Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I just wished all the songs we’ve got so far had an instrumental intro to it, so far all the songs start straight with her voice. That was the beauty of Ultraviolence :icant:

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

So I didn't read through all of those last ten million pages because I actually have a life, but I stayed up until 2 am last night listening to that radio premiere and the new songs, as well as witnessing your meltdowns haha.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE both Summer Bummer and Groupie Love. Wasn't too hyped for Summer Bummer but it turned out to be amazing in the end. It's more haunting than I expected, which is a nice touch, especially with Lana's siren-esque vocals in the background. It's such a dark, intriguing song and the piano in the background is one of my fave elements of it.

Groupie Love is probably the better of the two in my personal opinion. (Although I will have to listen to them both a bit more before I can truly decide). I agree with the JFK vibe some of y'all got - I didn't hear it upon first listen but now I can't unhear it. 

As for Yosemite not being on the album, yes, it's a bit annoying that she kept talking about it when she wasn't putting it on the album, but it's honestly kind of hard for me to be truly disappointed because we haven't actually heard it yet, so I can deal with not having it. Unfortunately I can't exactly say the same about Roses Bloom For You and Architecture, which I thought would have been perfect on the record, but whatever, I suppose there was no practical way to release 18+ songs.

ktoYdsQ.gif

So for the moment I'm just happy we're getting new music and finally this era is alive and breathing!!! Woo!!!

Anyway, maybe she'll put those tracks on another record or release them in some other way (or they might leak at some point  :hooker: )

Finally listened to Summer Bummer & Groupie Love :crossed: .

I'm okay with Summer Bummer but I do like Groupie Love. However like the title track LFL these songs have little replay value. The shelf lives of these songs are going to age like a carton of milk. :derpna:

In 5 years time we'll all still be talking about BTD, West Coast, UV and some HM songs. None of us however will remember the LFL tracks fondly (or even at all).  :um3:  

dreaming away your life...

Had a crazy hectic day today, and at first listen, I was like, wtf is this for Summer Bummer, where's the vocal from the snippet? But as your day just winds down a bit and you get to think a bit clearer, the album version is just :cumming: 

Groupie Love was love at first listen, Lana's back on it. 

I'm glad everything's just been working out so smoothly atm, except for the autographed vinyls  :crai: , but we've gotten 2 tracks blissful, a tracklist, and the pre-order all at once, just as promised. 

Yeah I wanna know if a UO version exists, but right now, it's all good. I love the clear vinyl that she and her team decided to go with.

UV/Honeymoon

Finally listened to Summer Bummer & Groupie Love :crossed: .

I'm okay with Summer Bummer but I do like Groupie Love. However like the title track LFL these songs have little replay value. The shelf lives of these songs are going to age like a carton of milk. :derpna:

In 5 years time we'll all still be talking about BTD, West Coast, UV and some HM songs. None of us however will remember the LFL tracks fondly (or even at all).  :um3:

Speak for yourself, I love the 2 new songs and will love them for a long time. Same with Love. Lfl the song on the other hand, I hate and Coachella is obviously bad. 3 out of 5 are amazing for me and cherry will be as well and it sounds to me like there are going to be some iconic songs that we haven't heard yet (WTWWAWWKD, white mustang)

LIZARD PEOPLE

Ya’ll are delusional stressing over songs you’ve never heard. Lana has an entire album coming out in less than 10 days and all half of you care about is Worst American Record and Yosemite. If it’s good enough and it truly was her favorite, we’ll hear it eventually. 

No :( I want to see it

UR KIDDING

Okay ladies, i'm on vacation tomorrow so i won't be posting much (or at all) until i get back on the 21st. So see you on the other side girlies. 8 more days until the record drops, so excited!! Wish i could share the moments here more often but nvm. Adios!! :hae: :kiss: :kiss3: xoxo

I'm on vacation too! I'm trying hard to keep up with everyone here. Thank god I have wifi lol

I come back the 20th, just in time for the LFL release :angie:

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

Finally listened to Summer Bummer & Groupie Love :crossed: .

In 5 years time we'll all still be talking about BTD, West Coast, UV and some HM songs. None of us however will remember the LFL tracks fondly (or even at all). :um3:

Ummmm we haven't even heard half of the album so this comment is irrelevant

And plus, for me... Love is already an iconic song from Lana. Her voice, and the melody and lyrics already make it amazing

Ya’ll are delusional stressing over songs you’ve never heard. Lana has an entire album coming out in less than 10 days and all half of you care about is Worst American Record and Yosemite. If it’s good enough and it truly was her favorite, we’ll hear it eventually. 

fun fact: this is an open discussion board, not everything said on here you'll like- but sometimes theres no point in preaching to the void. BAR was shoddy at best to make the record but Yosemite was rightfully mourned after being hyped for so long.

Let people live and have fun, it hasn't even been 12 hours since the release of the two songs. would you rather people keep discussing the same empty shit news and basic hype we've been going on for; or just let people express their opinions and discuss all the news we've received today? Keep your delusional opinion to yourself

fun fact: this is an open discussion board, not everything said on here you'll like- but sometimes theres no point in preaching to the void. BAR was shoddy at best to make the record but Yosemite was rightfully mourned after being hyped for so long.

Let people live and have fun, it hasn't even been 12 hours since the release of the two songs. would you rather people keep discussing the same empty shit news and basic hype we've been going on for; or just let people express their opinions and discuss all the news we've received today? Keep your delusional opinion to yourself

WHEW SCALP FLEW FARTHER THAN IT DID WITH THE NEW SONGS

giphy.gif

lana said Change is the last song she wrote thats on the album, even after Coachella? i hope its production is better

well change snippets were fucking awful so dont expect anything more than a piano ballad