Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Goood morning. Interesting thing to wake up to :defeated:

Well imo it's better than lfl which I've only had the strength to listen to twice since it was released.

This one will get more listens out of me but wow what is up with the production?

LIZARD PEOPLE

lana said she made this album "for the fans" like? is she trying to make us kill ourselves out embarrassment for stanning her? my god this album is a mess

When it's out tomorrow I'm not even posting it on Facebook out of embarrassment

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I'm here just to ask wtf this new song is supposed to be

A bad representation of the problems between Kim Jong Un and Donald Trump?

shake it up, throw your hands up and get L O O S E 

Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind without the skips.

picosong.com/Muqy/

Okay now the quality is a little better...thank you for this :kiss:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I WANT EMILE. JUSTIN PARKER, JEFF BHASKER, CHRIS BRAIDE AND DAVID KAHNE BACKKKKKKKKK

Idk I feel like the reasons we're in this mess is bc some stans demanded the past (BTD sound) reoccur but the past is the past for a reason. Lana needs to work with a completely unexpected and spontaneous producer like what she did with Dan Auerbach.

LFL has so far been mediocre because it's market-researched and pandering (it's for the fans blah blah blah). That's the worst approach to create something artistically exciting.

dreaming away your life...

i guess the main issues are:

1)the beats and her vocal are off sometimes... they're not in sync...

2)her vocal and the instrumental stems sound not well-mixed together... it's like they're just putting two different stems together...

3)her breathing is a little bit too loud? they usually remove the breathing sound but this time they didnt

4)the drums and the instrumental dont mix well together... it would be better if the drums are taken away or the instrumental are more "luxurious" and "richer".

5)the lack of details (at least from my computer speakers)

ok after listening to the 4:18 ver

i still think it sounds weird in these lines:

"Tensions were rising over country lines"

"I'd give it all away / if you give me just one day / to ask Him one question"

"Doesn't take a genius to know what you've got going

and to not want to lose it cause they've lost their minds"

but it sounds so much better than the 4:15 version

maybe it just starts to grow on me :rip:

giphy.gif

This may sound dumb but if its on the album I don't like it. If its just a cute little extra bonus track/ not on the album at all I do like it lmao. I will reserve my full judgement until I have the full album in my hands but I don't think its awful.

That's a bad Lana's song, but it would be a good Halsey's song. Lana is way better than this, she can do better (UV and Honeymoon say hello). Lana is great, but it seems like she's lowering down her standards  

It's okay but words cannot describe how much i wish it had a different instrumentation. Everytime i hear it i just wish it had drums like in love, and a beautiful violin or something. The song just doesn't have that 'Lana del rey' feel to it at all. It sounds way too generic and basic for her. It's crazy to think this is the same person that made Off to the races, Born To Die, Shades of cool, music to watch boys to etc etc..

I always go back to thinking of her first album A.K.A... i mean that whole record has some seriously interesting and unique sounds, stuff i've really never heard before from any artist. And it takes me to magical places when i hear it. Because it's so fresh and creative.

But with this new song of hers, something is way off. It's like she didn't even make it. It feels like some low budget dj stole her vocals and lyrics and made this song.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e