Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

This is the biggest thing Lana has had in years so fuck off saying its a flop just because it doesn't align with your idea of a successful single!

qsVmBMd.png

Pitchfork: Do you want to be a pop star?

Caroline Polachek: If you mean pop star in the sense of playing ball with radio formats, no. But if you mean it in the sense of building a compelling world that I’m at the center of, that a lot of people are tuned into, then yes. Radio is so cutthroat, but I do feel like the music industry is structured so differently than it used to be. I’m amazed and in awe of artists who can build a parallel universe that’s so big and clearly defined that the mainstream finally has to pay attention. Lana Del Rey is a perfect example.

http://pitchfork.com/features/interview/10065-finished-business-an-exit-interview-with-chairlift/

Caroline is the next Lana??? Lol I'm so happy she referenced Lana!!!! It shows that she is getting the respect she deserves!

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

It will do whatever it will do anyway. No reason to be stressed out. Just because Abel is on there, it doesn't mean it will become a hit. And it will get the same treatment from her label, her other singles have gotten too. Abel also never pushed any of his songs with Lana, especially Prisoner, cause he knows she will not properly promote. He did this cause he is a friend and wanted to contribute to the song.

It will end up being another wasted chance however, I am not mad though. I appreciate the song for what it is, still lowkey hoping Interscope / Polydor will do the right moves.

I'll love the song regardless of how it does with the GP, but it would be so cool to see it do well on radio. I feel like it has the potential to do well.

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

As a scientist, I love seeing Lana root for science and show enthusiasm so often. I think everyone should be actively involved and caught up with scientific discoveries and the use of scientific knowledge every single day. It's great to see a celebrity doing that  :flutter:

As a scientist, I love seeing Lana root for science and show enthusiasm so often. I think everyone should be actively involved and caught up with scientific discoveries and the use of scientific knowledge every single day. It's great to see a celebrity doing that  :flutter:

Let's study anatomy together :hooker:

I've been getting into astronomy, and not really because of Lana. It's just crazy to think about all of these planets and stars and that you can actually see a lot of them with simple telescopes. I need one so I can look at saturn :defeated:

EotAQlJ.jpg