Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

A few weeks ago Blake posted a photo of Lana and him performing at SXSW and the caption was "incense and peppermints "

There is a song titled Insence and Peppermints by a psychedelic pop/rock band from the 1960/70s named Strawberry Alarm Clock. The song is in several pop culture movies such as Psych-Out, The Valley of the Dolls and Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery. It could obviously be a reach but the song is very centered around politics so I thought I'd at least point it out.

Here are the lyrics:

Good sense, innocence, cripplin' mankind

Dead kings, many things I can't define

Occasions, persuasions clutter your mind

Incense and peppermints, the color of time

Who cares what games we choose?

Little to win but nothin' to lose

Incense and peppermints, meaningless nouns

Turn on, tune in, turn your eyes around

Look at yourself, look at yourself, yeah, yeah

Look at yourself, look at yourself, yeah, yeah, yeah!

To divide this cockeyed world in two

Throw your pride to one side, it's the least you can do

Beatniks and politics, nothing is new

A yardstick for lunatics, one point of view

[instrumental break]

Incense and peppermints

Incense and peppermints

Sha la la

Sha la la

Sha la la

Sha la la

Sha la la

Some of you should get into creative writing, the amount of random bullshit some can create out of vague nothing information is a genuine talent.

It took about two minutes of googling a simple song lyric, and it was worth a thought. She's alluded to strawberries multiple times. I was simply pointing it out. No need for the hatred.

Honestly she wouldnt mention sunflowers and strawberries if they werent a part of this project so. And of course her track of release has led to overreaching assumptions, no need to attack people for their imagination. 

are we not allowed to have any fun at all? we all know it's not that deep like i don't think anyone is seriously invested in their theories, it's all lighthearted and fun and they said they wanted us to speculate anyways so????? like are we just supposed to not talk at all until she releases something or gives us news? lmao 

regardless of what anyone says i'm still gonna be excited every tuesday and new moon phase, not because i believe it's gonna happen (i have no opinion on it being real or not), but because it's FUN. it's something to do, and i love being excited for new stuff!! plus if it actually happens that'd be cool too lol. u all can stay pressed if u want but stop making other ppl feel bad for having a good time and finding something to do while we're waiting

this website is full of wet blankets  :crossed:

UbsOye5.png

are we not allowed to have any fun at all? we all know it's not that deep like i don't think anyone is seriously invested in their theories, it's all lighthearted and fun and they said they wanted us to speculate anyways so????? like are we just supposed to not talk at all until she releases something or gives us news? lmao

regardless of what anyone says i'm still gonna be excited every tuesday and new moon phase, not because i believe it's gonna happen (i have no opinion on it being real or not), but because it's FUN. it's something to do, and i love being excited for new stuff!! plus if it actually happens that'd be cool too lol. u all can stay pressed if u want but stop making other ppl feel bad for having a good time and finding something to do while we're waiting

this website is full of wet blankets :crossed:

No one told anyone to stop anything, calm down.

Based on your post you clearly find all the word vomit riveting and life changing, theres a shit ton of it on here so by all means enjoy, aint nobody getting in your way.

Honestly I don't know how the majority of you find it so hard to wait or have patience!! It's really not that difficult do you not have anything else going on to distract you

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

So idk if its been mentioned since i dont check this thread past the last page, but in the photo is the "Pink moon" and guess what's happening today? I mean it IS a Tuesday like you guys speculated... I could see us getting an announcement of some sort today and then learn more about whatever it may be in the new Paris Match Magazine article the following day (Wednesday)

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

So idk if its been mentioned since i dont check this thread past the last page, but in the photo is the "Pink moon" and guess what's happening today? I mean it IS a Tuesday like you guys speculated... I could see us getting an announcement of some sort today and then learn more about whatever it may be in the new Paris Match Magazine article the following day (Wednesday)

I will personally blame you if nothing happens today!

I think she'll put the album up tonight for pre-order with a new single.

thats too much 

tumblr_n5fth3ig6s1rpppaho1_500.gif

am ready for the meltdowns.

=========================

Tracklist is out :defeated:

Love is Track 10 

Lust is Track 9 w/o the Weeknd's feature tag

01 Blood

02 DNA

03 Yah

04 Element

05 Feel

06 Loyalty

07 Pride

08 Humble

09 Lust

10 Love

11 XXX

12 Fear

13 God

15 Duckworth

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9H8_PAUwAEMxzR.jpg

giphy.gif

A few weeks ago Blake posted a photo of Lana and him performing at SXSW and the caption was "incense and peppermints "

There is a song titled Insence and Peppermints by a psychedelic pop/rock band from the 1960/70s named Strawberry Alarm Clock. The song is in several pop culture movies such as Psych-Out, The Valley of the Dolls and Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery. It could obviously be a reach but the song is very centered around politics so I thought I'd at least point it out.

Here are the lyrics:

Incense and peppermints, meaningless nouns

Turn on, tune in, turn your eyes around

Look at yourself, look at yourself, yeah, yeah

Look at yourself, look at yourself, yeah, yeah, yeah!

To divide this cockeyed world in two

Throw your pride to one side, it's the least you can do

Beatniks and politics, nothing is new

A yardstick for lunatics, one point of view

[instrumental break]

Incense and peppermints

Incense and peppermints

Sha la la

Sha la la

Sha la la

Sha la la

Sha la la

I love your posts. Like, if she did a collab with either Sean or Yoko, it would be kinda cheesy if it was the Beatles song Strawberry Fields. Idk... Incense and Peppermints seems more plausible to me, plus it's more political/socially aware than Strawberry Fields.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven