Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

White Mustang and Cherry give me hope for the album, I hope both will be on there!

Cherry, White Mustang, and BAR L4L's trinity! Kind of how I felt about Homeymoons Religion, Salvatore, and TBD. Also hoping for RBFY too though. I should point out before somebody says something about basing judgements off of a snippet, this is all speculative/opinionative. Final decisions will be made at time record is released!

this is gonna be the equivalent of cat powers album Sun

musically messy but made in earnest, despite how disconnected such earnestness feels from the audience

compare "change" to "human being"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I6AGQ_L1KF8

Omg Sun had a collab with Iggy Pop. Lust For Life stole the title of one of his most iconic albums. mind = blown.  :hdu:  :hdu:  :hdu:

I AM MY ONLY GOD

am I the only one who isn't excited for Change?  :ohno:  I really liked Cherry and White Mustang tho 

i dont think anyone is excited for Change. i hope she changes her mind about it being on the album tbfh

All the roses are red, and Jupiter too 

i dont think anyone is excited for Change. i hope she changes her mind about it being on the album tbfh

LOL, don't come for me, but I felt that way about "Old Money," and I still don't get the hype over that song... But different strokes for different folks... I'm excited for anything she has to offer, though!

I'm actually excited to hear the full lyrics, I prefer it over White Mustang, especially if the chorus is just going to be "Your white mustang, your white mustang". The same for BAR, the chorus is a bit too long with "you did it all for fame" every second line. But BAR sounds amazing, so I forgive her. :hooker: I have a feeling that Change is more creative, lyrically wise.

But well, I'm excited to hear all her songs. I'm very supportive, I've only heard two songs of Lana so far that I really don't like.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Change sounds more common but I actually like it a lot so far. Her delivery is really earnest and the lyrics are rather simple, but evocative and refreshing coming from miss del rayy. Cherry, White Mustang, RBFY, meh - Pre-Auerbach gay ballads with pro-tool sounding instrumentals. Daisy Chains is fire I can feel it, I do like what playboi carti has been releasing lately so I am Hyped.

so.. the album is coming in about a month. are we gonna get a single before that to push the album or is it gonna be another dua lipa situation where we get singles years months before the album.

i76mrxw.png 

all the snippets so far haven't wowed me, but they've generated short term hype and intrigue. I don't wanna make any true opinions until I hear them in full, hell if some aren't on the album and replaced with better songs that's fine; I just want to hear the entire song and instrumentals (most instrumentals and bridge lets be real) jus my 2 cents