Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

roachella is the worst song of all time. I think that's an indisputable fact

shape of you says hi 

tumblr_n5fth3ig6s1rpppaho1_500.gif

uhh this isnt good for lana or the album

"Playboi Carti was arrested following an altercation outside of Los Angeles International Airport on the night of July 6, according to TMZ. The rapper was reportedly charged with misdemeanor domestic battery after he allegedly pushed a woman as they were exiting the airport terminal before he “grabbed her backpack and forced her into an Uber.” Playboi Carti has since posted bail and has been released."

http://pitchfork.com/news/playboi-carti-arrested-for-domestic-battery-report/?mbid=social_twitter

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

"Playboi Carti was arrested following an altercation outside of Los Angeles International Airport on the night of July 6, according to TMZ. The rapper was reportedly charged with misdemeanor domestic battery after he allegedly pushed a woman as they were exiting the airport terminal before he “grabbed her backpack and forced her into an Uber.” Playboi Carti has since posted bail and has been released."

http://pitchfork.com/news/playboi-carti-arrested-for-domestic-battery-report/?mbid=social_twitter

It'll hardly affect the album...he's not exactly a household name and this will fly under the radar 

BzhmW.png

I think a big flaw in how many judge Lana's tracks comes from the fact that she's more concept with her albums than "one-track minded". I mean, damn, Honeymoon has some chill bops - but overall, you won't like some of those songs unless you focus on the work as a cumilative whole. 

I'm sure "Coachella"'s barebones hats and hooks seem "eh" on their own - but considering some of the heavy, wall-to-wall production we've got from the two singles, as well as the heaviness insinuated with "Cherry" and "White Mustang" - it's possible the "polished, light" nature of "Coachella" may come like a breather in an album that is otherwise "heavy". 

It'll hardly affect the album...he's not exactly a household name and this will fly under the radar 

sad. 

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

I'm sure "Coachella"'s barebones hats and hooks seem "eh" on their own - but considering some of the heavy, wall-to-wall production we've got from the two singles, as well as the heaviness insinuated with "Cherry" and "White Mustang" - it's possible the "polished, light" nature of "Coachella" may come like a breather in an album that is otherwise "heavy".

The only reason Roachella is a breather is cause I'm skipping it when I've downloaded LFL

nF70D0F.png

The truth is that i'm Lana, rn i'm in vacation in Brazil while you ungrateful/inpatient cunts keep complaining about the beautiful/subversive work of art that Coachella is and the fuckin cover art.

Swallow it up gays, the cover will be the one that Chuck photographed and there's no Yosemite on the album nor deluxe edition - I prefer to keep this one to myself and only teased about it to make you all thirsty - 

:kiss:

original.gif

Honestly probably wouldn't have as much of a problem with CWIMM if I didn't hear that beautiful snippet she posted in the woods, the one that caused me to fantasize about how the finished track would sound, something a little dark but pensive and emotional. It felt like it could have been a mature ballad about fame and politics, her changing ambitions from trying to cement herself as a legend to being more aware of the world around her, spirituality and what that means to her, being both hopeful and feeling kind of helpless about all the chaos in the world, etc. It just felt like there were a lot of place she could have taken it--and she has come through in the past with being able to invoke a lot of different ideas/images while tying everything together in a cohesive whole.

Instead, way too much of it is about Father John Misty's set, the words to birds thing feels well-intentioned but kind of an easy cop out when trying to address complicated real world issues, the production is a mess for the most part and doesn't seem to even be going along with the song and melody, and she sounds incredibly bored when singing the majority of the track. And yes, that style of singing has worked a lot in the past when it felt deliberate and added extra layers to the story on the song, sometimes almost feeling like a commentary on modern life/her subject matters, but here it just feels like she was over it before they hit record. 

That being said, writing about politics in songs is a very hard thing to get right, and I do think she genuinely was being sincere (as opposed to just following the "woke" trend that is kind of happening in pop culture right now), and it's cool she wants to branch out, but that doesn't mean she is exempt from any criticism. 

TMZ is a fake-news Trump go-to propaganda that can't decide whch it hates worse- blacks or women.

(doesn't mean their stories are necessarily fake, but their slant is most obvious (same these days with deadline Hollywood.

Propaganda

Have no comment on carti incident as I haven't seen other (good) source on it to comment

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

THIS is not good....

i have a bad feeling about this

The summers hot and i've been cold without you... watch me: https://www.youtube.com/thisisruskoatqq1.jpg

Playboi Carti can go and fuck himself. I hope someone makes a Summer Bummer edit without him in it.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven