Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Ive done and read through the pages, and all I can say is woooow. Might be best to take off for a week while this is all boiling over :yikes:

I went out for two hours, and I walked around a local park to get some air. I can recommend doing the same to all of you. We're all kind of frustrated, and there's not much to really say at the moment.  

"it's coming you little bitch" - classy Lana

Haha I knew y'all would bring that up, that's why I made sure to specify "fans who deserve it". I appreciate sassy Lana, but this seems is a new level of not giving a fuck to me :/ 

photo.jpglanadelrey-1jpg.jpgphoto.jpg

Haha I knew y'all would bring that up, that's why I made sure to specify "fans who deserve it". I appreciate sassy Lana, but this seems is a new level of not giving a fuck to me :/ 

The girl who commented on the Tropico trailer was not a hater, she was just whiney lil bitch bugging about the release delay... just like y'all  :awkney:  ironic

Omg some of you people should be ashamed....I'm assuming it's mostly the younger crowd being this way?

If you're an adult and acting this way, I feel so sorry for you...there's no excuse for harassing people (and it makes no sense because we have a release date....)

The album ain't coming til July. Get the fuck over and act like an adult. The majority of this forum can be so embarrassing.

Honestly seeing these posts is making me cringe. You can't even read through the thread to see if there's fucking updates because some members insist on shitposting 10+ pages in a row....or links to shitty artists songs...or shitposting gifs.

So much spam that you can read the threads. Might as well just follow the Tumblr tag and sift through the bullshit on there

The girl who commented on the Tropico trailer was not a hater, she was just whiney lil bitch bugging about the release delay... just like y'all  :awkney:  ironic

you're saying this like you haven't complained about it.....Ironic

15qvk9k.jpg

and i will not tolerate allie x slander in this damn thread.

I lowkey think we kinda deserve the snark Ben is giving us now.

There's really no reason to bug him on his personal instagram OR LEAK HIS ARTISTS' MUSIC on it...

And if Lana gives us a finger, we deserve that too. x_x Though I don't even think it was aimed at us.

giphy.gif

Ultraviolence was authentic. I want an Ultraviolence-style album. Not in tone but like...in complexity(?). Complexity isn't the right word, though. Or an album with the sound of Music To Watch Boys To.

It was authentic. But if she would recreate Ultraviolence today, it would not be authentic. Her creative process is undoubtedly influenced by her emotions and outlook on life, two things that she herself has admitted have changed. In fact, she said UV was reactionary to the media attention she was receiving. But she's no longer in the same headspace as she was while creating BTD & UV so hoping for a rehash is kinda fruitless. :oprah3:

you're saying this like you haven't complained about it.....Ironic

15qvk9k.jpg

and i will not tolerate allie x slander in this damn thread.

The irony is that I snapped about Lipsters snapping and making Ben snap

I had to go back what felt like 100 pages to see what Ben had said - I can't help but to feel sorry for him, he seemed really frustrated... but yes, you can let your frustration be known without sounding so angry. That last line felt unnecessary to me...

But I guess fans have been nagging a bit too much in him. I suppose I would lose my cool too. :/

I'm just glad we finally got the correct release date, now I can (try to) focus on my exams instead. :)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

It was authentic. But if she would recreate Ultraviolence today, it would not be authentic. Her creative process is undoubtedly influenced by her emotions and outlook on life, two things that she herself has admitted have changed. In fact, she said UV was reactionary to the media attention she was receiving. But she's no longer in the same headspace as she was while creating BTD & UV so hoping for a rehash is kinda fruitless. :oprah3:

I don't want an Ultraviolence rehash per se. I found a way to describe it now: I want her to work with other producers who can push her and influence her sound. Like, Dan Auerbach made Ultraviolence a classic.

I want her to work with other producers who can push that level of music out of her. Like, it would be cool if she worked with the guys from Tame Impala, or Stuart Price, or Jake Shears. I want a producer who will push her and give input, etc. I feel like some of the people she usually works with don't push her the way she could be.

giphy.gif

i really just want lana to be happy i really do i love her so so much so is she wants to delay the album fine we will wait and shut up 

tumblr_n5fth3ig6s1rpppaho1_500.gif

i really just want lana to be happy i really do i love her so so much so is she wants to delay the album fine we will wait and shut up

Even though she said the album is for us, I also feel like this is just as much for her. I think she really enjoys recording songs with others and feels happy with having them on her album.

So I wouldn't worry, I'm quite sure that Lana is the happiest right now. This is a new experience for her as well, I think. :)

And, off topic, yas "Blackest Day" instrumental is my favorite to listen to... SO good!! Has anyone tried to speed it up too? It sounds totally different then..!

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png