Elle

New Song "Coachella - Woodstock in My Mind" Out May 15

I knew that she will record the song. I have nothing against the title of the song. It doesn't affect me in any way but overall I enjoy the song a lot. I don't know why we dramatise about a song title. Let Lana do what she wants. It's her song anyway.

-Homeland of the Gods-

Is everyone just letting lana slap some lyrics together and then call it a song now? Is her management asleep? I feel like she used to work at and craft her lyrics, there are so many awkward lines here that should have been tweaked and worked on. I think her trying to be political and send a message has really interfered with her songwriting. It's too blunt, too on the nose. No subtlety or depth at all. UGH. At least now we are sort of getting the production we wanted for hunnymoon.....

giphy.gif

Even weaker than the BAR demo.

What the hell is going on this album, all of the songs that got released by now got no connection to each other...

This album seems like a mess for now :horror:  :icant2:  :crying5:

Can't compare BAR to this lol. :toofunny: 

BAR is the best one that we've gotten.

It better be on the f'n album.

Are we even sure that it's not the demo of the song???? The song has a summery feeling and I am happy with that cause I miss the long summer days and listening to Lana without worrying for school. I am not mad at the production or the lyrics of the song. I just think that Lana wants us to be enjoying this album a lot cause she dedicates it to us. And because of that many of you think that she lost herself. It's not easy to please your fanbase and particularly this fanbase cause we are more judgemental and she knows that.

-Homeland of the Gods-

It's like she tried fitting two songs into one another :toofunny:

I felt Stairway to Heaven had so much potential to be a woke ballad of some sort. And when I heard @butterflies take on the lyrics, I really felt like that was the ideal sound for it. In the track, I pictured her walking up to heaven and asking God questions. It felt ethereal yet still held to that positive message she wanted to convey. 

Now this Coachella / Woodstock mash feels like a separate song. I guess if she left out the StH chorus and actually kept to the 60s/flowerchild vibe, lyrically, it would've been better. But also, the production feels like it's all over the place. Her vocals feel like she recorded it in 1 hasty session. 

Here's to hope that Yosemite, Tomorrow Never Came, and the Stevie Nicks collab is good.

But right now, I feel like this era is struggling to find what it wants to be   

source.gif source.gif