Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

mercuryglobe.jpgmercury.jpg

this is the object in the vid.. tumblr_ontfnduCy01twrqvqo1_500.png

yes its more edited and cratered ... but its p clearly mercury its got some of the exact same craters

the second pic is very convincing. I think they just edited the brightness on it

tumblr_oz83mp1hxO1wc2gv3o1_500.png

OMG GAYS ! so i was doing a lil sleuthing.. this whole time I've been wondering what the moon icon in the "ingredients" could be from the teaser video.. so i looked into it.. mind you, i just finished astronomy class like last week! i realized.. that moon had a lot of craters for the moon... so i thought , hmm maybe its the back side of the moon.. aka "the dark side of the moon" .. but upon further inspection i realized , its not even the moon! its actually mercury!

considering that XO, Chimera, (the other two collabs) are record labels, i thought.. maybe this is another label! well i googled mercury record label and found this! (don't mind me copying and pasting from wikipedia)

"Mercury Records is an American-based record label owned by Universal Music Group. In the United States, it operates through Island Records; in the UK, it is distributed by Virgin EMI Records.

Since the separation of Island Records, Motown, Mercury Records, and Def Jam Recordings combining the Island Def Jam Music Group, Mercury Records has been placed under Island Records, although its back catalogue is still owned by The Island Def Jam Music Group."

"Major Mercury Records labels and operations worldwide[edit] Current[edit]

Mercury Records was relaunched in 2007 as a label under The Island Def Jam Music Group, appointing record executive David Massey as the President and CEO of the new venture.

This division of Mercury handles US distribution of most pre-1998 Polydor Records pop/rock releases currently under UMG control. There are some exceptions, however. Some artists based outside the US did not have their releases on Polydor in North America, signing to various other labels instead. Some of these bands, such as The Who, did sign to a label that also is now part of the UMG family (or later absorbed by such a label), hence those labels control US rights to these works (in the case of the Who, they had been on US Decca Records and MCA Records in the past, their pre-breakup catalogue is now on Geffen Records in North America)."

ALSO here is a list of artists were/are signed to mercury! including paul mcartney, ringo star, the who, hole(courtney loves old band), Van Morrison, Lionel Richie, and many more notable artist!! here is a link to a full list https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mercury_Records_artists

Rihanna CONFIRMED.

Any leads on the whisk?

i honestly just think it was for mixing all the ingredients together. connections to anything else would most likely require a huge reach, but i wouldn't say its off the table completely tbh 

UbsOye5.png

Any leads on the whisk?

i honestly just think it was for mixing all the ingredients together. connections to anything else would most likely require a huge reach, but i wouldn't say its off the table completely tbh 

Someone suggested the Whiskey A Go Go bar/nightclub, where lots of famous bands have started off. And if those other symbols are for collabs (XO, chimera music, mercury records), then this has got to be a possibility too, maybe just one person from one of the bands who started there: The Doors, Guns n Roses

Its a far reach but its all we've got other than just 'mixing'

Makes sense good thought! That galaxy is definitely Andromeda but not sure what that can relate to in music... unless it is being used as a symbol for space, but I doubt it's that broad!

Makes sense good thought! That galaxy is definitely Andromeda but not sure what that can relate to in music... unless it is being used as a symbol for space, but I doubt it's that broad!

if it's mercury records, why didnt she just put the logo out like XO and Chimera?

This is why im confused about Love being the Galaxy (which we know is Andromeda)

Someone suggested the Whiskey A Go Go bar/nightclub, where lots of famous bands have started off. And if those other symbols are for collabs (XO, chimera music, mercury records), then this has got to be a possibility too, maybe just one person from one of the bands who started there: The Doors, Guns n Roses

Its a far reach but its all we've got other than just 'mixing'

i'm pretty familiar with the whiskey a go go (former guns n roses stan here lol) but wouldn't it make more sense to use an actual whiskey bottle or their logo? i can't connect whisk to whiskey besides the spelling, it's not a connection most people would make either i think idk

i love her having us guessing about all the symbolism cause it's fun to see everyone's theories (i don't care if other people think it makes us look childish or whatever, why are you so insecure lmfao. if u don't wanna be associated with us then leave) but i really wish she would give us some more hints (or answers) soon :deadbanana:

UbsOye5.png

i'm pretty familiar with the whiskey a go go (former guns n roses stan here lol) but wouldn't it make more sense to use an actual whiskey bottle or their logo? i can't connect whisk to whiskey besides the spelling, it's not a connection most people would make either i think idk

i love her having us guessing about all the symbolism cause it's fun to see everyone's theories (i don't care if other people think it makes us look childish or whatever, why are you so insecure lmfao. if u don't wanna be associated with us then leave) but i really wish she would give us some more hints (or answers) soon :deadbanana:

Yeah, the director of the trailer said they WANT us to speculate  :brows:

i definitely see what you mean, a whiskey bottle would have been cooler too, but maybe its not even a thing  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But like why she just put discographies logos and The Andromeda? She's going to pull a Mariah Carey and release a album full of collabs or what?

:trisha: :trisha: :trisha: :trisha:

???, ?????????

Imagine Lana doing a collab with Rihanna omg :trisha:

Omg can I go waaaaayyy off topic right now since you brought up Rihanna? She is acting in the show Bates Motel right now which is fucking amazing imo and this seasons first or maybe second episode was titled Dark Paradise. I tried searching dark paradise for other things besides Lana but either google knows that if I'm searching for something it's probably Lana related OR there are no other references. The plot of the episode fits with the song so yeah. I didn't want to make a thread when the ep aired and didn't know where to bring it up but now I'm drunk so here we are

LIZARD PEOPLE