Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

okay so Melodrama leaked online today, & although it's very upbeat, every song has EXACTLY the same vibe & feel! (maybe in the name of a cohesive sound)

well, atleast from Lust For Life we are gonna get a variety of styles & a mosaic of soundscape.

They don't really sound the same but they sound like a cohesive body of work, in the same way that Ultraviolence and Born to Die sounded. I'm worried that Lust for Life won't have that, I'm excited nonetheless.

They don't really sound the same but they sound like a cohesive body of work, in the same way that Ultraviolence and Born to Die sounded. I'm worried that Lust for Life won't have that, I'm excited nonetheless.

Same, especially cause of how many tracks are on the record.

this sounds like a personal attack thkdjdladsfjwlkr

not a teenager tho

tumblr_inline_n3pyclaUfp1qzwjsj.gif

i don't actually even hate Lorde she just makes me irrationally angry

'So I try to say goodbye my friend // I'd like to leave you with something warm // But never have I been a blue calm sea // I have always been a storm'

noo, this was audio to change and it got taken down straight away, I'm not sure about a video

Ohhhh....Still, though.A re these mfs still leaking? It's getting annoying. It's wouldn't affect her sales by much, but she wants it out when and how she wants it out. Let artists be artists.

not really there are slow and upbeat songs... plus its really good.

I was talking about the sonic vibe (the beats, bass & all.. it's similar throughout), but yeah, you're right it's much more fresh than anything else that's been released recently & it's cohesive lyrics-wise. (I don't like the old life-of-a-party theme a lot though. Just a personal taste but her effort, no doubt, is impressive)

Btw, I'm sorry for bringing her up on this thread guys. Lets get back to Lana.

Honestly as much as I hope LFL beats the UV era and BTD era for me, it won't. I can't say that in terms of music, as we haven't heard the full album yet, but when it comes to everything else, then yeah.

The Love video had some amazing visuals, Lust for Life was... cute, but they're not magical for me. There's something missing that made the BTD & UV (or at least SOC, for sure) videos so iconic.

BTD and UV's visuals were consistent, even for photoshoots. BTD was able to present the gangsta nancy sinatra and sultry retro style very well through beautiful attire, makeup, big hair or curls. UV's, although more laid back, the t shirts, ripped jeans, eyeliner under the eyes, the dresses, somehow were all able to contribute back to the music and how she was presenting herself - I'm not sure the exact words to describe it, but I'm sure some of you can figure out what I mean. The photoshoots this era are nice, but I feel like I'm not able to connect it with the music we've gotten so far.

The music itself for those eras, were able to captivate me. I felt a connection to the lyrics and the sound, this era I don't. It doesn't mean I don't like what we've gotten so far, but I just don't feel the connection, at least compared to her other singles.

The way the album is being released, is terrible. I don't mind the wait, but I lost most of my hype a long time ago. And I HATE that she hasn't released an album sampler. The one's for UV and HM got me excited, they gave a taste of what the era was going to be like visually and musically.

lmao sorry for my rambling, but I do hope that my opinion changes in the future

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

I was almost a Lorde fan once......then she insulted Lana so I became a hater. Yes I'm petty. Yes I hold a grudge on someone I don't know. Yea I know it's dumb but I just can't. However, I am dry as fuck musically atm so i may listen to her album.

Honestly as much as I hope LFL beats the UV era and BTD era for me, it won't. I can't say that in terms of music, as we haven't heard the full album yet, but when it comes to everything else, then yeah.

The Love video had some amazing visuals, Lust for Life was... cute, but they're not magical for me. There's something missing that made the BTD & UV (or at least SOC, for sure) videos so iconic.

BTD and UV's visuals were consistent, even for photoshoots. BTD was able to present the gangsta nancy sinatra and sultry retro style very well through beautiful attire, makeup, big hair or curls. UV's, although more laid back, the t shirts, ripped jeans, eyeliner under the eyes, the dresses, somehow were all able to contribute back to the music and how she was presenting herself - I'm not sure the exact words to describe it, but I'm sure some of you can figure out what I mean. The photoshoots this era are nice, but I feel like I'm not able to connect it with the music we've gotten so far.

The music itself for those eras, were able to captivate me. I felt a connection to the lyrics and the sound, this era I don't. It doesn't mean I don't like what we've gotten so far, but I just don't feel the connection, at least compared to her other singles.

The way the album is being released, is terrible. I don't mind the wait, but I lost most of my hype a long time ago. And I HATE that she hasn't released an album sampler. The one's for UV and HM got me excited, they gave a taste of what the era was going to be like visually and musically.

lmao sorry for my rambling, but I do hope that my opinion changes in the future

I get it. I had a hard time getting into Love and even harder time getting into LFL, until I really heard what she was saying and thought about how I was feeling. For me, she's tapping into powerlessness, worry and modern day anxieties about the world around us that we share. It's odd because love in the romantic sense isn't at the core, which is new for Lana's discography; instead, it's love for humanity, which pulls at different heartstrings. For me, it's particularly strange because we're so used to her music being so timeless. 

It might also be harder to apply some of the feelings she's having to ourselves bc, when you're young, you're a lot more self-involved, but, I assume, by 30, you start to think more about the newly emerging youth.

UV literally shook my soul, and I'll never forget the summer I spent drowning in it, but I think this album might end up beating it for me. For the first time, it feels like music that I not only care about, but music that also cares about me. Lmao so cheesy, true.

Ohhhh....Still, though.A re these mfs still leaking? It's getting annoying. It's wouldn't affect her sales by much, but she wants it out when and how she wants it out. Let artists be artists.

No, a fan posted the audio of the Instagram snippet and it got taken down on copyright grounds