Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I have just listened to the whole thing again and I cried again.

Heroin, Change and Get Free mean so much to me, and this leak album couldn't come at a better time.

Been trying to be sober for months now, relapsed a couple of time but I've been sober again, and this time I feel stronger than ever! Listening to Heroin, Change and Get Free really brings me to tears reflecting on my desire to change. 

Lord and Lana, guide me!!!!  :crying5:  :crying5:  :crying5:

nF70D0F.png

I am having such an emotional response to parts of this record. Change, in particular, really resonates with me. "Maybe by the time summer's done I'll be able to be..." hits me so hard. I just permanently moved to California from New Jersey (east to west coast) by myself at 19 and I'm at such a transitional point in my life & I can feel Lana is there too. I can just tell we both are doing all these things to make us happy but it's still not in our grasps and it feels like we've gotten as far as we can get. It's all so confusing and scary but at the same time hopeful. 

Heroin is another song that really resonates with me (and tons of you I think) because I can just feel the emotion in the song. It's one of my favorite songs she has ever released, to be honest. I almost cried when I first heard it. Especially living in California and being in the places she talks about in the song, I can just feel the lyrics she sings behind the beautiful desert-like production. 

So, I just wanted to come on here and say thank you for going on this crazy LFL era ride with me, I'm so happy to have found people with a similar musical passion to me here and I am happy we are enjoying this record, albeit early because we are spoiled fans who know no boundaries lol jk y'all love you. I also just want to say that I hope y'all found a song that hits you as hard as Change hits me. It feels good to know that I'm going through this ambiguous & transitional & confusing period of my life with my favorite artist. It makes me feel less lonely <3  

I have been here on this forum since it's founding and was on the .fm forum as well. I have watched fans come and go and bash every album with vitriol and disappointment.

Never did I get it. Never did I understand how one could be so disappointed in a Lana album.

Until I listened to Lust for Life.

I am beyond shook at my own disappointment. I can't even believe this. I'm... horrified. Someone help me. I have never been in this situation before. Am I crazy? It's not even that "The album isn't what I expected" because honestly, her albums rarely are for me-- but I love them nonetheless. But this is literally brand new territory. I'm literally blown away that I found MORE songs on this album that I literally *DIDN'T LIKE* than songs I did. 

The *only* other time I've ever even heard a Lana song on an album that I just didn't like before at all was "Guns & Roses." And now it's like.... Literally half of the new album?????????? I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS. 

I have read so many annoying negative "reviews" of Lana albums from fans over the years. And I've always rolled my eyes at them feeling like "Don't you get it? Where she's going?" And like... This is the first time where I am totally lost. And honestly, I think she is too. 

This album literally *sounds* confused to me. Lyrically, sonically, and definitely visually. There is no doubt in my mind that up until a few weeks ago this was a wildly different album. The mixing has been changing up until the vinyl printing (she said in an interview). We can see proof of that in the fact that there's different mixes for Love and Summer Bummer that have been officially released in some capacity (radio, singles, music videos, etc). 

I'M SO SHOOK WHATS HAPPENINGNGNGNGN!??!?! 

RAxU71Z.gif

???, ?????????