Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I'm by no means a listener of folk music but Tomorrow Never Came remains to be one of my most anticipated tracks, with Sean Lennon being on it the 70's folk kind of sound is pretty much what I was expecting even though I haven't heard any of his music. Also it'll be interesting to see how wide the contrast of the different sounds on the record will be, if Lust for Life and Yosemite are total opposites. I'm trusting on Lana's instincts when it comes to the tracklist order... can't believe we're getting two new tracks in a week and the record finally in almost 2 weeks. At this point I've already embraced the fact that I'm probably not getting my physical copy on the 21st but I'll take a deep breath then anyways. I also doubt we're getting the vinyl and possible box set yet, I don't really know shit about printing them but I really don't feel like they've had enough time to do them so it'll probs be another Honeymoon box set delay with this one as well. Fingers crossed I'm wrong tho

I see we're going through that part of the pre-release cycle when people like to cause speculations and even a little bit of drama about whether it'll be her last record or not. I'm not sure how many of you active members were fans during the BTD era or earlier but I've noticed that lots of people have been around since Ultraviolence or Honeymoon - and let me tell you, when after the release of BTD she said she wasn't sure if she'd put out more music as at the time she felt like she didn't have anything else that needed to be said, that was a plausible explanation for cold sweats. Thank god she did, and at this point we already know she's quite a workaholic when it comes to writing and recording new songs - and she basically admitted it in the latest interview, which sprouted your so called "Honeymoon outtakes"...

We (or at least some of us) have been through this multiple times before so it's a really frustrating and tiring discussion. Even if Lust for Life is ending a story Born to Die started, it doesn't mean she's going to start sprouting babies out of nowhere and just write songs for other artists and not for herself. It seems like she's finally in a happy place in her life and she's feeling well so she might take some time off after the release, the festival shows and the possible tour but I'm pretty sure she'll come back eventually - even if she has a family of her own at the time. Didn't she just say in some interview that she'd like to get kids but still do music and tour or do I remember wrong? Anyways, if she's going on a hiatus after this record we still have a great varity of released and unreleased music so it's not really the end of the world if we're not getting the next record in a couple of/few years. 

Edit: Btw time goes much faster when you're not on LanaBoards that much  :flutter:

I also believed that tracklist because of GBA's new, longer title since it's something 2017 Lana would do tbh. But I'm really losing faith in that tracklist, I can't picture a song called "Heroin" in the record.

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

I stubbornly think that the tracklist is completely 100% fake. Yosemite would definitely be on there if it were real, and i'm sure she wouldn't have made it a deluxe track seing as it's one of her favorites. Also some of the track names like Heroin, Get Free and GBAAATBWII sound like some twink made them up

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

1. Lust For Life

2. Love

3. 13 Beaches

4. Beautiful People , Beauitful Problems

5. When the World Was at War We Kept Dancing

6. God Bless America

7. Yosemite

8. Summer Bummer

9. Cherry

10. Coachella - Woodtsock In my Mind

11. White Mustang

12. Roses Bloom for You

13. Change

14. Tomorrow Never Came

Although all these songs may not be on the album, this leaves room for 4 MORE SONGS THAT WE DON'T KNOW OF WHICH IS EXCITING . Kinda lame though cause it's only a small amount.

roses bloom for you is not on the album you twat

I stubbornly think that the tracklist is completely 100% fake. Yosemite would definitely be on there if it were real, and i'm sure she wouldn't have made it a deluxe track seing as it's one of her favorites. Also some of the track names like Heroin, Get Free and GBAAATBWII sound like some twink made them up

And 'In My Feelings' lol

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I thought Lana said in one of the recent magazine interviews that the song was called "God Bless America and All The Beautiful Women In It"

Never mind, I found the quote in the Flaunt interview and I misread what was said...

-The change out there in the world has indeed been pretty seismic. Accordingly, you have my personal favorite track on the record, “God Bless America,” an unbridled spanker of a song that’s title refrain is followed by, “And all the beautiful women in it

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

Just realized there is a black beach near my hometown. I know where I'm headed for my LFL first listen.

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

What's everyone gonna do for their first listen? I really want to make it special but can't think of any cool memorable ideas

What's everyone gonna do for their first listen? I really want to make it special but can't think of any cool memorable ideas

Probably sit in my room and get high. I'm going to California a week after the release, which would be the perfect environment to listen to the album for the first time, but I don't think I could wait that long lol

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

Probably sit in my room and get high. I'm going to California a week after the release, which would be the perfect environment to listen to the album for the first time, but I don't think I could wait that long lol

Aw getting high would be a good idea but i can't do it alone cus i freak out and get all sketchy for some reason lmao, If it's a CD release then i might take my 90s CD player to the beach and sit there, Or if it's vinyl i'll just chill at home and try and make my bedroom all gothic and witchy or something :thumb2:

my first ultraviolence listen was with my boyfried he was driving and he throws the Cd out of window cause it was too deperessing and  he hates her i told him to stop and i run away walking  :facepalm:

my first ultraviolence listen was with my boyfried he was driving and he throws the Cd out of window cause it was too deperessing and  he hates her i told him to stop and i run away walking  :facepalm:

jesus christ what an asshole