Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I don't know why, cus i love the weeknd (on his own) but he kinda annoys me on Lust for Life. I wish it was just lana sometimes :(

i still love u though abel

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Dua Lipa is robbing all of Lana's retro-futuristic aesthetic for his upcoming album, receipts:

https://www.facebook.com/dualipaofficial/videos/1283100091775905/

https://www.facebook.com/dualipaofficial/videos/1293624424056805/

https://www.facebook.com/dualipaofficial/videos/1288501657902415/

What do you think?

I prefer this over lazy Lana.

bitch without a personality is what i think

Lust For Dead   large.gif

idk i may sound impatient but i'm over the shit at this point. never have i ever been so frustrated with lana. honeymoon ran smoother than this era and people as a whole really didn't care about that album. she can do what she wants but i'm just saying she's being a mess. she's doing nothing for this era but dropping songs and saying nothing. i'm just annoyed ;( (insert someone's future post about how "us gays are just impatient and ungrateful"...save it lol. i do not care.)

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

as much as i agree that lana should promote herself or release a little more, im not going to give up when were devoted fans and have been waiting so long for the album. people on this site are always like "unstanning!1" they never do though

pNjWdpc.png

Why is everyone giving up so quickly:what:

it's been two and a half months since she started it all with the love billboards and the song release.

i76mrxw.png 

Like im glad but who the fuck is buying it still 5 years later?

I'm always surprised at people still buying "All I want for Christmas is You", making the song chart 20 years after it came out !

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

95% of the people on this forum are true Lana fans who care about her and her music. I never experienced such discontent with her and it's not just here. This will be her third release without promo, without any meaningfull interaction with her fans. We don't have any profesional recordings of live performances of the UV and HM songs and she practically didn't sing any song from HM live besides the title track. Do you belive that we didn't get a proper live performance of Artdeco? People are tired being trolled by "coming soon" statements, anticlimatic public apperances, sloppy videos etc. I really hope that she uses LB and realizes that her career depends 100% on her fandom because she has absolutely no appeal left with the GP. Personnaly I never felt so little interest in her new music, my expectations are very low for this album and maybe is better that way, she can prove me wrong

Extremely bored with the melt-down aesthetic of this thread, so I appreciate your post about what makes it on an album. With regards to lyrical complexity, here's some pseudo-criticism.

There are lyricists and there are anti-lyricists and they differ in their approach to what makes a lyric a great lyric. An anti-lyricist might depend more on how the lyrics are sung along with a crude and/or intentionally minimal approach to what the lyrics are. A lyricist writes poetry, which is something I would define as always looking/sounding/meaning great things on paper (i.e., when viewed typed out); whereas an anti-lyricist writes emotive expressions that tend to look/sound/mean cringeworthy things when viewed (on paper) and out of context. Lyrics also prefer to show up in verses and anti-lyrics mostly in the choruses. Pinup Galore has great lyrics and anti-lyrics. In fact, a lot of her songs, especially the unreleased ones, mix them (Scarface says hello).

So if Katy Perry's Bon Apetit song is a bit too lyrical (and it does have a lot of words when viewed on paper), it's main message appears to be something like sex is food. LDR's Delicious is extremely anti-lyrical, but which song of the two do you think has the most acting, irony, humor, and social commentary? 

LFL, I would say, is anti-lyrical in the choruses and lyrical in the verses. Maybe it is simple and interludish in form (so predicting it will be in the middle as many others have), but it's respectable (unique and pleasing) for being something she hasn't done before, namely a feature with a major artist. Also title tracks can be pretty insignificant in the scope of the album, witness John Mayer's latest release, whose title track (sort of) is like the least significant track of the album.

I totally agree with your evaluation, and it's interesting hearing lyrics broken down in this way-- by my original post, I meant to imply that we would have a problem if there wasn't a range in lyrical complexity, which I guess would be lyrical and anti-lyrical songs. It was more of a pessimistic view of things, since I'm sure she will write a brilliant album, but while I do find some of the more recent songwriting (melodies) to be particularly beautiful, the lyrics of her later work is not as strong for me.

95% of the people on this forum are true Lana fans who care about her and her music. I never experienced such discontent with her and it's not just here. This will be her third release without promo, without any meaningfull interaction with her fans. We don't have any profesional recordings of live performances of the UV and HM songs and she practically didn't sing any song from HM live besides the title track. Do you belive that we didn't get a proper live performance of Artdeco? People are tired being trolled by "coming soon" statements, anticlimatic public apperances, sloppy videos etc. I really hope that she uses LB and realizes that her career depends 100% on her fandom because she has absolutely no appeal left with the GP. Personnaly I never felt so little interest in her new music, my expectations are very low for this album and maybe is better that way, she can prove me wrong

why im always agree with what you say  :flutter: