Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

That's gross man. While I like to be level headed, I don't respect Saudi Arabia as a country too much. It actually hurts my heart that women can barely have hobbies and interests. It's so disgusting.

girl this country is a piece of shit.. no one should respect it..we have nothing, only the girls who have rich fathers can be living a regular life because they can move out and live out of this hell.. but regular girls/gays are living in hell

:smile3:

While I do understand the pros of releasing the album digitally first and physically a couple of weeks later, the thought just kinda annoys the shit out of me. Of course I'd always like to get the physical one on the release date but they really screwed up releasing Honeymoon on physical CD/vinyl here in Finland, for example. I got my Paradise box set and Ultraviolence box set right on time back when they were released, but with Honeymoon it took a week for me to find a physical CD - and that was from a record store company that has only a few stores around the country. And they had very limited stock amount of them at first, so I had to get my friend to get my copy bc luckily I was crossing one of those towns that had the record store and Honeymoon in stock.

After I had been going to these big hypermarkets in my town on a daily basis and after I had found out that possibly the biggest hypermarket chain in my country didn't know shit about the album nor when the physical copies would come out. Of course when I finally got to hold it and flip through the booklet and listen to the CD, it was all worth the wait. But if they're gonna release LFL physically a couple of weeks later and the retailers fuck it up again, my worst case scenario is getting the physical album a month after the digital release. Yeah, I know this is somewhat selfish thinking and some people have it worse, but anyone who prefers physical CD over digital release can probably relate to this at least on some level. I hope.

The same thing happened with ANTI and well, it being a Rihanna album, the delayed physical release actually even made it to the news lol. I got my ANTI from Amazon though and I got my copy before it came out here so I might just order LFL straight from Amazon this time too if it looks bad.

does that happen with the other artists?

what happned? 

nothing we got out of the subject for a moment but now we are in

noooo, don't worry its a matter of time

one day i'll move on and i'll get out of this shit.. i'm not miserable bc i've never tried another life before this is the only life that i lived so i have no idea how you and the others are living and how sweet life could be because in my deep down i thought this is the only life i tried and i have to use to it.. i don't know how freedom tastes like, i've never walked out in the street with a regular clothes or even my hair without a cover, they force us to wear something they call abaya (google it so you can know what is this ) we are not allowed to date.. but i know one day get out of this then I'll realize how miserable i was hahaha! but now im kinda fine ( maybe because the internet ) i really feel bad for gay people who are living here with me.. because killing them is totally fine due to our religion rules and of course nobody can say i'm gay.. it's a crime 

i feel so sorry for u sis come and live with me

hey_hey.jpg

girl this country is a piece of shit.. no one should respect it..we have nothing, only the girls who have rich fathers can be living a regular life because they can move out and live out of this hell.. but regular girls/gays are living in hell

Lust for Life: The Saudi Edition

"And what about all these girls?

And what about all the gays?"

@ Lana please save Saudi Arabia

But that sucks so bad. I really really feel for you. Would you ever be able to travel for her?

Lust for Life: The Saudi Edition

"And what about all these girls?

And what about all the gays?"

@ Lana please save Saudi Arabia

But that sucks so bad. I really really feel for you. Would you ever be able to travel for her?

Oh my god that would mean the world to me if she did it haha 

no, guys can travel without a permission when they become 21 years old, but women no.. they have to take a permission from their fathers and if he dies one of their uncles/ brothers.. this permission is connected with the government system.. i can't get out of the airport if my father's permission doesn't show up in the system.. and my father is a piece of shit so no.. but maybe if he's gone my brother will allow me because he's so kind, sadly my father is alive and breathing haha

Singles can be released after an album release though, right? Like I don't think even if Tomorrow Never Came is a single necessarily means the album won't come 26th? She could still release TNC as a single after her album is released? I mean, correct me if I'm wrong I just always thought singles can still be released after an album is released

yes it can be i think this happened with Brooklyn baby, right? as what i guess it will happen again with TNC

no, guys can travel without a permission when they become 21 years old, but women no.. they have to take a permission from their fathers and if he dies one of their uncles/ brothers.. this permission is connected with the government system.. i can't get out of the airport if my father's permission doesn't show up in the system.. and my father is a piece of shit so no.. but maybe if he's gone my brother will allow me because he's so kind, sadly my father is alive and breathing haha

Omg I knew about some of the things going on but this needing a male family member's permission to travel to the point that the airport knows if you've been granted it has shocked me. Girl I hope you're ok. Sending you love and hope you can get the new record <3

no, guys can travel without a permission when they become 21 years old, but women no.. they have to take a permission from their fathers and if he dies one of their uncles/ brothers.. this permission is connected with the government system.. i can't get out of the airport if my father's permission doesn't show up in the system.. and my father is a piece of shit so no.. but maybe if he's gone my brother will allow me because he's so kind, sadly my father is alive and breathing haha

yes it can be i think this happened with Brooklyn baby, right? as what i guess it will happen again with TNC

Not sure if this is an odd question, but why can't you listen to music? Is it a sin?

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

You know ya'll could actually just leave your houses and go to the store and pick up the Vinyl instead of sitting on you're asses waiting for it to be delivered to you :thumb3:

Come on gorls put some effort in

Vinyls go quickly. It's best to order it and wait for delivery.

Lana isnt Beyoncé, she's not surprise releasing it. And even if it was supposed to be a surprise everyone already knows the date so

Ehhhhhhhh. No preorder, no date said by her, no tracklist... this might as well be a surprise release.

giphy.gif

Not sure if this is an odd question, but why can't you listen to music? Is it a sin?

yes it is sin "haram" due to our religion.. it should be without drums/piano.. etc (acapella)  :toofunny:

Vinyls go quickly. It's best to order it and wait for delivery.

Ehhhhhhhh. No preorder, no date said by her, no tracklist... this might as well be a surprise release.

yeah but most of ppl already know about it so it wouldn't be a surprise

Yeah I thought so but wasn't sure! I definitely don't think the number of singles Lana intends to release will effect the release date of the album! 26th seems like a very likely date at this point

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

does that happen with the other artists?

nothing we got out of the subject for a moment but now we are in

well the funny thing is, nope - with some domestic artists yeah but not with foreign and internationally well known artists etc. Or at least Honeymoon and ANTI are the only cases that I'm aware of. Even lots and lots of Zayn's albums were sitting nicely on the shelves when I went to a grocery store on the release day and early in the morning. Okay there's no denying how popular 1D was but I still found it ridiculous, since imo his target audience (at least in my country) is mostly young kids or teenagers who are more into Spotify than buying CDs. And since then I've seen lots of those Zayn CDs gathering dust on those same shelves even with major discounts. 

And I'm gonna have to say that I didn't see your posts about the situation of things in your country until after I had posted my previous one and tbh I feel kinda guilty complaining about something like that when people have it a lot worse than I do. I'm lucky and I acknowledge myself being privileged to live in a country where things are quite good and equality in all forms is evolving step by step - same-sex marriages became legal a couple of months ago, though church ceremonies are still an issue. As much as this sounds like a cliche, I really hope that the whole world could evolve and equality could come to fruition all around. I'm rooting for you  :)

people keep dragging her bc of Coachella 

http://www.vanyaland.com/2017/05/16/new-sounds-lana-del-reys-coachella-woodstock-in-my-mind-should-stay-in-the-vip-tent/

i don't understand why even when she tries to please them they try to find a way to drag

like they used to drag her bc she doesn't pay attention to the society stuff, and when she does they also drag it

i also believe the producing of the song is so bad and trash, but the lyrics are so pure/ honest

poor lana

well the funny thing is, nope - with some domestic artists yeah but not with foreign and internationally well known artists etc. Or at least Honeymoon and ANTI are the only cases that I'm aware of. Even lots and lots of Zayn's albums were sitting nicely on the shelves when I went to a grocery store on the release day and early in the morning. 

this shit can affect on the sales too!!!!!!!

I love the lyrics of CWIMM, so I can forgive it's weak production.

i'm glad it's not on the album though

but omg i really hope we are getting a music video on friday

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

And I'm gonna have to say that I didn't see your posts about the situation of things in your country until after I had posted my previous one and tbh I feel kinda guilty complaining about something like that when people have it a lot worse than I do. I'm lucky and I acknowledge myself being privileged to live in a country where things are quite good and equality in all forms is evolving step by step - same-sex marriages became legal a couple of months ago, though church ceremonies are still an issue. As much as this sounds like a cliche, I really hope that the whole world could evolve and equality could come to fruition all around. I'm rooting for you  :)

don't be!!! and i really felt fine that we're getting out of my subject bc of the thread haha

and you're so lucky, all of you who are living a free life, wearing whatever you want.. and falling in love/ dating/ cuddling with your lovers or even going to some concerts you really should feel lucky, the last time i met my bf was 4 months ago even when we are living in the same city haha.. bc if the police catch us and knew that we are not married we will be in the jail (not kidding).. so yeah guys you are so lucky. appreciate your lives please!