Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

259 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

When she said on IG last night that Heroin was her favorite and was the vibe of the album at first, a little part of me died. A whole album of Heroins would destroy me, though I'd imagine it would be divisive and obviously an extreme downer. Ultraviolence on 'roids

that makes sense coz that's the most space-y song on this record  :defeated:

giphy.gif

Neither would I, but I think I know where she's coming from ;)

I'm afraid most of the stores you ask aren't really that big on selling music. It's still laughable they don't have it, but try bigger retailers like Saturn or Media Markt. If they don't have it, it's officially banned in your district :D

Yeah I just went to the stores that are close by but our Müller is really trying to maximise their media section lately, we got huge posters for new album releases, a big vinyl section and I remember them promoting Joanne and 25 during their release weeks and even sold the hm box set so I thought they would get it tbh. Weltbild was Just around the corner so I thought I'd rather try than be sorry, currently on my way to a fnac in France though.

i76mrxw.png 

HEY GEYS! :wave:  I'm back bitches :blush3: ... and LFL has SCALPED me bald. :cumming: :angie: :lange:  I actually adore this album so much! I was a really excited to hear Cherry in full HQ and it delivered! It's such a bop. I was also really blown away by Change, it's much better than what we heard from the snippets. My favorite song is Get Free. When i heard it i started crying and i don't even know why, it has a very strange melody that i've never heard before, and it just struck a nerve. It feels so hopeful, so ethereal. It's a masterpiece... and the ending ughhhhh, it's just the Cherry on top of it all. Hearing the sounds of the beach sounds like paradise, i picture everything i ever wanted manifesting itself into existence, everything working out and being okay  #Don'tworrybaby :krylie:

P.S

I think In My Feelings and Coachella are the worst songs on the album. Also i know i already said this but i fucking missed you guys so much. Glad to be back  :thankyou:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

HEY GEYS! :wave:  I'm back bitches :blush3: ... and LFL has SCALPED me bald. :cumming: :angie: :lange:  I actually adore this album so much! I was a really excited to hear Cherry in full HQ and it delivered! It's such a bop. I was also really blown away by Change, it's much better than what we heard from the snippets. My favorite song is Get Free. When i heard it i started crying and i don't even know why, it has a very strange melody that i've never heard before, and it just struck a nerve. It feels so hopeful, so ethereal. It's a masterpiece... and the ending ughhhhh, it's just the Cherry on top of it all. Hearing the sounds of the beach sounds like paradise, i picture everything i ever wanted manifesting itself into existence, everything working out and being okay  #Don'tworrybaby :krylie:

P.S

I think In My Feelings and Coachella are the worst songs on the album. Also i know i already said this but i fucking missed you guys so much. Glad to be back  :thankyou:

Queen is back, yaaaaaas! I loved Get Free too, it's my 2nd fave to Tomorrow Never Came. :flutter:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

My first listen is over, I loved the album. All my fears are gone.

I think it's a very stange album, very surprising. The production is really creative and playful. Way more physical than the previous ones, and I really like it. I feared a stepback, but it's just something different, a new record. I will not write a full review here, but I want to point that White Mustang & Heroin sounded very similar to me, but it's not a problem. And Cherry is very disturbing, but so great + Yes, I really agree with the people that says the second part of the album is very "Lizzy Grant", I love the mix with between the Lana Del Rey we know today and the old Lizzy stuff, it brings a very EastCoastPop vibe.

1st LISTEN TOP 3   :   BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE BEAUTIFUL PROBLEMS   -   CHANGE   -   GROUPIE LOVE

Love : ★★★☆☆

Lust for life : ★★☆☆☆

13 Beaches : ★★★★☆
A very universal song

Cherry : ★★★★☆
Even the production surprised me a lot

White Mustang : ★★★★☆
Fits on the record so greatly

Summer Bummer : ★★★★★
High By The Beach on the East Coast

Groupie Love : ★★★★★
The only "summery" song to me (and also the only dreamy one)

In My Feelings : ★★★★☆
Such a strange song, so pop.

Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind : ★★★★☆
Always liked this song

God Bless America - And All The Beautiful Women In It : ★★★★☆

When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing : ★★★★★

Beautiful People Beautiful Problems : ★★★★★
Stevie Nicks is awesome, and the song is pure heaven, my favorite

Tomorrow Never Came : ★★★☆☆

Heroin : ★★★☆☆
The only song that don't really fits the record to my opinion, a little too dark but great

Change : ★★★★★
This song is so down-to-earth, grainy and bloody, I love it.

Get Free : ★★★★★
A great ending, and an awesome song.

I like the fact it's a jewel case, it fits with the previous records (I have both UV editions), and I love the booklet.

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

that's for explicit...when u click on buy mp3 it becomes explicit 

If you buy the mp3 version, its explicit, yes.

But I think if you buy the CD Clean version, you will get the mp3 clean version with AutoRip.

Not so sure though

I have to rave about 13 Beaches for a second skdjfaksldfjalksdfj 

It's so regal and sad. This song really indicated to me that this was not necessarily a "happy" album. The passion in her vocals in the chorus is incredible. It sounds like she's crying out. This isn't a simple disparaging song about the woes of fame, but the woes of being famous and being Lana, reclusive, independent, and sensitive (I promise these aren't insults, I'm the same way). The lyrics in this song are some of her best recently. I also love the little blips/spaceship noises throughout the whole song. I made a remix of Terrence Loves You where it sounds like she's on a spaceship and it honestly sounds like she sampled the same ambient space noises x.x 

I have to rave about 13 Beaches for a second skdjfaksldfjalksdfj 

It's so regal and sad. This song really indicated to me that this was not necessarily a "happy" album. The passion in her vocals in the chorus is incredible. It sounds like she's crying out. This isn't a simple disparaging song about the woes of fame, but the woes of being famous and being Lana, reclusive, independent, and sensitive (I promise these aren't insults, I'm the same way). The lyrics in this song are some of her best recently. I also love the little blips/spaceship noises throughout the whole song. I made a remix of Terrence Loves You where it sounds like she's on a spaceship and it honestly sounds like she sampled the same ambient space noises x.x 

ALL OF THIS

I feel like some people are sleeping on 13 Beaches which makes me sad

EDIT: I also just realised that Dan Heath did the opening orchestral overture which makes it even better tbh

'So I try to say goodbye my friend // I'd like to leave you with something warm // But never have I been a blue calm sea // I have always been a storm'

I just watched the live from her Spotfiy show/meet idk and damn what a woman, I wish I was there  :toofunny:

she's such an amazing human being, thinking now before this era started and most of us were worried about what's to come, I'm so proud of her now and I'll never doubt her again (maybe I will tbh lol), I love how she's always writing and making what she loves, also her talking about the next record makes me more proud on how hardworking she is.

DFQoQveW0AAdsiA.jpg

Btw she just went there with this outfit, she looks really chill, I love it

I can't wait to come home and listen to this album with my headphones on  :defeated:

tumblr_onl7kjm7SV1rr0bkio3_250.gif

ALL OF THIS

I feel like some people are sleeping on 13 Beaches which makes me sad

EDIT: I also just realised that Dan Heath did the opening orchestral overture which makes it even better tbh

Dan Heath is one of the greatest legends of Lana's career. Everything he touches and makes with turns into shining, ethereal gold. The entire fucking Paradise EP, Young and Beautiful (one version at least), Old Money, National Anthem

Not to mention 

Life is Beautiful :creep:

Can someone help me figure out which unreleased Get Free sounds like???

Is it Queen of Disaster? Back to the Basics??

Chorus is the same melody as the chorus of Back to the Basics from what I can tell

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

I think that Heroin is one of my favorite Lana songs ever. It sounds so deep and I really like the sound of this one. I also think that the lyrics is beautiful. "I'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin. Probably gave you everything and took your life away. I put you on an aeroplane, destined for a foreign land. My hope's that you come back again. And tell me everything's okay, ay, babe, yeah." and "It's fucking hot, hot, winter in the city. Something about this weather made these kids go crazy. It's hot, even for February. Something about this sun has made these kids get scary. Oh, writing in blood on my walls and shit. Like oh my god. Dripping off from the walls into the docks and shit. Oh, ho ho ho, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sick of it. Lead me, baby, come on, come one, come on, come on." are so iconic.