Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Wow so I came here to post about my fave songs but as I started listening them I realized that almost every song on the album was on the list  :toofunny:

So I'm going to try and rank them (although this will definitely have to constantly be shuffled as different songs grow on me)

1. Get Free
  2. When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing
  3. Cherry
  4. Love
  5. Change
  6. Tomorrow Never Came
  7. 13 Beaches
  8. Heroin
  9. Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
  10. God Bless America - And All the Beautiful Women In It
  11. Groupie Love
  12. Summer Bummer
  13. Lust for Life
  14. White Mustang
  15. In My Feelings
  16. Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind

Tbh, I'm not feeling 'In My Feelings' even though it seems to be one of the faves on here, the vocals sound a bit messily produced to me but idk, but it's still an AMAZING song overall.

My overall highlights on the album:

Get Free was definitely my fave song overall, I LOVE the throwback to Ride, I love the beach sounds at the end, I love the almost ABBA-esque feeling to it, I love the "out of the black, into the blue" parts, I love the message, I love her vocals, I love the production. Everything is perfectly in place with this song and it makes me so happy!

I absolutely loved the high vocals in WTWWAWWKD - this is probably the vocal highlight on the whole album for me.

Cherry is iconic and I love the "bitch" and "fuck" parts, they make the song 1000 times better

The feminist anthem God Bless America slayed my life and all the subtle political messages on the album are great as well, since they don't feel forced to me at all (which I was admittedly a little worried about) and overall it's quite a positive message in a time of political despair for many.

I remember loving the melodies in 13 Beaches and Heroin, and I love the features with Sean and Stevie Nicks, both their voices merge really nicely with Lana's.

I got literal chills listening to Change, the piano with just her voice is beautiful, and I absolutely loved the way the backing instrumentals stop when she says "I can taste it turning sour" and there's like this coin dropping sound in the background then the piano starts up again and I thought that was a nice little touch.

Overall it's a fantastic album imo and I can't wait to listen to this more, every song is carefully crafted and the production is varied enough to keep it interesting. I think the second half of the album is the standout for me (apart from a couple of tracks like Love and Cherry which are amazing). 

Not going to lie, some of the lyrics are a tad sloppy for me but then there are moments like on Get Free where the lyrics are SPOT ON and absolutely brilliant and meaningful that I can ignore the few lyrical mishaps here and there (mainly on the first half)

I think grandparents are typically the most stubborn people when it comes to accepting gay grandchildren. Try to not feel bad about it. Maybe he isn't a bad man after all, it's just that people of his generation weren't taught how to be more accepting, they were taught how to follow the rules and traditions (created by even older people or religions) and being gay is typically considered against those rules. I'm sorry that happened to you and maybe I'm saying things that are a little bit obvious but it hits me hard when that kind of things happen, specially when I'm living in a country were masculinity is kind of a big deal (Mexico), so I wanted to say something. Anyway, the album is so close so let's focus on that (and this was a little off topic so I hope Elle doesn't get mad at me lol) :D

Thank you for taking the time to type this. It means so much to me that you (and everyone else) understands. So much love in this forum the past few days. xoxoxoxo

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

Wow so I came here to post about my fave songs but as I started listening them I realized that almost every song on the album was on the list  :toofunny:

So I'm going to try and rank them (although this will definitely have to constantly be shuffled as different songs grow on me)

• Get Free
  • When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing
  • Cherry
  • Love
  • Change
  • Tomorrow Never Came
  • 13 Beaches
  • Heroin
  • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
  • God Bless America - And All the Beautiful Women In It
  • Groupie Love
  • Summer Bummer
  • White Mustang
  • In My Feelings
  • Lust for Life
  • Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind

Are there any iconic moments? Like the high note in Cola or the moan in Serial Killer????

remember when some ppl thought a snippet of this song is a new Gaga moment?

Heroin's chorus kinda sounds like this song imo, I immediately had to think of it

Ranking:

1.) Get Free
2.) Change

3.) God Bless America

4.) 13 Beaches

5.) Lust for Life

6.) Groupie Love

7.) Cherry

8.) Love

9.) Summer Bummer

10.) Tomorrow Never Came

11.) Heroin

12.) When The World Was At War

13.) In My Feelings

14.) White Mustang

15.) Beautiful People

16.) Coachella

NOT MY MOST ANTICIPATED COLLAB BEING THE 2ND WORST SONG ON THE ALBUM AAAAAAAAAH

image.png

WTWWAWWKD. :defeated: :defeated: :defeated:

13 Beaches SNATCHED.

That's all I've listened to so far, so awesome.

13B is giving me like Sarah McLachlan and Dido feels. I love it!

13 beaches is the best song on the record i don't care about the other onesoh also beautiful people beautiful problems

It's one of the only ones I've listened to and it is phenomenal! Wow. Great vibe and atmosphere. I think it will be one of my favorites for sure. Probably out of all of her songs tbh.

I had meant 13B. I haven't listened to the other yet!

It's one of the only ones I've listened to and it is phenomenal! Wow. Great vibe and atmosphere. I think it will be one of my favorites for sure. Probably out of all of her songs tbh.

Is it a ballad? Any similar songs to it?

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Are there any iconic moments? Like the high note in Cola or the moan in Serial Killer????

the GBA chorus is iconic in itself

it's a bop, not a ballad. It's pretty unique imo

image.png

All these high register vocals on this album! Wow, I love this side of Lana so much. She sounds so great! The b*tch in Cherry lol, yes.

It's slower but it has a great groove. It is amazing! It is very unique. I agree with Lona. For some reason I'm getting Sarah M Fallen meets Dido Here with Me vibes but much more unique and Lana than that. It is one of my favorites, easily!