Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I'm listening to the interview again. Why did Lana say she talked a lot about BAR when she never did? Shes never mentioned it

Maybe she means she talked about it a lot with her friends / producers. Unless she talked about it in an interview that hasn't been published yet

I'm listening to the interview again. Why did Lana say she talked a lot about BAR when she never did? Shes never mentioned it

Unless she's a member here, and was one of the people constantly posting about it  :hdu:

jk.

Maybe.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Video version has looped intro

Single has 7 seconds of silence at end

Album version cuts 7 seconds to help it flow into LFL more

Thank yaaa!

giphy.gif

When I listen to Groupie Love all I can think of is her fucking G-eazy at coachella

Also would love a Summer bummer music video rn

oh my god I can't un see it help

???, ?????????

I am just curious: I am the only one who does not listen to the songs or snippets?I heard Love and Lust for life of course, and once Woodstock in my mind, and that is all.

2ikzg5s.png

Yesterday I spent in 2min the money I've been saving since January and nothing ever felt so satisfying I got everything just take everything I have :oprah: And Groupie Love is in the top 5 at least best released Lana songs on all aspects there isn't a single weaker part in the damn song

ZKcaooE.png

Yesterday I spent in 2min the money I've been saving since January and nothing ever felt so satisfying I got everything just take everything I have :oprah: And Groupie Love is in the top 5 at least best released Lana songs on all aspects there isn't a single weaker part in the damn song

ANNE MY BABY

Seriously though Groupie Love is really one of the best songs ever made, I fucking love this new kind of sound and the beat is strong so even if the pace is sorta slow it doesn't feels at all boring like a certain album. The melody is stellar like Summer Bummer was my most hyped Lana song of all time but this just explodes it and the fact that it's with Rocky makes it even better. I just wish the chorus would go a bit higher exactly like in the prechorus or the way Rocky says "you are my babe" in the last chorus JESUS IT'S SO GOOD I CAN'T GET OVER IT

ZKcaooE.png

So glad i can sob on this album

I cried listening to groupie love with literal tears going down my neck

I dont know why. It sounds kinda happy but it feels so depressing to me

Most probably Lana"s mood. That again matches mine. I found my lust for life in some stuff but im still fucked up.

@

Nah sis, you're right. She mentions that it was "an intro."

"that was a song, again, that was supposed to be on the record [starts to laugh] as an intro-" then she gets cut off

I love the pause after he asks about Yosemite.

Damn wish she wasn't rushed into putting this out :( Wouldn't mind if it got delayed so she could think it out more because it's so obvious the Lust for Life that was supposed to be released on May 26 had a more thought out and cohesive tracklist/sound based on interviews and the album trailer. The LFL we're getting now is kind of like a messy hybrid of what it once was and last minute additions :( I'm surprised she says she's always conflicted about what tracks to put out till the last minute because every album up until this point sounds like it was very well thought out. Also confused because GL treads on BAR territory for me thematically so why not just keep it at that point :diva: Like individually, the songs are amazing but in context of the album, they don't flow at all. Like I'm not feeling the contrast between the political tracks and the love songs.

Also her new habit of rushing in the lyrics to fit the melody this era is :deadbanana:

Anyways, the concept of Roses Bloom for You as an intro actually sounds really cool and I wish we got to see it in action this era. Maybe she'll reuse or even rework it for the next album if she puts out Yosemite since they both have idyllic/optimistic themes if LDR6 heads in that direction.

alongside life is beautiful