Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

with all these collabs lust for life should have a lot of first week streams (I hope)

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

Guys i am sHoOketh!! So today i met this guy and i was talking to him about Lana, as us lana stans do :creepna2: and i shown him Shades of Cool and he was really surprised by how much better she was than he thought she'd be. He loved it, and i asked him why he was so shocked and he said "well you know i thought she made all meaningless dance crap", and then i asked him why he thought such horrifying things, and he said "well you know her song Summertime Sadness, it's really fast and makes no sense with the lyrics", so i was like "omg hunty noooo that's the remix, the orginial is a beautiful ballad", and he was legitimately shocked.  :facepalm:

It's sad to think how misunderstood Lana really is, her only well known song is a remix. And what's even sadder is that some people don't even realise that it's not the original, they actually think Lana would make THAT kinda music. Her real art is so unheard of and it makes me mad because her music fucking deserves so much more credit.  MESS

:oprah2:  :wtf: :whoopi: :hottie:

How can people only know the Summertime Sadness remix? Every non-fan I talk to knows at least Video Games and Summertime Sadness (the original) because they were on the radio all the time.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Girl preforms 'Cherry' twice yet there's still no sign of the studio version.Lana should've released it as a promo single between or even after the festivals she preformed at to keep the promo train rolling but nope  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  Honestly I don't expect anything from her news wise (apart from those snippets she keeps posting) until July. 

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

And how would "giving us the album with a proper tracklist and pre-order" interfer with that?

If she doesn't care, she's not going to put in effort.

posting a tracklist and preorder takes effort, though only a bare minimum.

giphy.gif

Guys i am sHoOketh!! So today i met this guy and i was talking to him about Lana, as us lana stans do :creepna2: and i shown him Shades of Cool and he was really surprised by how much better she was than he thought she'd be. He loved it, and i asked him why he was so shocked and he said "well you know i thought she made all meaningless dance crap", and then i asked him why he thought such horrifying things, and he said "well you know her song Summertime Sadness, it's really fast and makes no sense with the lyrics", so i was like "omg hunty noooo that's the remix, the orginial is a beautiful ballad", and he was legitimately shocked.  :facepalm:

It's sad to think how misunderstood Lana really is, her only well known song is a remix. And what's even sadder is that some people don't even realise that it's not the original, they actually think Lana would make THAT kinda music. Her real art is so unheard of and it makes me mad because her music fucking deserves so much more credit.  MESS

:oprah2:  :wtf: :whoopi: :hottie:

This is the CURSE that alternative artists face (I know she has a fucking major label but she is not a mainstream artist, face it)

As soon as ONE song get's big, and gets overplayed, everyone judges and hates them. Even if it's a remixed/reworked song.

Same thing has happened to basically a lot of my favourite artists of different genres who made it briefly into mainstream.

everyone hates Linkin Park because one song got overplayed, but I believe their best music has been made after 2010. In The End is seriously their worst single.

Evanescence has the same curse because of that stupid Bring Me To Life song, when, FUN FACT, the original didnt even have the rapper in it. They were forced to include a rapper or else their song wouldn't be sent to radio, so their producer made them change it from the demo which was so much better.

Same kinda happened to 21 pilots with Stressed Out and Heathens, when all of their really amazing stuff was released before 2013

This is the CURSE that alternative artists face (I know she has a fucking major label but she is not a mainstream artist, face it)

As soon as ONE song get's big, and gets overplayed, everyone judges and hates them. Even if it's a remixed/reworked song.

Same thing has happened to basically a lot of my favourite artists of different genres who made it briefly into mainstream.

everyone hates Linkin Park because one song got overplayed, but I believe their best music has been made after 2010. In The End is seriously their worst single.

Evanescence has the same curse because of that stupid Bring Me To Life song, when, FUN FACT, the original didnt even have the rapper in it. They were forced to include a rapper or else their song wouldn't be sent to radio, so their producer made them change it from the demo which was so much better.

Same kinda happened to 21 pilots with Stressed Out and Heathens, when all of their really amazing stuff was released before 2013

Self Titled & Regionals at Best got me through some shit, Vessel was a nice addition bringing forward some track but the second BF came out and we had the recurrence of weird scene and emo kids who paste lyrics on black & white backgrounds along with a soundtrack from the cringiest soundtrack and movie just ruined my connection with them and the new music, call me headass for it idc  :deadbanana: , the golden days r over

I'm starting to think the album isn't coming July 21 anymore

If it gets pushed back again, I can't imagine her fanbase taking it well. I can't imagine anyone even being excited for it at that point.

I still think the album is coming out but I think that it'll probably be her worst commercially since even with all the time she's had, she's not promoted it at all (and I don't count those two performances as promotion because once they were done, she fell off the face of the fucking planet).

giphy.gif

I'm starting to think the album isn't coming July 21 anymore

There's no reason to think this tbh.. i mean I know she hasn't announced or said anything but there is still 36 days (FUCDZJFDSAH) left until the release date.. I feel like a lot will happen in late june and all of July. It's bad enough she pushed it back this far anyways smh