place to be and in the US, most acts (especially ones not singles commercial artists) start songs on the genre charts and work their way over

a reminder that in the US, even those that are commercial artists, most rock or alternative or TripleA or whatever songs can take 30-40 weeks from original

charting to cross over bigtime.

and another reminder that had Lana released the album a few weeks back, based on the numbers of just Honeymoon, she would have had a #1 record that week

selling more than Bryson Tiller who had the #1 album. And that would have been with the exact same publicity. One would expect Lust for Life to sell even bigger amounts with more songs and some more featured artists.

this negativity above is  (specific words better left unsaid  and it goes without saying one person starts a chain of negativity and probably that one person (is that a troll replacing a canned poster doing it specifically to do just that?). So you should all cut it out.

Imagine people coming here and seeing all this crap.

By the way, not only Happy Birthday to Lana

but it's now the 50th anniversary of the Summer of Love 1967

Who better to lead the celebration than Lana.

After all, all you need is "Love"

:O

Merry Christmas everyone

though she posted the tracklist, hahahaha

Don't be that way

Don't you pretend.

You're not away

Ur soul's on fire

I don't believe, this is the end 

Listening to the track via the trailer today, after all that's been going on in the world, I blinked tears. 

idc what people say about it being overhyped etc. the harmonies and production sounded unreal and gorgeous as fuck. Im talkin some ethereal instrumentals like Y&B that Lana doesn't regularly use, and the fact ill never hear the bridge (:omg: ) kills me

idc what people say about it being overhyped etc. the harmonies and production sounded unreal and gorgeous as fuck. Im talkin some ethereal instrumentals like Y&B that Lana doesn't regularly use, and the fact ill never hear the bridge ( :omg: ) kills me

Honestly tho I'd still like to hear the song in full, but at this point I'm just kinda grateful for the snippets we've had. Like it's bittersweet, but hey it's something.

UV/Honeymoon

I just hope she won't drop another collab as a single!! We shouldn't care about charts because she doesn't care either. And daisy chains sounds like a huge mess.. c'mon Lana release WM or at least something from the acoustic side of the record

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

She said she had plans releasing some few more songs from the rich sound side of the record before it drops.

Probably by the end of this month we'll got a new single or something.

giphy.gif

Lana is at 9.9mil IG followers, shes about a literal 100k away; i know it might not happen but if she were to hit 10 mil, is trending, and drops the tracklist this would b the best birthday  :oprah: