Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I love CD's and i'm probably gonna get the album on every possible kind of physical there is :creep: But my record player hooked up to my speakers sounds incredible :flutter: I can hook up my CD player to it but it doesn't sound as good:(

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I'm under the impression that everyone hates CDs? Umm..why? When half of you probs own a vinyl player lmao

In my case CD is the first priority, I got her all albums on vinyl as well but I don't have a player in my own apartment. Wouldn't mind if the possible box set had the vinyl as well so I could get both at once and wouldn't have to buy the vinyl later.

Edit: Oh and I love collecting CDs anyways :flutter:

can someone explain what's so bad about Godchella's production? sure, it's a bit unconventional.... don't get the hate for it tho, it does sound quite polished 

And the fact that Roachella's on the album doesn't bother you?  :toofunny:

The bridge makes up for the tragic verses  :flutter:

i hope the vinyl is released on the 21st too, i want to get it signed @ Lollapalooza

All the vinyl releases rn are backed the fuck up. We probably won't get it until aug-nov which sucks  :defeated:

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

can someone explain what's so bad about Godchella's production? sure, it's a bit unconventional.... don't get the hate for it tho, it does sound quite polished

I can't speak for everyone else, but my problem with the song is the lyrics rather than the production. The lyrics to the song are easily some of her worst. :rip:

Electra seems to be back, but where is @@annedauphine? I miss her, I hope she's ok.  :ohno:

Legends are eternal, I was away cause my mental health is too bad to sustain being 100% stanning Lana these days but I'm seeing her in 2 weeks and I'm shitting myself already wow

ZKcaooE.png

The beat and Lana's voice aren't even together at times.......

It's not as bad as people here claim it to be but it's still clearly not some of her best work. The fact that they admitted the production was rushed affects people's thoughts about it negatively as it already takes some time to get into. To me it sounds much like a demo, and when I was listening to it earlier today on repeat (after some time) my boyfriend actually walked in and asked which song it was because it sounded like a demo to him as well. I don't really know why they wanted to put it out so quickly when there wasn't really demand for it and the song isn't that attached to some certain timeline - well ok the North Korea thing but I think the lyrics are quite universal despite that. Now I didn't really even like her acapella video that much but maybe a more acoustic, some guitar sound would've worked better, idk.