Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I think we are all missing the best part of any pre-release era......THE SNIPPETS :defeated: Obviously they typically come after a tracklist is unveiled but GOD that's my favorite time of any era. I remember hearing the Florida Kilos snippet for the first time and just tearing up  :icant:

OMG no !

Snippets are the cruelest way to create a hype around an album. I hate this. And it poisons the musical discovering.

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

apparently lana has a new song coming out called young and in love!!

you're welcome guys :oic:

*sips tea as i enjoy being the queen of leaks*

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I can't wait for the future number 1 hit single number 2 (Lust for Life feat. the Weeknd) to finally put the final nail in halsey's coffin and cement Lana's status as the only relevant musician to debut this decade

tumblr_mk8u7k63Ik1rtjjupo4_250.gif

SAME SIS IM CRYING gaga-tea.gif

i will love you until the end of time.

OMG GAYS ! so i was doing a lil sleuthing.. this whole time I've been wondering what the moon icon in the "ingredients" could be from the teaser video.. so i looked into it.. mind you, i just finished astronomy class like last week! i realized.. that moon had a lot of craters for the moon... so i thought , hmm maybe its the back side of the moon.. aka "the dark side of the moon" .. but upon further inspection i realized , its not even the moon! its actually mercury! 

considering that XO, Chimera, (the other two collabs) are record labels, i thought.. maybe this is another label! well i googled mercury record label and found this! (don't mind me copying and pasting from wikipedia) 

"Mercury Records is an American-based record label owned by Universal Music Group. In the United States, it operates through Island Records; in the UK, it is distributed by Virgin EMI Records.

Since the separation of Island RecordsMotown, Mercury Records, and Def Jam Recordings combining the Island Def Jam Music Group, Mercury Records has been placed under Island Records, although its back catalogue is still owned by The Island Def Jam Music Group." 

"Major Mercury Records labels and operations worldwide[edit] Current[edit]

Mercury Records was relaunched in 2007 as a label under The Island Def Jam Music Group, appointing record executive David Massey as the President and CEO of the new venture.

This division of Mercury handles US distribution of most pre-1998 Polydor Records pop/rock releases currently under UMG control. There are some exceptions, however. Some artists based outside the US did not have their releases on Polydor in North America, signing to various other labels instead. Some of these bands, such as The Who, did sign to a label that also is now part of the UMG family (or later absorbed by such a label), hence those labels control US rights to these works (in the case of the Who, they had been on US Decca Records and MCA Records in the past, their pre-breakup catalogue is now on Geffen Records in North America)." 

ALSO here is a list of artists were/are signed to mercury! including paul mcartney, ringo star, the who, hole(courtney loves old band), Van Morrison, Lionel Richie, and many more notable artist!! here is a link to a full list https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mercury_Records_artists

I THINK YOU JUST CRACKED THE CODE. I AM SHOOK!!!  :shock:

I definitely think the mercury sign is supposed to be about Hole/Courtney love

But also what if it's just about mercury the planet somehow? Or mythology? Like the title of a single or something.

How would Mercury be related to Courtney/Hole?

Edit: Just realised Hole was signed to MERCURY RECORDS.OMG fuuuuck

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I don't care about who she collabs with. I just need the damn tracklist. I want those TITLES. I want to read them over and over again until I memorize them all in order. I want to imagine which track is gonna be the best, which will be the worst, which will be repetitive and which will not even have the title in the lyrics. I want to know how many tracks will be there and if there will be a deluxe edition. I want to know if SR and BAR made it. I want to know what are the possible outtakes (if they register them). I want to know which one is Lana's favorite. 

Make it happen already please I'm begging  :defeated:

I don't care about who she collabs with. I just need the damn tracklist. I want those TITLES. I want to read them over and over again until I memorize them all in order. I want to imagine which track is gonna be the best, which will be the worst, which will be repetitive and which will not even have the title in the lyrics. I want to know how many tracks will be there and if there will be a deluxe edition. I want to know if SR and BAR made it. I want to know what are the possible outtakes (if they register them). I want to know which one is Lana's favorite. 

Make it happen already please I'm begging  :defeated:

not today fatty 

Galaxy: Love

XO: Lust For Life (feat. The Weeknd)

Chimera: Single (feat. Sean Lennon)

Mercury: Single (feat. Hole/Courtney Love)

Whisk: Album Release

Is this where everybody's getting at?

I just heard from inside reliable sources that the next single is due out tomorrow complete with music video. The music video apparently features Lana crusing through a 70's-looking Miami, singing and driving to meet her drug-addicted boyfriend whose seen in multiple cut-shots. The space-theme continues but everytime he's high, it intensifies. The single is due to be called "Pussy Pussy Pussy Marijuana" and releases directly after its VEVO Premiere at 4PM GMT.

I just heard from inside reliable sources that the next single is due out tomorrow complete with music video. The music video apparently features Lana crusing through a 70's-looking Miami, singing and driving to meet her drug-addicted boyfriend whose seen in multiple cut-shots. The space-theme continues but everytime he's high, it intensifies. The single is due to be called "Pussy Pussy Pussy Marijuana" and releases directly after its VEVO Premiere at 4PM GMT.

I'm not too familiar with other pop artists so I don't know if you're just fucking with us and this is a title track for someone else...

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Okay but........................................ that's actually a good video idea  :toofunny:

damn you for a second you had me

damn you for a second you had me

I'm a loser what inside sources am I gonna have? LMAO

die pls. :icant:

You can't blame me Lana's going back to her roots! The song is giving me major Playground vibes.