Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Mess. Maybe because at the end of the day it’s just music and there’s no need to keep it confidential like it’s the cure for cancer. Grow up, she seems excited about sharing and releasing the album for the first time.

she actually seems really happy and like she can't wait to release her stuff just like we can't wait for her to release it. i'm sure she was emotionally ready to release last month and this is how she's coping while finishing up the album? 

Lana please stop. It's so obvious that you're not in a happy place. Wtf are you doing?

These snippets are just further diminishing the album. I refuse to listen to them. I cannot believe that she's leaking her own stuff through instagram, in her car. It seems so careless. Other artists are presenting their inferior music to the whole world meanwhile our Lana is leaking her own music on instagram. She seems to be yet again in meltdown mode... What was the reason for what she delayed the release until July 21th?! At least HM was a quick, straightforward depressive release that matched the album's vibe, this era is just a mess...

They're just snippets, relax.

The Born to Die video car is a White 1969 Mustang Mach 1. I mean she's obviously is doing references of her fisrt record on this one, but could this mean anything else?

What I thought of:

She dies due to the car crash in the video "Everyone says you're a killer"

She runs towards Bradley and his car "The day I saw your White Mustang"

Get your conclusions fam

lana-del-ray-born-to-die-1969-01.JPG

lana-del-ray-born-to-die-1969-02.JPG

lana-del-ray-born-to-die-1969-04.JPG

lana-del-ray-born-to-die-1969-03.JPG

The way that a lot of this era seems to be a kind of flip from the Born to Die era (Born to Die/Lust for Life, Lana being very mysterious and cryptic in BTD interviews/Lana being honest and open, sounding fairly sad in a lot of interviews/in a good place, always going to be writing about "the same goddamn guy"/talking about feeling like she's grown up and doesn't want to be in toxic love relationships anymore), and, since all of the lyrics reference the past tense, it makes me wonder if WM will be some sort of farewell to the man behind a lot of the BTD songs and/or the events that the album is based on and framing that around a guy and a relationship. Like some sort of "I'll always have love for you but I don't want to look for you in other people anymore" type thing?

Sharing snippets of her music has hardly anything to do with her mental health, she seems excited for the record if anything and just likes to tease us because she knows some of us are just about to die to get it already - and she probably wants it out already too but it's obviously not that simple. Also I wouldn't call sharing some snippets from her own will leaking...

I love how she's teasing us after being basically mute for a couple of months, though frankly I'd be better with a full song or two since hearing these medium quality snippets where you can only hear her vocals clearly (and that's not even the case with Daisy Chains for me tbh) doesn't quite do the trick for me. Hell, even when those Ultraviolence snippets first came out they didn't do anything for me (well, except for Brooklyn Baby in the trailer) but ever since I got to hear the full album it's been by far my most favorite album of hers to this date. That said I'm still okay with her sharing these snippets from her car, as we'll most likely get at least one full song before the album comes out. 

And as much as I too am hoping for a preorder and tracklist to come soon, the record coming available for preorder right now at some places doesn't mean we're getting an official preorder announcement and tracklist from her team just yet, considering how it's been available for preorder for over a month in some countries. Unless she proves me wrong with these strawberry moon theories - and if she doesn't, let's just wait another 10 days or so and the announcement will be much more realistic by then as the record is only a month away.  :party:

Matt_mcgorry_stripper_cop5.gif

giphy.gif

7M5ve.gif

Omg the new song yasss queen fuck me up!!!! It has to be part of the acoustic side of the record. It sounds sooo beautiful :defeated:

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

If Lana drops a single in the next week I'll recreate that iconic video of that boy falling over wearing cups on his feet doing some interpretative dance bullshit to dark paradise

YOU GUYS MUST CHECK THIS OUT!!!

She sounds almost identical  to Lana and the song is AMAZING. :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:

Mh. No

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

She sounds almost identical  to Lana and the song is AMAZING. :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:

suddenly im deaf ??

in all seriousness tho the harmonies (post-verbal) sound vaguely similar, but her singing voice I don't see; n its a cute song but nothing too special imo

White Mustang sounds super bland... hope I'm wrong!

I actually love this O.o I usually hate anyone described as 'like Lana'. Burning cities and Napalm skies. So pretty. She may even deserve her own thread. 

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

I wonder if it'll be a different guy riding in the White Mustang.

I want to see Lana driving the car and then see her run over Fran. :thumb:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Lana please stop. It's so obvious that you're not in a happy place. Wtf are you doing?

These snippets are just further diminishing the album. I refuse to listen to them. I cannot believe that she's leaking her own stuff through instagram, in her car. It seems so careless. Other artists are presenting their inferior music to the whole world meanwhile our Lana is leaking her own music on instagram. She seems to be yet again in meltdown mode... What was the reason for what she delayed the release until July 21th?! At least HM was a quick, straightforward depressive release that matched the album's vibe, this era is just a mess...

Log off and when the album is released, don't listen to it. Simple :)

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif