Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

BTD, UV and HM for me all have a specific vibe/soul that is so clear and well constructed. I feel everything.

With LFL... i cant connect with anything besides Love. I just dont feel it. I wish i could.

There is substance, but it lacks perfume/taste. Ya get me? Honeymoon is soft italiano icecream with xanax, UV is a cocaine dark hit, BTD a deep personal americana cherry pie

LFL is the stage where she's prescribed antidepressants but the doctor is still testing & fine-tuning the dosage. it's all over the place but still contained in a rather shallow and lightweight scope. 

to me it also feels like a kind of epilogue to her previous albums. btd, uv & hm almost kind of exist in a fantasy world, but LFL sees lana being removed from this world and retrospectively reflecting on it from a dulled perspective.

It's depressing to even think about this era, we are one more month away from it's release and still no official announcement. "JULY 21ST FAM" That's a joke, is she messing with us?

She's been sharing some snippets, ok! But at least she could put out more music instead of teasing us

Snippets became some kind of torture 

This exactly what I've said earlier!!! this album roll-out is complete joke!!  

WORST ALBUM CAMPAIGN EVER!!

I'm just hoping the songs make-up for this messy era  :facepalm:  :toofunny:

yFSfc8m.jpg

LFL is the stage where she's prescribed antidepressants but the doctor is still testing & fine-tuning the dosage. it's all over the place but still contained in a rather shallow and lightweight scope. 

to me it also feels like a kind of epilogue to her previous albums. btd, uv & hm almost kind of exist in a fantasy world, but LFL sees lana being removed from this world and retrospectively reflecting on it from a dulled perspective.

As a person who has been on antidepressants and any small adjustment causes a shit show... 

I almost wonder if this literally is what happened. When she started the album, she was on a high and things were working. But maybe something changed and she's not as happy or she's more dulled (not in a dumb sense, just an emotional one). 

She doesn't seem enthusiastic about the album anymore. And neither am I, really. Fans feed off of the energy of who they stan. 

I feel like we might not even get another single. :crai:

this is more likely than actually getting a 3rd single I guess  :biblio:

Girl needs to drop the preorder, tracklist, format info etc tomorrow. Didn't they do it with Honeymoon on a Friday too?

My hope is definitely not dead at least yet but I've already had enough of the boredom this era, if not else we should get at least a new article on her with some new track information or something like that. I don't necessarily need another photoshoot but it would be nice if we had something concrete to talk about for a couple of days, if you know what I mean. An alternative option is dropping one of her homemade videos for a new song and an official release to go with it. She dropped the audio video for Honeymoon long before it was announced to be a promo single so they could at least do that. Though at this point the most realistic chance of getting a new track would be instant download when you preorder the album on iTunes or such. I'm really hoping for one  :poordat:

I'm pretty sure this is the wrong place to be putting this, but I just changed my username to @delreyfreak to match with my Instagram page of the same name (shameless self-promotion, I know) and I am extremely happy! I've been meaning to do this for a while (ever since Lana revealed that the lyric in Salvatore was "calciatore" not "cacciatore"  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny: ). 

Felt like I needed to let everyone know lol (even though no one probably cares  :rip: )

We care  :heart:

You're a great member  :hawt:

okay so Melodrama leaked online today, & although it's very upbeat, every song has EXACTLY the same vibe & feel! (maybe in the name of a cohesive sound)

well, atleast from Lust For Life we are gonna get a variety of styles & a mosaic of soundscape.

okay so Melodrama leaked online today, & although it's very upbeat, every song has EXACTLY the same vibe! (maybe in the name of a cohesive sound)

Well, atleast from Lust For Life we are gonna get a variety of styles & a mosaic of soundscape.

This could really go two ways, though. 

I love variety and diversity in music. But what if it's a haphazard hodgepodge of sounds that don't resonate in any way? Something that you can't listen to all at once? There needs to be some cohesion to it. Something overarching. 

okay so Melodrama leaked online today, & although it's very upbeat, every song has EXACTLY the same vibe & feel! (maybe in the name of a cohesive sound)

well, atleast from Lust For Life we are gonna get a variety of styles & a mosaic of soundscape.

not really there are slow and upbeat songs... plus its really good.

what's melodrama?

A disease.

Ya I hear it gives you bulging eyes, curly hair and a penchant for being bitchy about far superior artists despite being a teenager  :hooker:  sounds nasty 

'So I try to say goodbye my friend // I'd like to leave you with something warm // But never have I been a blue calm sea // I have always been a storm'

Ya I hear it gives you bulging eyes, curly hair and a penchant for being bitchy about far superior artists despite being a teenager  :hooker:  sounds nasty 

this sounds like a personal attack thkdjdladsfjwlkr

not a teenager tho